Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Scream 3 

What grade would you give this film?
A 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
B 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
C 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 21

Scream 3 
College Boy Z

Post Scream 3
Scream 3

Quote:
Scream 3 is a 2000 American horror film, the third installment in the successful Scream series of horror films. The film stars Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courteney Cox Arquette, each reprising their roles from the first two films.

This is the only part of the Scream cycle not to be written by Kevin Williamson, as he was busy working on his short-lived television series Wasteland. Ehren Kruger (writer of the film Arlington Road, who would later go on to write the screenplays for The Ring, The Ring Two and The Skeleton Key) was given the task of writing the script based on notes Williamson himself had sketched out. Scream 3 was intended to be the last film in the franchise, but Scream 4 was announced by Bob Weinstein and The Weinstein Company.

Last edited by zingy on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 18, 2005 3:40 pm
Sbil

A piece of crap, frankly, and a huge letdown compared to the other two.

Wed May 18, 2005 3:57 pm
Teenage Dream

I was confused watching this. There was a STAB and they were making a STAB 3, so what happened to STAB 2? This is my least favorite of the franchise, but brought the trilogy to a good close. Still good though. A-

Wed May 18, 2005 10:14 pm
Forum General

It was still kind of 'hip' and entertaining, but unlike Scream and Scream 2 that were heavily played for laughs and jabs, this film actually took itself somewhat seriously (Neve Campbell's character sees 'ghosts' in 'houses,' freaks out, no one believes her, oh goodness).

And, oh, that ending. Talk about crash and burn. And... Scott Foley!?

Ebert has a great quote on this film: "If Scream was like a funny joke, Scream 2 was like somebody telling you, 'here's how I heard that joke,' and Scream 3 is like somebody who won't believe you've already heard it."

He's right. And for a film whose predecessors were so heavily (and surprisingly) praised for being self-aware, I find it odd the direction this film took.

C- or thereabouts.

Thu May 19, 2005 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

it wasnt good, and they really killed what was good about the series!

C+

Thu May 19, 2005 1:48 am
La Bella Vito

It is the weakest of the three, but I do like some things about it. There are some good scenes. Like the one in the house were the killer just starts killing people one by one. I really liked it. Sidney is also very witty and smart in this one, and I liked that. I don't get all the hate for this one. It's not as good as the other two, but its a worthy addition to the trilogy.

B-

Thu May 19, 2005 2:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

The worst of the three but not a bad movie.

7/10 (B-)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sat May 21, 2005 1:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Horror Hound

A definate step down from the first 2 installments. But still very enjoyable.... A

Tue May 31, 2005 11:10 am
You must have big rats

I consider Scream 3 slightly superior to the second movie because this was the point where it seemingly finally prevailed from half-serious horror to be a more blatant horror parody. This is cemented by the appearance of Jay and Silent Bob throughout the movie. The kills are aplenty and they are more fun than in the second flick. I was not fond of the ridiculous "ghost" suggestions, but the twist actually worked for me and was an interesting take on the franchise. It was a decent conclusion for the Scream Trilogy.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

In comparison to the other Scream films, this is terrible. When compared to other "new wave" slashers, though, it's good. Williamson is missed, because he had such a firm grip on the characters. Craven is kind of half assing it, and the film really has no clue if it wants to be a serious horror film or an all out spoof. Still, the acting is good, it has decent production values (it still looks more cheap than the other two, though), and the plot is mildly interesting. C

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:17 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

The worst of the series, but still an enjoyable film. Wes Craven still has enough steam to make the film fun, but nowhere near as good as the first two. B-

Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:38 am
On autopilot for the summer

I remember this, at first everyone thought it was better than the 2nd, (My favorite) but now the consensus really shows how good the first two are. The third had some good moments, but liker earlier stated without Schrieber and Kennedy, its just not as fun as it could have been, and its sinked into the films it tried to take pokes at.

B

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:09 pm
You must have big rats

I remember this, at first everyone thought it was better than the 2nd, (My favorite) but now the consensus really shows how good the first two are. The third had some good moments, but liker earlier stated without Schrieber and Kennedy, its just not as fun as it could have been, and its sinked into the films it tried to take pokes at.

B

I still think it is better than the second ;)

Then again, I haven't seen the two in quite a time.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

The worst of the series, but still an enjoyable film. Wes Craven still has enough steam to make the film fun, but nowhere near as good as the first two. B-

Still stands.

Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:49 pm
loyalfromlondon

Post Re: Scream 3
Totally blunt and obvious. Such a fall from the original, which was meta but didn't overemphasize that fact. That's all this one's got, and it won't let go. Ridiculously forced.

Also, David Arquette is a pretty terrible actor.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:39 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Yeah, this is definitely the weakest of the trilogy, but I still love it - especially now after repeat viewings (I remember really disliking it when it was initially released). It's heavier on comedy than the previous installments, but there are some decent scares - and the performance from Parker Posey is awesome. It's a good conclusion to the series overall. B+

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:52 am
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

B+

I wish it was a little more focused and had a better script (Williamson is missed), but the supporting cast is interesting and I loved the darker tone to the whole thing.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:00 pm

The lack of actual gore and tongue and cheek humor is missed. I remember hearing that 100 gallons of blood were used for the first film, 80 gallons for the 2nd film and the third used only about 25 gallons. To the scream franchise its a big step down, but still leagues above the slashers that came out around that time, even the I know films and H20, and I'd settle for films like this today over the constant japanese crap and remakes. These films may not have been scary, but they were intense and very suspenseful at times, even here.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:06 pm
100% That Bitch

The worst of the series but still good and better than most of the slasher films.

B-

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Yeah, I'd love a slasher of even Scream 3 quality, take out the fact that the first two films came first, its still a very above average horror film.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:18 am
The Wall

6/10 -> C

This one is not as good as the previous too. It's fun. That's certain. But it's not sexy smart as part 1 and part 2. The script is just too scrambled to work. Which is a shame as the basics for a great third movie is evident. Kevin Williamson is sorely missed here.

The best thing about it are Courteney and Parker. They're bitching to each other is hilarious. The worst thing are the kills. They're such a let down. The opening one is especially tame and unoriginal. You can't open a movie like that when you have two anthological openings in the previous movies. It's just not right.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

c

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Horror Hound

Re watched this recently. I love the film.

But yeah it's the weakest of the series.

Courteney Cox's hair!!!

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:18 pm
Forum General

Kris K wrote:
Re watched this recently. I love the film.

But yeah it's the weakest of the series.

Courteney Cox's hair!!!

You're pretty pathetic so it's okay.

Don't know how some of you can say it wrapped the trilogy decently. Hello? They invented a brother, an unbelievable past, unbelievable tools, the whole story was a fucking bad mess. It insults the original.

Easy to please much. Might as well just stick to DTV sequels on end, yeah, that's right, not even DTV movies, their fucking sequels.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:45 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Just watched the entire trilogy this week. First time seeing these movies in a few years. Scream is the best, but Scream 2 is only marginally weaker while Scream 3 is only marginally weaker than Scream 2. Definitely gradual decline in quality but the whole trilogy was fun all at once.

Scream: ***½ / ****
Scream 2: *** / ****
Scream 3: **½ / ****

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next