Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Pulp Fiction 

What grade would you give this film?
A 90%  90%  [ 27 ]
B 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 30

Pulp Fiction 
MISSING IN ACTION

are-why-a-en wrote:
Misutaa Supaakoru wrote:
This is a fun film, I loved it, Kill Bill is just as good. Jackson rules.

A

It took me a while to process through my mind that you were talking about Samuel Jackson.

I was about to tear you apart, I thought you thought Peter Jackson directed the movie. :-$

Wait... Peter Jackson didn't direct it. 8-[ :wink:

:bur:

...burn, die, and go to hell bizznitch.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

This is the movie that proved to me that ANY movie could have long scenes in one place, with just the dialogue of the characters, and be so damn interesting and intriguing. There's too many damn movies that I think are good, but get drug down by long, boring dialogue that is neither interesting, nor intriguing. This movie proves any movie can and should do it, especially a movie that relies heavily on characters and their thoughts. Pulp Fiction pulls off a double win, with the interesting dialogue coming from equally interesting characters.

Grade: A+

An all-time favorite.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:00 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Well, people were hyping this up for me so I expected a masterpiece. What I got was a disaster piece that drags on and on! Butch's girlfriend talking about a "pot belly" goes on too long and she is just a waste. In fact, most characters here are a waste. What's up with the rape scene anyways? What was the point of that? Didn't Marcellus just think "Hmmm... Butch got me into this whole situation, so maybe I should kill him for it!" No, Marcellus just lets him go, not realizing if it wasn't for Butch he would not have gotten raped. The restaraunt scene with Mia and Vincent drags on and on and is not funny, their dialogue is quite pointless and they bitch about shakes. Most scenes in this "story" is pointless.

In fact, there is no story. It's just a bunch of random scenes scrambled. Not "innovative" or inspired. It's not groundbreaking as people say. There is no point to scrambling it, it just seems like Tarantino did that so he can get the best screenplay Oscar and make people think he is genius! The movie is somewhat original but pointless and has no meaning to it. If someone can tell me what this is about, please do. Is it about 2 hitmen? Then why the hell is Butch there? Is it about Butch? Then what the hell is up with Vincent and Jules? This movie seems to have 2 stories in one yet never really interconnect until Butch meets Vincent, so really, it's a waste.

The dialogue is good, I'll admit that. Jules has some of the best lines ever ("Say what again mother fucker!") and is easily Sam Jackson's best role next to Mace Windu. John is also OK and well, it is a little funny at times. Other than that, the movie is just a scrambled mess that most people like because either a) the hype got to them or b) they think it's cool, or the rare c) they actually like it (which is rare). I used to like this movie but then I realized I liked it because other people did, and when I watched it again I realized it's not all that. It's a bad movie in my opinion.

I give this film a D +.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
New Server, Same X

I actually liked it, Star Wars. Trust me, when a movie gets hyped up and sets the highest of expectations, I usually end up hating the movie. Napolean Dynamite is an example, and Shrek was a good movie, but nothing compared to what people made it out to be. Same for My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:22 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I actually liked it, Star Wars. Trust me, when a movie gets hyped up and sets the highest of expectations, I usually end up hating the movie. Napolean Dynamite is an example, and Shrek was a good movie, but nothing compared to what people made it out to be. Same for My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Oh I know some people truly liked it, that's why I put C there, but most of the people I know who liked it liked it because it was popular.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Award Winning Bastard

I couldn't get anybody to go see it with me for some reason, and it was the first time that I ever went to see a movie by myself. I skipped movies in the past if I couldn't get somebody to go, but Pulp Fiction changed that, and now, it doesn't matter to me if I go by myself, and I sometimes even prefer to.

I absolutely loved it, and was in tears from laughing at the scene with Christopher Walken and the scene with "the gimp". Samuel L. Jackson was the best thing about the film, and he should have won an Oscar, the film deserved best picture, even over Shawshank Redemption, True Lies, Lion King, Forrest Gump and whatever else came out that year. QT also deserved best director, but it was Zemeckis's turn.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:47 pm
Extraordinary

This is a top 20 film for me, with perhaps the best dialogue ever put in a script. Samuel L. Jackson gave one of the best performances in the history of cinema, and didn't even get a nomination. (if my failing memory serves me right)

Wow... if that was true, I'd go crazy. Well, I searched on Google and Jackson rightfully got a nomination but lost to Martin Laudau, who was good and all but Sam Jackson deserved that Oscar... *sigh*

Pulp Fiction has incredible replay value. Its a shame that most of my generation hasn't even heard of it...

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:54 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Wow... if that was true, I'd go crazy. Well, I searched on Google and Jackson rightfully got a nomination but lost to Martin Laudau, who was good and all but Sam Jackson deserved that Oscar... *sigh*

Pulp Fiction has incredible replay value. Its a shame that most of my generation hasn't even heard of it...

That's right, it must have been Travolta who didn't get a nomination. I seem to remember that he had a big party planned that had to be cancelled when the nominations were announced. (unless my failing memory is up to no good again)

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:57 pm
Indiana Jones IV

publicenemy#1 wrote:

That's right, it must have been Travolta who didn't get a nomination. I seem to remember that he had a big party planned that had to be cancelled when the nominations were announced. (unless my failing memory is up to no good again)

John got a nomination.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Shit. :lol: I can't remember, but somebody got screwed by the Oscars one of those years.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:59 pm
Extraordinary

publicenemy#1 wrote:

http://www.filmsite.org/aa94.html Heh.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:59 pm
I'm Batman

I didn't like it has much as Kill Bill but it still was great. Travolta and Jackson had great chemistry, Willis was great in his tough-guy boxer role, and everyone else played their roles to perfection. So what did you think was in the briefcase?

