Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Constantine 

What grade would you give this film?
A 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
D 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
F 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

Constantine 
College Boy T

Just a lil' play on the Ben Affleck/Phantoms joke...;)

I didn't mind Reindeer Games (seriously! I knew it was bad, but I enjoyed it, I guess) or Mighty Joe Young (not AWFUL).

Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:46 pm
New Server, Same X

What a damn entertaining movie. A lot goes on, without it being so obvious. Keanu Reeves isn't terrible, either. Sure, it's the same role every time, just different situations in different genres of different films, but he basically plays the same character. Either way, the film is great. Definitely the best film of the year thus far, bumping Assault on Precinct 13 (which I have downgraded to A- after serious thought over the past week, and yes I have nothing else to think about). Much better than Elektra, but no one needs to tell anyone that. :wink: Few things here and there that prevent it from being an A film, but if I see it again, it might change either way.

Grade: A-

Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:14 pm
Extraordinary

I enjoyed it. The special effects are great and the acting ain't too shabby. Reeves is fine and Rachel Weisz is great. Something I didn't like about the movie (and that effects my grade) is that there really isn't any strong emotional conflict but I did enjoy it.

- B

Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:20 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

---

Not as good as it could have been, but still effective. The acting was good, the special effects were generally well done, but the ending left a few questions. The pacing wasn't the best and could have been improved. Overall, a good film that sadly could have been even better.

6.9/10(B)

Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:24 pm
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

I loved it. I thought it was a terrifying, intelligent, suspenseful thrill ride. I'm not really good at writing reviews, so I'll just be short and say that I was just totally blown away by it.

A

Last edited by tombraider17 on Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

By Arsalan Ahmed

Keanu knows how to pick his roles.

Keanu is a smart man. He seems to pick out all the roles that somehow suit his acting abilities. Some would say that is not true and that the reality is that Keanu manages to pick out roles that do not require him to portray acting characteristics that he simply does not have. Look at it however you want. He delivers on what is required off Constantine.

Constantine is based on a comic book printed by Vertigo, and goes by the name of HellBlazer. Vertigo is owned by DC. DC owns Catwoman. That’s enough to shoot off some warning bells. WB hasn’t exactly been the smartest studio when it comes to comic book adaptations. It almost seems like they do not understand DC fans, nor do they understand the characters themselves. First they introduced a Catwoman dubbed CINO (Catwoman in Name Only) all over the net. Then there were talks about a Green Lantern spoof. We all remember Batman and Robin. Exactly how much can a studio discredit itself? If one wishes to look at Constantine with a skeptical eye, they have every right to do so.

Constantine is not everyone’s cup of tea. If you’re expecting action, you’ll walk away disappointed. If you’re expecting character development, you might as well not walk into the theatre to begin with. And if the concept of extra terrestrials or higher powers holds no fascination for you, you should very well stay in your apartment and not even consider being a part of this movie’s audience.

Constantine, played by Keanu Reeves is a troubled man, who was born with a curse (gift?). He has the ability of seeing half-demons and half-angels that walk amongst us, who’s only intention is to guide the souls of mankind towards heaven and hell. There are strict rules in place in this ‘game’ between God and Lucifer, rules that barely abided by. As expected Constantine is considered mentally ill and in his state, takes his own life. He is sent back to the plain of Earth for redemption but his time is running out. In his quest to enter heaven, he becomes an exorcist, keeping in check the activities of hell and sending demons back to hell when possible.

Falling in love with the premise, if you’re into this sort of thing, is easy. The story is different and fresh. Heaven and hell are looked upon with a different light and our hero is never shown to have any kind of superpowers whatsoever. The filmmakers also do a great job of building on this premise, introducing intriguing characters into the mix and developing the story that sounds somewhat believable.

