Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 9 ]
B 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
C 22%  22%  [ 8 ]
D 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
F 19%  19%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 36

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
The Director's cut is definitely better among the two. It's ambitious for sure but it's neither entertaining nor as re-watchable (and I'm not going to bring in Marvel in comparison because those are best binge watched together). I do not think it made less at BO even though the potential was higher but there are some really BIG flaws in both versions (I'm still not over MARTHA moment) but the director's cut is more digestible.

As a movie it crams too much and even Director's cut feels rushed towards some parts.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:18 am
The Kramer

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
So if we remove Batman from the movie:

1. The gruesome and depressing opening credits sequence is gone, immediately improving the movie.
2. Instead of Bruce driving around Metropolis, it is Lex. This would give him some badly needed motivation for his actions later in the movie. And he would also inherit the "all good men go bad" dramatic arc.
3. Diana Prince stays because shes awesome. And if it is now Clark who is flirting with her, this also gives Louis tension. Maybe she is worried that, as a mortal, she isn't enough for Superman. So when Superman tells her "I love you" it is also "I would have chosen you, always."
4. Louis would inherit the bulk of Bruce's investigation of Lex. More Amy Adams is always a good thing.
5. Lex still creates Doomsday, but he also creates the Kryptonite Spear as a deterrant. Revealing this information to Superman gives him humanity even amongst all his villlainous traits.
6. Everything gets more focus and more time to connect with the audience.
7. Only one dream sequence.

All that being said, I have to conclude that Batman is this generation's Venom. The actual performance is much better yeah. But is the relevance to the story/marketing ratio any different?

Zack Snyder has been framed damnit. Let him make Superman!
Ha, I don’t even remember writing that, but how prophetic it turned out to be. Having Batman be the lead on two of Snyder’s films is probably the biggest mistake of the DCU. If the Snyder Cut is successful then maybe we can finally get a proper Man of Steel 2 one day.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:43 am
Hold the door!

A step down from Man of steel, which already was just ok. Has lots of good ideas but very little meshing together. And the characters are still underdeveloped, especially Batfleck. Very hard to care about what was going on.

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25