Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Fear Street Part 1: 1994 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Fear Street Part 1: 1994 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Fear Street Part 1: 1994
Quote:
Fear Street Part One: 1994 is a 2021 American slasher film directed by Leigh Janiak, with a script co-written by Phil Graziadei and Janiak, from an original story by Kyle Killen, Graziadei, and Janiak. Based on the book series of the same name by R. L. Stine, the film was released by Netflix on July 2, 2021 as the first installment in the Fear Street Trilogy. It received generally positive reviews from critics.

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:34 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Fear Street Part 1: 1994
I was so excited for this with the terrific reviews and many comparing it to Scream. There are definitely nods to Scream. Especially in the beginning. But it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

It does have a solid opening scene but I didn't think it quite delivered on the promise of that. I hate to say it but I thought it was a little dull at times. It is a decent enough movie but the great reviews are kind of surprising. I will say I would have preferred it to be a slasher without the supernatural elements. Didn't realize it wasn't going to be.

Will still watch the rest of the trilogy though. The next installment seems promising.

Also kudos to it having a same-sex relationship at the center of it.

6/10

Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:43 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

The opening scene is great and super fun for Scream fans. Excellent homage and Maya Hawke crushes it.

The movie itself is solid and stylish though I didn't find the lead character particularly likable. It gains momentum in the finale for sure, the grocery store sequence is very well done with some gruesome kills. And the second looks better - I'm wondering if since these are all tied together my grade might go up after seeing all three. B

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:52 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

Yeah Deena kinda sucked and I'm not a fan of the actress. I wasn't invested in any of the characters though.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:20 am
The Kramer

I really enjoyed this even though the rules of the fantasy world don't make a ton of sense. It's definitely playing with a Screamer Things vibe right from the very start (loved the girl at the beggining and wish she had been the main character.) The characters can be a bit annoying at times, but not overly so as they are teenagers. Even though they became assholes for a minute or two, I still felt pretty bad for those who didn't make it. I figured all five would live on to the sequel.

I'll definitely watch the sequels.

B+ish

Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:40 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I really enjoyed this even though the rules of the fantasy world don't make a ton of sense. It's definitely playing with a Screamer Things vibe right from the very start (loved the girl at the beggining and wish she had been the main character.) The characters can be a bit annoying at times, but not overly so as they are teenagers. Even though they became assholes for a minute or two, I still felt pretty bad for those who didn't make it. I figured all five would live on to the sequel.

I'll definitely watch the sequels.

B+ish

The girl at the beginning... Maya Hawke from Stranger Things. Would have loved to see more of her but it was a nice Drew Barrymore/Scream homage.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]