The most compelling thing about the movie is indeed, the story as mentioned above. Again, it’s not only a fresh idea on page but also executed well. Constantine is littered with imagery that only works to add more substance to the plot and the troubles of the character Constantine himself. Editing and direction for this film, while not top notch, do not seem to suffer from any problems as well.
What is also unique about Constantine is how it treats the matter of the higher powers. There seems to be an underlying feeling that God makes a man suffer yet at no time during its 2 hour duration does it ever depict Constantine of blaming him for his own predicament. It leaves him frustrated yes, but not bitter. There is also the great notion of the angels themselves not being fair in their fight. One would expect the angels to adhere by the wishes of God and to do well and to follow rules. Not so in Constantine. Constantine shows how the actions of the angels themselves are bent to counter the setting that exists in the playing field. There is almost a subtle hint here; that even the noblest of us all have to break rules, whether they are set by God or man himself under situations and that there is nothing wrong with it. Take a look at the conversation between Constantine and Midnite, a character in the movie who has chosen to remain neutral in this game between God and Satan. Constantine, facing death, informs Midnite how he is just about the only one who is playing by the rules anymore and why it’s okay for him to lean towards one side only if it is to restore the balance that was broken. This seemed to be an underlying theme.

While the acting was pretty generic and enhanced only by good dialogue, the real problem seems to be last portion of the movie. It is not nice to throw in so many philosophies, characters (especially important characters), and twists right at the end. There comes a time when the audience would just say “Oh God” and stop buying into what they’re watching.

At the end of the day, the only regret that remains is that Constantine had the potential to be much more than it turned out to be. A sequel for this is more than welcome because right now, this might be nothing more than an excellent idea delivered at the end as forgettable fun.

B+

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

I never saw it.

Just a lil' play on the Ben Affleck/Phantoms joke...;)

I didn't mind Reindeer Games (seriously! I knew it was bad, but I enjoyed it, I guess) or Mighty Joe Young (not AWFUL).

Reindeer Games was pretty good, IMO.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Hatchling

Post Constantine
I thought it was ok... not great or anything...

the ideas of heaven and hell were interesting, the casting was questionable i think, Keanu does his best and as always his best is pretty bad, rachael wiesz has never been a favourite of mine and she plays 2 parts in this movie (shudder) tilda swinton as Gabriel was a wrong choice, maybe they should've gone with a man who looks like a woman but who knows? Then theres Peter stormare with possibly the worst performance in recent memory, if you're gonna do Satan, at least do him cool, not like so escaped mental patient, for example viggo mortensens portrayal of satan in the Prophecy thats a cool satan! The effects were solid nothing ropey or too CG about them, script was passable, and by the way wouldn;t any smoker whose had the cancer removed from his or her lungs keep smoking? Exorcism is a stressful buisness!

Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Well, it was okay, but nowt special. Anyway, here's me review (now up for reading on the main site here:

Constantine

By Snrub

If, like me, your anticipatory glands were fired up for this movie from the first day you saw Rachel Weisz go flying through a building backwards (that’ll teach her for making The Mummy Returns), then chances are you’ll walk out of Constantine moderately pleased. For one of the more obscure comic book adaptations, there’s enough here to keep most viewers unfamiliar with the source material entertained – not the least of which is the near constant Rachel Weisz punishment – even if the film itself is mostly underwhelming. I myself am unfamiliar with the ‘Hellblazer’ comic book this film is based on, so I can’t tell you just how faithful it is, but if the film is any indication, then the comic is muddled, yet fun – reaching far, but ultimately coming up short.

Keanu Reeves is John Constantine, a paranormal investigator/exorcist who helps those in need with an annoying sidekick (Shia LaBeouf) banishing rogue demons back to hell. This much is established in an (admittedly cool) opening sequence where Reeves transfers a demon from a young girl into a mirror, before throwing said mirror from a high window onto the street below – sending bits of shattered glass and demon everywhere. Constantine, you see, has a unique gift; the ability to see demons and angels (who walk among us, apparently). It’s a gift that caused him to commit suicide a few years back - he got better - and that he now uses with the hope of earning redemption and a way into heaven before his rapidly declining health catches up with him.

The film’s main plot kicks off when a rather solemn-looking Rachel Weisz jumps from a building block and falls to her death (that’ll teach her for making Chain Reaction). Her twin sister (Rachel Weisz again), a police detective, refuses to believe her sister was capable of such an act un-provoked, so she starts investigating the death herself. The trail leads to Constantine, who, after some pestering, offers to help guide her through the supernatural underworld as they try to figure out exactly what made her sister commit suicide.

