Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Frozen 2 

Rate this film:
A 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
B 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
C 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Frozen 2 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Frozen 2

Quote:
Frozen 2, also known as Frozen II, is a 2019 American computer-animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. The 58th film produced by the studio, it is the sequel to the 2013 film Frozen and features the return of directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, producer Peter Del Vecho, songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, and composer Christophe Beck. Lee also returns as screenwriter, penning the screenplay from a story by her, Buck, Marc E. Smith, Anderson-Lopez and Lopez,[2] while Byron Howard executive-produced the film.[a][1] Veteran voice cast Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad, Santino Fontana, Ciarán Hinds, and Alan Tudyk return as their previous characters, and are joined by newcomers Sterling K. Brown, Evan Rachel Wood, Alfred Molina, Martha Plimpton, Jason Ritter, Rachel Matthews, and Jeremy Sisto.

Frozen 2 had its world premiere at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on November 7, 2019, and is scheduled for wide release by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures on November 22, 2019. It has received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised its animation, score and performance of the cast but has received criticism for its convoluted plot, story and darker tone

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:34 pm
Hold the door!

Post Re: Frozen 2
Seeing this tonight! :hahaha:

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:36 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

No magic here!

Its not even a good sequel but more like a generic standalone movie with known characters. The fire spirit is just there for new toys (you'll know what I mean once you see it) baring no merit to the story other than a scene with visuals. Elsa's journey ends with complete bust and her conflict wasn't explored enough beforehand (I hear a voice so I don't want to stay in Arendelle?).

Why did they even bother with this? Visuals are great but the soundtrack lacks the energy of the last one (which was most disappointing because the original was a trend setter and we have had SO MANY good movies rejected because they didn't match its standard) and most songs don't add much to the story. While Elsa and Anna are firmly the leads here they both somehow felt secondary to the story; which is so generic that you will know how the main conflict ends after first 5 minutes of the movie. The other three main characters also feel just side characters while getting the obligatory songs for each of them (though technically Sven and Kristoff get a duel).

Missed Opportunity. The only word I think best describes this movie is "lukewarm"

Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:11 pm
Extraordinary

It was kinda underwhelming but I liked it.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:01 am
Hold the door!

It was a good movie but not a good sequel. It felt entirely standalone and barely tied to the first at all. I liked the soundtrack and the visuals but the story was much too focused on backstory and not nearly enough on forwards progression of the narrative begun in the first movie. It made for an entertaining experience, but a disjointed and confusing one.

Like a B

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:20 am
Hold the door!

The more I think about this movie, the more it frustrates me. It spends so much time answering backstory questions we don’t care about rather than justifying its existence by moving the story forward in a meaningful way.

It kind of reminds me of Crimes of Grindelwald in that it’s a fun movie, but not very good technically because of deep flaws in the story.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:29 am
Extraordinary

This isn't as messy as Grindlewald.

I think in focusing so much on the origin of the forest and reveal of the origin of Elsa's power it doesn't really feel as strong in character even though the first one wasn't strong on character to brgin with. I think a more focused conflict or maybe a proper cillain would've made the movie feel more focused.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm
Extraordinary

As for the songs, they're mostly decent. Into the Unknown is very good. Kristoff's power ballad was pretty funny. The Show Yourself sequence is animated beautifully.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:54 pm
Hold the door!

Song ranking

1. Show Yourself
2. Into the Unknown
3. Lost in the Woods
4. Some Things Never Change
5. The Next Right Thing
6. All Is Found
7. When I Am Older

Last edited by zwackerm on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:37 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

The songs aren't memorable while in the movie (they are mostly good to hear separately) like how iconic and relevant (to the story, culture) the songs were from the original. They have better visuals but that's not what made the songs from first one stand out. You can't sing along with these songs because they are either too dark, too complicated for little ones otherwise lack the warmth aside from Somethings never change. Also repetition of some songs is missing which helped last time to catch on. Music really just lacks the energy and fun factor and mostly felt obligatory because we are watching Frozen sequel.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:58 pm
Ocarina of Time

The Lasseter effect, Disney must rehire him!

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:56 pm
Team Kris

The songs don't hold a candle to the first one Nothing is memorable that makes me want to watch this again. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Disney had 5 years and this is the best songs they could find?

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Quality is a great business plan

Brian wrote:
The Lasseter effect, Disney must rehire him!

Yewww. So next your are going to ask weinstein to be back as well. Lasseter needs to stay away. Cannot forgive him for what he did. And I love Pixar flicks.

I used to be shawman.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:47 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's noticeably weaker than the original. Solid, but a tad underwhelming. B.

It felt to me like this was the third act, or climax, of the story and we never got to see the bridge between the two films. "Show Yourself" is a great song though, and that scene was the highlight of the film. I know that "Into the Unknown" is suppose to be this film's "Let It Go", but I disagree and think it goes to "Show Yourself". Both songs and featured scenes essentially result in Elsa's character developing.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Saw it again. One of those films that’s great if you don’t think too much about it, but falls apart a bit if you take the time to think and nitpick it.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:27 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Instantly forgettable. Nonsensical plot and none of the songs are catchy. And lol at the marketing campaign making that Elsa vs. the wave some epic scene (I think it lasted all of 90 seconds in the film!) Animation is great and maybe a few chuckles. But the characters are pretty paper thin.

C+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:40 pm
100% That Bitch

B -
Meh

Show yourself and into the unknown slay, I'm curious to see Which one will stick

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:44 pm
Extraordinary

I think Into the Unknown is much more catchier than Show Yourself but Show Yourself has the more epic scene. *shrug*

Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:36 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

None of them will stick!!

Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:38 pm
Team Kris

I would rank all of the songs from Frozen ahead of any of the songs in Frozen 2. I knew there was reason to worry after Into the Unknown was released as their big hit. When that was no good, I feared for the rest of the soundtrack.

Without catchy sing a long songs, legs won't compare to the original.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

KC wrote:
I would rank all of the songs from Frozen ahead of any of the songs in Frozen 2. I knew there was reason to worry after Into the Unknown was released as their big hit. When that was no good, I feared for the rest of the soundtrack.

Without catchy sing a long songs, legs won't compare to the original.

I’d disagree. Fixer Upper is far worse than anything in Frozen 2.

I’d agree the songs are not as catchy as Let It Go, but that’s a ridiculous standard to hold any song to. That’s like literally their most iconic song at this point. Lightning rarely strikes twice.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:02 pm
100% That Bitch

You know the movie disappointed when we argue more about its soundtrack than the actual movie, lol

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:28 am
On autopilot for the summer

I don't even know if it's disappointing as how lazy it is. The biggest subplot is proposal mishaps that you'd see from sitcoms in the 70s.

And I really don't get the plot of this movie. Thank God Anna said at the end "You're the 5th spirit" This is such a poorly constructed movie. This is literally night and day from Toy Story 4.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:10 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

This sounds like a major letdown. I always felt the first was a fluke or to be more kind - lightening in the bottle. And to take so long to deliver sub-par product makes it all the worse.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:22 am
Quality is a great business plan

it does not matter. OS looks like increasing big(1B os is possible unless it has meh legs). Domestic will be close at worst or a small increase. But next one whenever they make it will feel the effect.

I used to be shawman.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next