Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The Perks of Being a Wallflower 

What grade would you give this film?
A 85%  85%  [ 11 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
D 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

The Perks of Being a Wallflower 
Angels & Demons

Post Re: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
BOOK TO FILM ADAPTATION: 10/10
Because the author of the novel was the director and screenwriter himself, I'm sure the film is exactly what he envisions it to be. Charlie, Sam and Patrick had amazing chemistry and it’s all thanks to the brilliant acting of Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and especially of Erza Miller.

THEME 10/10
The movie tackled well its mature themes of depression, mental Health, sexual abuse, sexuality, drugs, and suicide in a true coming-of age story. I love how the core of it all is leaning how to love yourself.

CHARACTERS 10/10
Their characters all had tragic histories but they never use it as an excuse for bad behavior. As each of them tackle their fears and discover or rediscover themselves, it gives of a nostalgic feeling from when you were once an adolescent too-the film was relatable in this sense.

Patrick’s character is such a strong person, who takes the narrative of others into his own. He never lets the bullies’ labels taunt him, and instead take charge of it “Nothing hates you” at the end of the film.
Spoiler: show
(When his schoolmates were calling him nothing and nobody was standing up for him honestly broke my heart. I cannot fathom how I could handle a situation like that.)

It reminded me of the author’s quote “We accept the love we think we deserve”

There were some foreshadowing on the mystery surrounding Charlie’s depression and it was done in a subtly way that the climax didn’t surprise me but the emotional impact was still there and I teared up.

DIALOGUE: 8/10
There were memorable dialogues and the ending is just sweet.

“And in this moment I swear, we are Infinite”

SN: I’m just a little bothered that Emma Watson’s character, Sam doesn’t know Heroes by Davie Bowie

Final Rating: A

Tue May 04, 2021 5:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3