The resulting detective shenanigans eventually uncover a nefarious plot to free the Devil’s son from Hell in order to create a Hell on Earth scenario, but the film doesn’t seem to be as interested in unravelling this plot as it is with introducing Constantine’s world. See, on top of the main plot, the film has an awful lot of back-story to fill in the audience on, and while it does an admirable job of squeezing it all in, a few elements inevitably suffer as a result. Plot strands are rushed, secondary characters are ignored or brushed aside (poor Shia LaBeouf has almost as little screen time here as he did in last year’s I, Robot) and the film ultimately becomes much more convoluted than is probably necessary.

The performances, however, are uniformly fine. Reeves can play sombre heroics in his sleep, Weisz does a good job of acting bewildered in between getting battered around, LaBeouf manages to simultaneously grate and endear with equal measure and Tilda Swinton plays an androgynous angel with a distinct femininity that none of her masculine features are able to hide. Certainly, none of the performances detract from the film in any way, but a bit more time given to certain characters would have helped the film immeasurably. Swinton’s a great actress, but her appearances are few and far between. Likewise, Bush’s Gavin Rossdale makes for a (surprisingly) charismatic villain, but he’s only onscreen for about ten minutes in total.

The film has plenty to recommend it. The theological aspects are genuinely interesting – if exclusively catholic – and the more daring ideas certainly create an interesting conflict. Constantine’s world is painted in shades of grey where angels have dirty faces and even the Devil comes off as a sensible bloke (if a bit of a tit). The scene has been set for many interesting stories should they choose to make a sequel. Hopefully future cinematic forays into Constantine’s world will iron out the kinks to become a much more fulfilling and entertaining experience.

Overall Grade: C+

Last edited by Snrub on Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:07 pm
Teenage Dream

Damn you, Snurb! I read through your entire review with a mild erection in anticipation of at least a B-, and you hit me with the C+. For shame!

Seriously, though, it sounds like you enjoyed it more than your final grade reflects.

Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:39 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Damn you, Snurb! I read through your entire review with a mild erection in anticipation of at least a B-, and you hit me with the C+. For shame!

Seriously, though, it sounds like you enjoyed it more than your final grade reflects.

Hey, what's wrong with a C+? A C+ is the equivalent of three stars in my warped mind.

Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:56 pm
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:

Hey, what's wrong with a C+? A C+ is the equivalent of three stars in my warped mind.

Hmph! Warped mind indeed! [-X

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:02 pm
College Boy T

Constantine
By Arsalan Ahmed

Keanu knows how to pick his roles.

Keanu is a smart man. He seems to pick out all the roles that somehow suit his acting abilities. Some would say that is not true and that the reality is that Keanu manages to pick out roles that do not require him to portray acting characteristics that he simply does not have. Look at it however you want. He delivers on what is required off Constantine.

Constantine is based on a comic book printed by Vertigo, and goes by the name of HellBlazer. Vertigo is owned by DC. DC owns Catwoman. That’s enough to shoot off some warning bells. WB hasn’t exactly been the smartest studio when it comes to comic book adaptations. It almost seems like they do not understand DC fans, nor do they understand the characters themselves. First they introduced a Catwoman dubbed CINO (Catwoman in Name Only) all over the net. Then there were talks about a Green Lantern spoof. We all remember Batman and Robin. Exactly how much can a studio discredit itself? If one wishes to look at Constantine with a skeptical eye, they have every right to do so.

Constantine is not everyone’s cup of tea. If you’re expecting action, you’ll walk away disappointed. If you’re expecting character development, you might as well not walk into the theatre to begin with. And if the concept of extra terrestrials or higher powers holds no fascination for you, you should very well stay in your apartment and not even consider being a part of this movie’s audience.

Constantine, played by Keanu Reeves is a troubled man, who was born with a curse (gift?). He has the ability of seeing half-demons and half-angels that walk amongst us, who’s only intention is to guide the souls of mankind towards heaven and hell. There are strict rules in place in this ‘game’ between God and Lucifer, rules that barely abided by. As expected Constantine is considered mentally ill and in his state, takes his own life. He is sent back to the plain of Earth for redemption but his time is running out. In his quest to enter heaven, he becomes an exorcist, keeping in check the activities of hell and sending demons back to hell when possible.

