Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Urban Legends: Final Cut 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
F 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

College Boy Z

Post Urban Legends: Final Cut

Quote:
Urban Legends: Final Cut is a 2000 slasher film and sequel to the 1998 film Urban Legend. It stars Jennifer Morrison, Matthew Davis, Loretta Devine, Anthony Anderson, Hart Bochner, Rebecca Gayheart, Regina Hall, Yani Gellman, and Eva Mendes. The movie was directed by John Ottman who also edited the movie and composed the score.

Decent, even if it was totally predictable. C+

Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:16 pm
You must have big rats

Huge step-down from the first film and ranks among the worst theatrically released slashers ever. A shame for the genre. Bleh.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Massive step down from the 1st one which I consider in my top 3 slasher pics of the last decade.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:10 am
Indiana Jones IV

D+

Huge step-down from the first film and ranks among the worst theatrically released slashers ever. A shame for the genre. Bleh.

Agreed.

I thought the first was fun in it's own dopey way. This is ten steps down and completely awful imo.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Massive step down from the 1st one which I consider in my top 3 slasher pics of the last decade.

That's gross.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:18 pm
College Boy Z

Dark Shape, what are the top five (or three, if there aren't five) slashers of this decade, in your opinion?

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:24 pm
Sbil

I never saw this (I don't think), but I discovered recently that Jennifer Morrison (Cameron from House) was the lead. Hrm.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:14 pm
Extraordinary

Dark Shape, what are the top five (or three, if there aren't five) slashers of this decade, in your opinion?

Oh God, I'd have to think about it. By this decade do you mean the 2000s, or 1997-2007?

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:52 pm
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:

Oh God, I'd have to think about it. By this decade do you mean the 2000s, or 1997-2007?

I meant 2000-2007. If you must expand the range to 1997 to get even three, go ahead. :smile:

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:32 pm
Extraordinary

I'm still drawing a blank. Of theatrical features, as pure slasher flicks, I'd go --

1. Scream 3
2. Freddy Vs. Jason
3. Halloween: Resurrection
4. Jason X

That's very, very sad.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

I kind of count Disturbia as a slasher... well, not completley. But somewhat in the boat. It just didn't have the bloodspilling.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:08 am
College Boy Z

I'm still drawing a blank. Of theatrical features, as pure slasher flicks, I'd go --

1. Scream 3
2. Freddy Vs. Jason
4. Jason X

That's very, very sad.

Did you actually like Jason X?

Surprised to see Scream 3 above FvJ.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:22 am
You must have big rats

1. Scream 3
2. Freddy Vs. Jason
4. Jason X

That's very, very sad.

Hell, that IS sad.

Okay, what about a Top 5 of 1990-2007?

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

1. Scream 3
2. Freddy Vs. Jason
4. Jason X

That's very, very sad.

I think I only really liked Scream 3...? LMAO! The other 3 you mentioned are mediocre at best (well, I think I only saw the first minutes of Ressurrection but still), and I'm not sure if movies like Final Destination, Jeepers Creepers and High Tension count - if they do, I'd replace them with your #2-4 in this order...

As for Urban Legends, it's even worse than the 1st one, yeah. The only smart and memorable thing about it the fake guns towards the end which is saying alot, lol. D

(and yeah, Cameron was the lead in this and I only noticed that now...)

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

1. Scream 3
2. Freddy Vs. Jason
4. Jason X

That's very, very sad.

I didn't like a single one of those. :sad:

You're right though. This is getting bad. Then again, I thought Scream 3 was the worst out of the trilogy. Others don't agree. Freddy vs. Jason was a joke -- literally. Halloween: Resurrection was a complete mess, and Jason X was a creation that to this day I can't believe was greenlit.

Sadly, I would have to say Scream 3 was the best out of those. And that's hard for me to admit because I wanted to like the others. I mean I grew up with the other guys first. That doesn't mean I love Scream 3; I thought it was very average.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

As for those listed above, I loved FvsJ. Halloween Resurrection was stupid, but entertaining. I liked it quite a bit more than H20 which simply bored me out of my mind. At least it didn't take itself seriously (I mean it has Busta Rhymes kicking Michael Myers' ass! :lol:).

Jason X is one of my absolute favorite TRASH films. It has little redeeming qualities, but my friends and I get a blast out of watching it at parties.

Scream 3 was...disappointing. I still liked the second less, but both are far far far beneath the first.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

As for those listed above, I loved FvsJ. Halloween Resurrection was stupid, but entertaining. I liked it quite a bit more than H20 which simply bored me out of my mind. At least it didn't take itself seriously (I mean it has Busta Rhymes kicking Michael Myers' ass! :lol:).

Jason X is one of my absolute favorite TRASH films. It has little redeeming qualities, but my friends and I get a blast out of watching it at parties.

Scream 3 was...disappointing. I still liked the second less, but both are far far far beneath the first.

Thinking about, Jason X probably was the most ridiculous -- and the biggest stoner movie. It's a terrible, terrible film, but it did have that sleeping bag scene. I think I laughed more at that scene than any other scene in the entire series, ever.

However, it still shouldn't have been made. ;)

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

As were all the scenes in which the so-called special forces were shooting at Jason and hitting everything around him, just not him. Always get a great laugh out of that.

And I would say, the deaths are pretty fun too.

Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]