Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Honeymoon Phase 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Honeymoon Phase 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Honeymoon Phase
Quote:
Struggling young lovers, Tom and Eve, must endure a 30-day scientific experiment. Room, board, $50,000 and a month alone together in research facility housing. What could possibly go wrong.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:20 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Honeymoon Phase
A very interesting concept, great acting is failed by the final act of the movie where it over-reaching sci-fi concepts does not make for a suitable conclusion. It starts of really strong and the slow decent into madness is fine for first third but then script manipulation starts and by final act it completely forgets what it started with and turns into a generic sci-fi concept movie. The leads Jim and Chloe are really good and have great chemistry. There are a few sex scenes sprinkled here and there but not enough character building for this kind of movie.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:25 am
Forum General

I did find the concept really interesting, but I never cared for the two lead characters. I just found them really unlikable and annoying and while the acting isn't awful they both seemed really off to me at times with there heated interactions. Outside of the sex scenes not enough actually happened in this movie IMO which made it kind of dull to sit through, but the concept alone did keep me interested until the end.

D

Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:04 pm
https://horrorbuzz.com/2020/09/14/the-h ... narrative/

Do you happen to recall an episode of the TV show “Are You Afraid of the Dark?” starring the Mowry twins (of Sister, Sister sitcom fame)? Explaining why I was reminded of it would definitely give away some of The Honeymoon Phase’s story beats and even if you simply know what I’m referring to you already get what to expect from this movie so I apologize to all three other people who know what I’m talking about. Anyway, I’m sure the setup was hoary by the time I saw it on NickTV in the late ‘90s so to get pretty much a repeat in 2020 only with sex, violence, and four times as long doesn’t exactly rock my socks off.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]