Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Fritt vilt II [Cold Prey 2] 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Fritt vilt II [Cold Prey 2] 
You must have big rats

Post Fritt vilt II [Cold Prey 2]
Cold Prey 2

Quote:
Cold Prey 2: Resurrection (Norwegian: Fritt Vilt II) is a 2008 Norwegian horror film, directed by Mats Stenberg. It is the sequel to the highly successful Cold Prey (Fritt Vilt), and premiered in Norway on 10 October 2008. It was directed by Roar Uthaug and starred Ingrid Bolsø Berdal in the leading role. The film picks up where the first left off. The female protagonist is picked up in the wilderness and brought to a hospital, but soon her nightmare starts all over again. Reviewers, though not overwhelmed, declared it a surprisingly good sequel to the original. Its opening weekend was the best for any Norwegian movie in history.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Fritt vilt II (Cold Prey 2)
I wish this would leak online with English subtitles, or get released in the US soon. I really liked the first and want to see this one.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:24 pm
You must have big rats

Mike wrote:
I wish this would leak online with English subtitles, or get released in the US soon. .

It is out on DVD in UK. Has been for a while now. I'm absolutely sure there's a version with English subtitles somewhere : )

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Was finally able to find a version with hard-coded english subs to download. Really enjoyed this one! It was even better than the first, which I also liked.

Will buy it when it gets released in the US.

8/10 (B+)

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:36 am
You must have big rats

B-

This unnecessary sequel starts off right where the first film ended. Long story short, the tired, injured and absolutely distraught Jannicke (the final girl) is found and brought to a hospital where she'll eventually have to face the killer again. Having seen The Descent: Part II as well now, I can say that while both have plots that require a LOT of suspension of disbelief and while both are unnecessary, The Descent's follow-up, at its best, actually manages to match the original's tension and claustrophobic atmosphere. Cold Prey II, however, falls short of the first film's achievement. There's of course still Ingrid Bolsø Berdal as Jannicke, the best final girl in a horror film since The Descent's Sarah. She does her job well, playing the initially disturbed and later determined victim-turned-hunter. The new female character of Camilla actually works surprisingly well too so that I rotted for both of them. The rest, however, are mostly stock characters waiting for their disposal by the killer. The killer, while menacing in the first film, loses some of his threat in the ambiance of a hospital, as opposed to the dark and deserted hotel in the mountains. Also, the film mostly lacks the panoramic beautiful shots of snow and mountains that made the first film stand out. I must admit that there are still a handful of well-made, suspenseful scenes in the hospital when the villain starts his killing spree (it doesn't take off until halfway into the film, but then the bodies start dropping like flies), however having a very irritating little boy kills it from time to time (don't you all hate annoying little kids in horror movies?!). Overall it goes on pretty much by the numbers, just with a bit less thrills and less outstanding direction.

However, after a pretty solid first hour, in the final 20 minutes it becomes pretty ridiculous. I can't go further into it without spoiling some plot details, but it just becomes a stupid slasher with all-around stupid characters and stupid actions made by everyone (even the killer). At least the very ending leaves us without much of a twist and doesn't even as much as leave the door open for another sequel (though I read a prequel is in the works).

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]