Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Pulp Fiction 

What grade would you give this film?
A 90%  90%  [ 27 ]
B 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 30

Pulp Fiction 
Indiana Jones IV

Today I went and bought this movie and watched it and its a great movie, in my top 15 of all time. A+...At first I didnt know what exactly to think I was kind of like what? But know I see this movie is great...Jules is a playa.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Sbil

A truly stunning motion picture that was released in a stunning year (1994) for films. A

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:23 am
Another You

Post Re: Pulp Fiction
Saw it for the first time yesterday with through the roof expectations. I was deepLy dissapointed instead and been wondering what the fuck is sooo great about it. I mean, the characters and the script were very good and aLL, but I bareLy had interest with the pLot and it Left me waiting for an exceLLent ending which was actuaLLy good but didn't make up for the dissapointing first 2 hours of it. I sure do remember enjoying Grindhouse, KiLL BiLL and Sin City wayyy more than this and I have yet to see Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown. IMO, this repLaces The Godfather: Part II which I even gave an A- as the most overrated fiLm, ever.

B

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:54 am
He didn't look busy?!

I don't even know how to describe this. It's one of the few films that achieves both filmmaking brilliance and universally appreciated awesomeness. I mean, how many movies are on the "Top Ten Films of the '90s" lists of both Roger Ebert and an average high school kid?

A+

Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:32 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

2001 wrote:
Saw it for the first time yesterday with through the roof expectations. I was deepLy dissapointed instead and been wondering what the fuck is sooo great about it. I mean, the characters and the script were very good and aLL, but I bareLy had interest with the pLot and it Left me waiting for an exceLLent ending which was actuaLLy good but didn't make up for the dissapointing first 2 hours of it. I sure do remember enjoying Grindhouse, KiLL BiLL and Sin City wayyy more than this and I have yet to see Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown. IMO, this repLaces The Godfather: Part II which I even gave an A- as the most overrated fiLm, ever.

B

Gee?? Did you watch it on the AMC Channel or even fortunate enough to catch it on TNT at like 2 in the morning when the edit the hell out of it?? And the fact your catching this movie like 15 years too late doesn't help either.. TDK is clearly more overrated than PULP FICTION is..

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

My favorite film of the 1990's. As Baumer pointed out in his review earlier in this thread, the amazing thing about this film is that there isn't much of a plot but the dialogue moves the film forward and never leaves the audience bored (except for the scene with Butch's girlfriend). The dialogue makes these seemingly larger than life characters feel a little more human for me while watching it. Hitmen talking about TV show pilots, foot massages, and the metric system? That's exactly the kind of random shit that people talk about in real life! I feel that Pulp Fiction has the best dialogue of any movie I've ever seen. In addition to the kickass script, the acting was top-notch from everyone in the cast.

The film also features arguably the best soundtrack ever. Tarantino is incredibly talented at picking great songs to fit his imagery. I loved the various surf songs in addition to the big time hits that were included. Put it all together (script, directing, acting, music) and the first hour of this film is simply incredible, the finest hour of any film I've seen. The final 90 minutes is great as well but not quite on the same level. Overall, it is one hell of an entertaining film that seems to get better each time I watch it. It is somewhere in my top 5 or 10 all-time.

A+

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:31 am
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

"English motherfucker, do you speak it?"

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

WIth Inglourious Basterds, my least favorite chapter was chapter 3, whatever it was called, where here, Mia Wallace is my least favorite. Yeah, the scene between Butch and his girlfriend is the slowest scene, but the rest of the Golden Watch chapter is just too good to ignore with the film's best scene and funniest moment that I have to narrate everytime I see it.

LISTS!

1. Golden Watch
2. Epilogue/Prologue
3. The Bonnie Situtation
4. Mia Wallace

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:22 pm
now we know

I have no idea about which chapter is best or worst, but I have to say that I love the dialogue between Sam Jackson and Travolta, Bruce Willis' "Zed's dead" storyline, and the music throughout. I disliked the anal rape scene and the Uma Thurman/Eric Stolz scenes.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Your Knife, My Back. My Gun, Your Head.

A+

Everything I was going say has already been said. This is my all-time favorite movie.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:57 am
Extraordinary

So I saw this in theaters (looked a m a z i n g on the big screen by the way) and after all the times I've seen this I never knew Steve Buscemi was the Buddy Holly waitor at Jack Rabbit Slims. lol wow

ew @ my post on the first page. Jackie Brown being on par? lol what was I smoking

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:45 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

This is one I need to see on the big screen. I'm pissed off I never went to see it in a cinema back when it was released. I saw tons of films back then but for some reason missed PF.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:20 am
now we know

This is such a cool film. I've seen it dozens of times but it still feels fresh and cool, even in 2023. I guess it's timeless. The dark parts obviously seem tame now but because it is delivered with such style it still packs a punch. And what a fucking soundtrack! It just has top track after top track; "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon", "Surf Rider", "Out of Limits", and of course "Misirlou" to name a few. It's got to that stage (and has been there for a while, to be fair) where the film now owns the songs. If you hear those songs outside of the film, your mind goes to Pulp Fiction, despite most (if not all) the songs not being made specifically for the film.

The only scene I think needs to be cut is the Christopher Walken one. I've come to appreciate the whole film apart from that one scene. And I know there will be people that say that scene is the best thing since sliced bread, the one part that if removed the whole film collapses, you don't understand film if you don't like that part, yadda yadda yadda etc. etc. etc. but I don't care. Don't be that guy. It's a useless scene. A vibe killer. There are a thousand ways to show how important the watch was to Butch. That is the scene in the cinema where people check their phone.

So where does the film rank in Tarantino's oeuvre? Well, it's better than Jackie Brown, The Hateful Eight, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, Death Proof, and Kill Bill Vol. 2. But it's not better than Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Reservoir Dogs. It can be as good as those, just not better. I'll need to watch Django again to see how I feel about it, but I don't think it ever topped Pulp.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3