Falling in love with the premise, if you’re into this sort of thing, is easy. The story is different and fresh. Heaven and hell are looked upon with a different light and our hero is never shown to have any kind of superpowers whatsoever. The filmmakers also do a great job of building on this premise, introducing intriguing characters into the mix and developing the story that sounds somewhat believable.

The most compelling thing about the movie is indeed, the story as mentioned above. Again, it’s not only a fresh idea on page but also executed well. Constantine is littered with imagery that only works to add more substance to the plot and the troubles of the character Constantine himself. Editing and direction for this film, while not top notch, do not seem to suffer from any problems as well.
What is also unique about Constantine is how it treats the matter of the higher powers. There seems to be an underlying feeling that God makes a man suffer yet at no time during its 2 hour duration does it ever depict Constantine of blaming him for his own predicament. It leaves him frustrated yes, but not bitter. There is also the great notion of the angels themselves not being fair in their fight. One would expect the angels to adhere by the wishes of God and to do well and to follow rules. Not so in Constantine. Constantine shows how the actions of the angels themselves are bent to counter the setting that exists in the playing field. There is almost a subtle hint here; that even the noblest of us all have to break rules, whether they are set by God or man himself under situations and that there is nothing wrong with it. Take a look at the conversation between Constantine and Midnite, a character in the movie who has chosen to remain neutral in this game between God and Satan. Constantine, facing death, informs Midnite how he is just about the only one who is playing by the rules anymore and why it’s okay for him to lean towards one side only if it is to restore the balance that was broken. This seemed to be an underlying theme.

While the acting was pretty generic and enhanced only by good dialogue, the real problem seems to be last portion of the movie. It is not nice to throw in so many philosophies, characters (especially important characters), and twists right at the end. There comes a time when the audience would just say “Oh God” and stop buying into what they’re watching.

At the end of the day, the only regret that remains is that Constantine had the potential to be much more than it turned out to be. A sequel for this is more than welcome because right now, this might be nothing more than an excellent idea delivered at the end as forgettable fun.

B+

I agree with a lot of what you said. The fact that the plot is so good, though, makes its rewatchability all the more better...Now for my own craptacular review that I wrote in two seconds...

The racial assumptions in the first scene irritated me. You see the poor hispanic guy holding something precious close to him, scared he might lose it. He, of course, works manually and wears shabby clothes. And then he gets hit by a car...There's even more. Taxi drivers, are, of course, fixated on the little things in life...

However, after that, once Keanu Reeves walks out of the yellow taxi cab and the apartment, Constantine only gets better. It's stylish. Because Constantine smokes, we're all supposed to. After all, Keanu's supposed to look good lighting up with a silver zippo. But, the style improves the direction. Some shots, like the shots through the window in the second scene with the demonic woman, are as fancy as shots found in Yimou's two movies in '04. It deserves a nomination for Best Art Direction. From the scene with the woman free-falling from the top of the church to almost every shot outside a building, Constantine's art direction, cinematography, and lighting are not likely to be topped by many films

Constantine has as good a flow as the original Matrix and the Die Hard movies. Although the action is rare, almost everything is compelling. After the great first scene, it slows down for around 20 minutes but eventually picks up. After that point, the audience, even when they have no clue what's going on, stays glued to the screen. Also, there are a few scenes with subtle bits of humor. They aren't laugh out loud funny, but witty little facial instances. Keanu Reeves does well with these.

I know some of you might claim that we can't feel for the characters. While that's true in parts, what action movies CAN you feel for? When I watched 24, I'd feel certain emotions when watching the main character's situation and his anxiety, but, in most action movies, whether The Matrix, Terminator 3, or Alien, the characters usually aren't that strong. Perhaps if John talked more and wasn't so reserved, it wouldn't even be as noticeable.

