Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Stowaway 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Stowaway 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Stowaway
Quote:
Stowaway is a 2021 science fiction thriller film, written by Joe Penna and Ryan Morrison and directed by Penna. The film stars Anna Kendrick, Daniel Dae Kim, Shamier Anderson and Toni Collette. The film was released by Netflix and Prime Video (in Canada) on April 22, 2021.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:48 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Stowaway
I really liked this. It was well-done and suspenseful. B+

Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:39 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

I'm sure theres an audience that will appreciate this more, but man I found it mostly kind of boring honestly. It has a good cast with some solid performances and some decent/capable direction, but I never really got invested in the story or the characters. I can enjoy a slow burn sc-fi flick from time to time, but this almost too slow for me.

C+

Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:51 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

A generic space thriller with great ensemble that delivers the goods. The problem is that the space thrills are non-existent and its never welcoming to these characters instead it relies too much on its star-cast to do the heavy lifting. The deficiency of oxygen was also very puzzling and not handled well. The end sacrifice is handled welll but again felt a lot more like script demanding that sacrifice rather than something that happened naturally. Kendrick steals the show here with Collette, Dae Kim and Anderson giving good to great performances.

B-

Tue May 18, 2021 3:01 am
The Kramer

Stowaway has four great actors giving four great performances, and a strong "what would you do?" survivalist plot. It just doesn't seem like the movie ever goes anywhere beyond that. Anna Kendrick heroically convinces everyone to let her go into space and grab some more oxygen, then she drops it, then she heroically convinces everyone to let her do it again. That's about it for the ending. While I didn't think it needed to be any longer, there should have been a few scenes that showed the fallout. Of how the characters reacted to knowing that her death was caused by their failures. It seemed like that was the whole point of the movie, yet it just ended instead.

C

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]