A

Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:28 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I didn't like it has much as Kill Bill but it still was great. Travolta and Jackson had great chemistry, Willis was great in his tough-guy boxer role, and everyone else played their roles to perfection. So what did you think was in the briefcase?

A

Gold obviously.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
You must have big rats

I rewatched Jackie Brown recently and as of now Pulp Fiction still stands as my least favorite Tarantino flick.

Still good enough for a B.

Reservoir Dogs is somewhat superior, but Jackie Brown and Kill Bill (as one movie) are in a completely different league, in my opinion.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

A
It's one of those film in the blank kind of things, it's whatever you wanted it to be.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:23 am
Devil's Advocate

FINALLY got around to seeing this movie...

A

Um, yeah. Basically what everyone else said, a.k.a. it crosses the border of awesome. This is probably the most badass and coolest movie that I've ever seen. Jackson...wow. Definitly a career best for him, as well as for Travolta. Samuel took it to a whole new level though, he really knocked the lights out. Favorite Tarantino flick for sure, and it probably vaults into my top 50 all-time or so.

Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:04 am
Indiana Jones IV

I just watched this movie, and I think its and A. I really loved Jules in this movie, every scene in him just made me laugh. I loved the chemistry between him and Travolta. But I did not understand exactly the moral of the story and how exactly Butch and Jules/Travolta were connected. I know that Butch killed him...why, I don't know. But how did Marcellus know Butch? I had a friend over while watching it so I might have missed something. But I loved the dialouge. The last scene was amazing, with the Ezekial quote. Great shit. Probably will watch again.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I just watched this movie, and I think its and A. I really loved Jules in this movie, every scene in him just made me laugh. I loved the chemistry between him and Travolta. But I did not understand exactly the moral of the story and how exactly Butch and Jules/Travolta were connected. I know that Butch killed him...why, I don't know. But how did Marcellus know Butch? I had a friend over while watching it so I might have missed something. But I loved the dialouge. The last scene was amazing, with the Ezekial quote. Great ####. Probably will watch again.

Like with any Hitman or Mob Boss like Marcellus Wallace was, he had his connections and Willis was one of them..

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:02 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Yeah!!! this is my favorite film of all time, I thought it was perfect in evey way, an exquisite film.

A+

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:10 am
On autopilot for the summer

The case is ambiguous but the most popular ones are:

Val Kilmer's Elvis Jacket from True Romance
Marcellus Wallace's Soul
A shitload of cocaine that gives a holy glow.

What to say about Pulp Fiction. Im a big Tarantino Fan, I love Resevoir Dogs, Kill Bill I and II, Sin City (More Robert Rodriguez though) True Romance and From Dusk til Dawn. I like Jackie Brown, and hate Natural Born Killers.

I think Pulp Fiction might be in my top 5 films of all time that have really hit a mark wth me. Everything is great for me, the acting, soundtrack, directing, storyline, violence. Its basically the Seinfeld of Movies.

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. The Shawshank Redemption
3. Memento
4. Pulp Fiction

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:15 am
Team Kris

Amer wrote:
I just watched this movie, and I think its and A. I really loved Jules in this movie, every scene in him just made me laugh. I loved the chemistry between him and Travolta. But I did not understand exactly the moral of the story and how exactly Butch and Jules/Travolta were connected. I know that Butch killed him...why, I don't know. But how did Marcellus know Butch? I had a friend over while watching it so I might have missed something. But I loved the dialouge. The last scene was amazing, with the Ezekial quote. Great ####. Probably will watch again.

Like with any Hitman or Mob Boss like Marcellus Wallace was, he had his connections and Willis was one of them..

Yup. Marcellus Wallace pretty much controls all illegal activity in the movie. He uses Butch for fixing a boxing match. He uses Jules and Vincent as his henchmen doing his dirty deeds, like killing dumb kids. Butch and Vincent met at the bar, after Marcellus told Butch what to do in his boxing match. Vincent obviously knew about Butch and called him "Palooka."

When Vincent was buying heroin from Lance, he mentioned some asshole fucked up his car in the parking lot. We are to assume Butch did that since Vincent called him a washed-up boxer.

Now, Butch obviously did not throw the fight. So Marcellus sent Vincent over to Butch's apartment to take care of him. Of course, Vincent had the misfortune of using the bathroom and leaving his gun on the counter...

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:12 pm
On autopilot for the summer

MIAMI_BKB wrote:
Amer wrote:

Yup. Marcellus Wallace pretty much controls all illegal activity in the movie. He uses Butch for fixing a boxing match. He uses Jules and Vincent as his henchmen doing his dirty deeds, like killing dumb kids. Butch and Vincent met at the bar, after Marcellus told Butch what to do in his boxing match. Vincent obviously knew about Butch and called him "Palooka."

When Vincent was buying heroin from Lance, he mentioned some asshole fucked up his car in the parking lot. We are to assume Butch did that since Vincent called him a washed-up boxer.

Now, Butch obviously did not throw the fight. So Marcellus sent Vincent over to Butch's apartment to take care of him. Of course, Vincent had the misfortune of using the bathroom and leaving his gun on the counter...

I never looked at Butch fuckin up Vincent's car. Good pick up, that makes sense, I always figured it was just some dick.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:19 pm
Extraordinary

The best film Tarantino has made, and the only one he has made that is great, i loved it, imo the third best film of 1994(behind forrestgump and shawshank).

****/****( A )

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Today I went and bought this movie and watched it and its a great movie, in my top 15 of all time. A+...At first I didnt know what exactly to think I was kind of like what? But know I see this movie is great...Jules is a playa.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Sbil

A truly stunning motion picture that was released in a stunning year (1994) for films. A

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next