Overall. A great experience. It's nice to see Keanu in a role that he's not dreadful in. He's bad, but he's been worse in nearly everything else. I give Constantine an A, and, keep in mind, I am TRYING to be harsher and more cynical while grading movies. It deserves it, though. Constantine is different. It happens to be very unique in everything - its approach to city life, the church, and hell. While other films have fewer flaws, Constantine strikes a similar level as Garden State did. Flawed in parts, sappy others, but overall, an outstanding film. Solid A

Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:49 pm
Kypade

(this is nothing against those that like the movie, but :oops: ):

honestly, l think it looks like crap. l highly dislike the trailers, think reeves cant act, and the whole thing just doesnt seem like something l'd like...l never read the comics for the same reason...just not my kinda thing...

HOWEVER, it seems to be pretty well recieved and l'm genuinely interested in the story...PLUS l have a free ticket...and nothing else is playing really...so, l MIGHT just have to swallow my pride..(well, it's not pride keeping me from seeing it...more like fear of wasting time and money on a film l end up hating)... K, then swallow that, and go see it this weekend.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:15 am
College Boy T

The reviews are encouraging, though. At least from an audience's stand point.

This role, as bABA said, does fit Reeves well. Of course someone could do it better, but, while he's still a household name and he's still getting jobs, I'd prefer to see him in a film like this since the role doesn't require MUCH charisma.

Do see it ;)

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:36 am
College Boy Z

Yes, this role was made for Keanu Reeves to play. He is Constantine. No one could have done it better in my mind.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:38 am
College Boy T

Yes, this role was made for Keanu Reeves to play. He is Constantine. No one could have done it better in my mind.

Geez, Zingaling. If I were on 6 inch heels, I could play it better. And, I don't even act...

But, as far as Keanu Reeves go, Constantine matches him well.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:45 am
Commander and Chef

(this is nothing against those that like the movie, but :oops: ):

honestly, l think it looks like crap. l highly dislike the trailers, think reeves cant act, and the whole thing just doesnt seem like something l'd like...l never read the comics for the same reason...just not my kinda thing...

HOWEVER, it seems to be pretty well recieved and l'm genuinely interested in the story...PLUS l have a free ticket...and nothing else is playing really...so, l MIGHT just have to swallow my pride..(well, it's not pride keeping me from seeing it...more like fear of wasting time and money on a film l end up hating)... K, then swallow that, and go see it this weekend.

Again. I dont think its everyone's cup of tea. If you got a free ticket and nothing else to do, go for it. Whats the harm. You can walk out of the theatre if you feel like its really sucking.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Kypade

l did see it...

But, more on that later...

:oops:

So, yeah...it was rainy, and a bit cold, the best time to go to the theater, plus l had the free ticket and l was bored so l went ahead and saw it. What can l say? l shoulda listened to my instincts. The movie was just not made for me. l figured Neo would suck, and he did (although not nearly as bad as l thought he would...just a little less than mediocre.) l didn't count on the rest of the acting to be so bad, though. Shia was pretty much my favorite part as far as acting goes - and then that stupid ending for him :mad: :oops:. The plot was also not that great. Sure, some of it was interesting, but just not that interesting and not really well executed. It could have been so much, but it just kinda jumps around. Yes, it's visually outstanding - honestly, l would have never imagined such a less than great film could be so well made - and that's where most of it's points come from. There are a few moments of near brilliancy; towards the end where Constantine fights off the halfbreeds, after wetting em down with holy water, for example, was so incredibly cool. However, ultimately just not great. But l wasn't disappointed...in fact, l was a little bit Appointed...er...pleasently surprised?...because l was expecting even worse. ** 1/2, or somewhere in the low to middle C range, probably.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:47 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

l didn't count on the rest of the acting to be so bad, though. Shia was pretty much my favorite part as far as acting goes - and then that stupid ending for him :mad: :oops:.

*SPOILERS*

I didn't think most of the acting was bad like you, but I do agree with you on Shia's stupid ending. I think half the reason it seemed so silly was that he had so little character development beforehand. I think I was supposed to feel saddened by his death, but by the time he turned up to help Constantine at the end I'd forgotten he was even in the film.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:48 pm
Kypade

Kypade wrote:
l didn't count on the rest of the acting to be so bad, though. Shia was pretty much my favorite part as far as acting goes - and then that stupid ending for him :mad: :oops:.

