Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Something's Gotta Give 

What grade would you give this film?
A 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
C 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

Something's Gotta Give 
Award Winning Bastard

yes, Mr. "George Lucas is the best filmmaker alive" :wink:

He's better than all the dead ones too. *rimshot*

:razz:

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:07 pm
Veteran

Levy wrote:
4/10. Terribly. Overlong. Constructed. The worst sex scene ever. And Keaton was nowhere near a deserving Oscar nominee

=D>

And in real life Keaton's chracter would not have dated a sleae like Nicholson, she would happily been with Reeves character, I find the movie insulting stupid!

I disagree with you. My wife is 32 years old and she said she preferred Nicholson's character to Reeves'. She said any relationship with Reeves would be totally unbelievable for Keaton.

As for my opinion of the movie, I liked it. I'm not a fan of Keaton but she was fantastic in this. Her crying scene alone earned her an Oscar nomination and made me laugh out loud. Nicholson is good as usual but this was a standard performance for him. Amanda Peet, Frances McDormand, and even Keanu are all good in their supporting roles. McDormand's speech at the table is one of the movie's highlights. She's the type of actress that can appear in a movie for 5 or 10 minutes and make it one the movies most memorable parts.

My grade: B+

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

Post Re: Something's Gotta Give
Simply terrible.

Oh, the things Nancy Meyers forces talented people to do in the name of middle-aged pandering! And can we get this woman a decent editor? Romantic so-called comedies shouldn't feel longer than your average sword-and-sandal epic.

Get back with Charles Shyer. Their Parent Trap remake was completely entertaining, pleasurable fluff.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:05 pm
i break the rules, so i don't care

I agree, awful

D

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:29 am
now we know

This is a special, wonderful, fulfilling and uplifting film. I love it. I saw it way back and loved it, more-or-less forgot it, just watched it again and loved it all over again. That's the sign of a true classic.

Nicholson is just on another level of stardom. Regardless of film or role, he just oozes a magnetism like no other. He can be an obsessed retired police officer, a mafia crime boss, a publisher-turned-werewolf, or a heart-attack twilight lover like he is here ... and he's perfect in them all. And Diane Keaton is like the female version of Jack. She's lovely to watch.

Sensational film.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2