Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Project Power 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Project Power 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Project Power
Quote:
Project Power is a 2020 American superhero film directed by Ariel Schulman and Henry Joost, produced by Eric Newman and Bryan Unkeless, and written by Mattson Tomlin. It stars Jamie Foxx, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Dominique Fishback, alongside Machine Gun Kelly, Rodrigo Santoro, Amy Landecker and Allen Maldonado, and follows a drug dealer, police officer, and former soldier who team up to stop the distribution of a pill that gives the user superpowers for five minutes.

The film was released on August 14, 2020, by Netflix.

Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:44 am
Forum General

Post Re: Project Power
I found this to be really generic and forgettable unfortunately. Easily one of the weaker Netflix original films I have watched recently which is a shame considering the talent involved. Jamie Foxx and JGL are good in it though and there likeable/charismatic energy elevates it somewhat, but there characters felt super undeveloped IMO and don't even get me started on the villains. I thought Dominique Fishback was the only real standout performance wise and character wise, but that's not really enough to save the film. I didn't even think the action or the visuals were all that impressive outside of a few scenes in the beginning, but honestly I really do think this would have been much better as a 10 episode Netflix series rather than a 2 hour film.

C+

Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:20 am
The Kramer

Project Power is pretty meh for the most part. Yet another entry in the "what if superheroes were real? wouldn't that be messed up man?" genre , and like most of the others before it, just comes off as a wannabe X-Men. However, I can this movie a recommendation just because of the one action scene where we see Jamie Foxx rampaging from the perspective of ice girl inside her cage. Really cool visuals there and I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. If only they could have delivered more of that ... or ... you know ... some more interesting characters.

C+

Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:54 pm
Keeping it Light

Dil and Flava pretty much laid out the same thoughts I have. I quite liked the first half and I like both Gordon-Levitt and Foxx in this, but the second half is not really interesting. In the end it's a just pretty generic sci-fi action film without anything remarkable. The concept is cool and the display of powers makes for some decent set pieces, but the villains are thin, disposable and there's no tension or feeling of threat from them. Perhaps because everyone can just take the pill, but it could have be made in something more intriguing I feel. All around I liked it more than other recent "special power" films like Code 8 and Old Guard, but wholesome it's just not either.

C+

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:49 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Lifeless, dull and generic. It does well whenever action scenes and powers are at display but unfortunately those are very few and far apart. It also ends into the most predictable and cliched premise ever with no redeeming qualities. I give it a C-

Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:29 am
We had our time together

A complete waste of a great idea, a fantastic cast and my time.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]