Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Run 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Run 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Run
Quote:
Run is a 2020 American thriller horror mystery film directed by Aneesh Chaganty and written by Chaganty and Sev Ohanian. The film stars Sarah Paulson and Kiera Allen, and was digitally released on November 20, 2020, by Hulu.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:28 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: Run
The movie is solid with several intense sequences. Kiera Allen is really good and I enjoyed it very much whenever she was on screen. Two things hold it back though.

1) Sarah Paulson. Terrible casting. The movie would have a lot more dramatic tension if we ever, even for one second, thought her character was not completely crazy. With Paulson that is impossible. She is way oversaturated right now and the good will I had from the OJ show has Run out.

2) The ultimate twist actually makes it less scary in my opinion. Though I suppose they thought it necessary for a truly happy ending. Meh.

Still worth a watch even though it falls short of its potential. B-/C+ overall but the scenes with Kiera by herself are closer to B+.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 am
Forum General

It's a pretty good movie anchored by really strong performances from Sarah Paulson and Kiera Allen, but its not exactly something we haven't seen before and while Paulson is really good in the role I am honestly kind of tired of seeing her being so type casted these days. You know from the start that's she's a crazy, psycho which takes away so much of the mystery and tension IMO, because its so obvious and ultimately I do wish they casted someone else in that role.

B-

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:55 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was absolutely AWESOME! Totally nail-biting and twisted, so many sequences were incredibly creative and well-done. Sarah Paulson was great and what a knockout performance from newcomer Kiera Allen. One of my favorites of the year for sure. A

Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:08 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

A very neat small thriller executed perfectly. I understand Sarah Paulson being type-cast in this role but she does great here, yet newcomer Kiera Allen steals the show. The story is predictable but I felt it didn't need to be revolutionary for this kind of thriller. Its fast paced and never dull.

B+

Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:26 am
Keeping it Light

This is very solid, Paulson and Allen are both very good and the story has roots in realities we don't often hear about. I don't think it's as good as Searching, which I think is more gripping and focused, but Chaganty does a good job here as well, it's an eerie and entertaining thriller.

B

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]