Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 We Summon The Darkness 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

We Summon The Darkness 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post We Summon The Darkness

Quote:
We Summon the Darkness is a 2019 American comedy horror film directed by Marc Meyers and written by Alan Trezza. The film stars Alexandra Daddario, Keean Johnson, Maddie Hasson, Amy Forsyth, Logan Miller, Austin Swift and Johnny Knoxville.
The film premiered at Fantastic Fest on September 21, 2019, and was released on April 10, 2020, by Saban Films.

Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:49 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: We Summon The Darkness
This movie is an absolute blast. Alexandra Daddario delivers her best performance ever, I was super impressed with her batshit crazy performance here. It takes a lot of unexpected twists and turns and is hilarious while also maintaining a great sense of tension. Definitely worth checking out for horror/slasher fans.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:09 am
Profile YIM
Forum General

A pretty solid little slasher film indeed. Alexandra Daddario was pretty fantastic in this throughout and I also thought Maddie Hasson gave a standout performance as well and damn was she oozing hotness here. I just loved the quirkiness of her character, but honestly all three of the main girls had pretty great chemistry IMO. Johnny Knoxville's role surprised me a bit as well, because while I always liked him as an actor I've always known him for his comedy stuff, but I actually thought he did a good job here playing a more serious and darker character.

B

Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:24 am
Wallflower

This was a total blast. I loved every minute of it. I think it may have been better if they could have held out on revealing the twist a little longer but it's not a huge deal. I'll definitely buy this when it's on Blu-ray. A very pleasant surprise.

Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:01 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This was indeed a solid slasher movie. Daddario definitely stands out, its always difficult to be sympathetic to a character doing evil throughout the film. The final act was rushed a bit and would not have minded Pastor's role a bit more here but I guess that helps with making the film more real. The supporting cast was good but none of them stood out for me.

More good B grade horror movies from VOD releases than I saw in theaters this year :P

Tue May 12, 2020 2:24 am
The Kramer

This is gonna be on Netflix this Saturday. Looking forward to it and glad I resisted dropping any money on it. :funny:

Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:43 pm
The Kramer

We Summon The Darkness was a pretty fun anti-home invasion slasher. The story twist that takes place about 25-30 minutes in is awesome.

I'd say it peaks a little too early though. After the big twist it is a mostly straight forward story of monsters trying to take down a Gary. I think it would have been better to save the Church stuff for a second twist at around the hour mark. Make it really shocking when Daddy Priest shows up.

Still a good time though. The three actresses do their parts very well. B

Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]