*SPOILERS*

I didn't think most of the acting was bad like you, but I do agree with you on Shia's stupid ending. I think half the reason it seemed so silly was that he had so little character development beforehand. I think I was supposed to feel saddened by his death, but by the time he turned up to help Constantine at the end I'd forgotten he was even in the film.
well, besides Neo, there was not many characters with big parts...the girl's voice annoyed me...a lot, and she seemed very dull. the angela was horrid, l thought. the devil was good, as was the midnight guy. the rest were nothing special a tall.
and l kinda agree with you...however, l wasn't expecting a big part, or even much developement (though l wouldn't have minded it)...but in what little he did get, he stood out to me. so when he shows up to help constantine it sealed him as a "l like this guy" character...then alla sudden they kill him. just kinda ruined one of my favorite parts.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:07 pm
Aspiring Director

A stylish an atmospheric flick that has it's share of really cool scenes but is ultimatley bogged down by a convoluted plot and some over the top characterizations. If your unfamiliar with the story or the comic book Hellblazer, then you'll probably be pretty confused...luckily I had read a couple of reviews before seeing the movie so I had an idea of what was going on. Many movies are best to go into 'cold', however I think you could certainly benefit from reading up on CONSTANTINE's story before watching it. I'll try my best to summarize the plot: Keanu Reeves plays John Constantine, a man who is desperate to buy his way into heaven. He once tried to kill himself and that being the only sin you can't be forgiven for, Constantine has his ticket to Hell bought and paid for. In order to avoid a trip down South, John goes around killing demons figuring that if he kills enough of them he can get back into God's good graces. Rachel Weisz plays Angela Dodson, a detective investigating the suicide of her twin sister. It may seem like I'm giving alot away, but honestly, that's just the beginning...I told you the plot was convoluted.

One of my favorite things about CONSTANTINE was it's dark sense of humor. Things like the Chevy ad, the "Not if I can help it" line in the elevator etc; had me cracking up. The other strong suit of the movie was John Constantine himself...his cynical attitude, chain smoking, cool threads and dry humor + Keanu Reeve's wicked performance made Constantine one cool mofo. Who cares if he isn't blonde and British? I certaintly didn't. Many people like to shit on Reeves but I'm not one of them. I personally think he's a great actor, especially in roles like this. On the other side of the acting coin, Rachel Weisz didn't bring much to her character...although it was underwritten. Nevertheless, the cleavage and wet shirts made up for it. On a visual level, director Francis Lawrence brough mucho style to the movie. Plenty of slick shots, atmosphere, cigarrette smoke and cool F/X to go around and the action sequences, although few and far between, were trés chic.

Besides the overly complex storyline, a couple other things rubbed me the wrong way, in particular the final 15 minutes or so. A certain character is way too over the top and plot gets ever more muddled.

All in all, CONSTANTINE was an ambitious movie that fell slightly short of it's goals, but did a good job in entertaining me for a couple hours.

P.S. Great last shot..

Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

I agree, Mr Blonde. A solid film, it twas. I really enjoyed it. It kept me entertained, but not enthralled. This was sort of a light mix of The Devil's Advocate and The Matrix, it seems. Overall, I'm not sure what grade to give it. It has many, many flaws, drags itself out too much, but still manages to get the job done. For this, I award Keanu and Krew a B+

Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Aspiring Director

Although I'm sorry you had to suffer through my terrible review. ;)

Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

Yay, someone agrees with me!

Although I'm sorry you had to suffer through my terrible review. ;)

Hey, I liked it. You saved me a few minutes \:D/ I loved that Chevy Ad. What did it read? Something like "Time is running out...". There was another one similar to those "Got Milk?" adverts, too....

My poor memory.

I loved the special effects most of all. The burning city was amazing. The way our world suddenly crumbled into a flaming hell was devlishly good :razz:. And the jokes had me cracking up! Its more than a thriller - definately a dark comedy, too. The devil had me dying with laughter.

Alright. I will stop with the lame puns. But still. Constantine was great.

Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next