Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Running Man 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Running Man 
Keeping it Light

Post The Running Man

Quote:
The Running Man is a 1987 American dystopian action film directed by Paul Michael Glaser and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, MarĂ­a Conchita Alonso, Richard Dawson, Yaphet Kotto, and Jesse Ventura. The film is set in a dystopian United States between 2017 and 2019, featuring a television show where convicted criminal "runners" must escape death at the hands of professional killers. It is very loosely based on the 1982 novel of the same title written by Stephen King and published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman.

The Running Man was a moderate box office success in the United States, grossing $38 million on its $27 million budget, but opened to mixed reviews from critics. A new movie adaptation of the novel, announced in early 2021, is in development at Paramount Pictures, with Edgar Wright directing and Michael Bacall writing the script.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm
Keeping it Light

Post Re: The Running Man
This was one of my favorite films growing up, loved the story, futuristic setting and characters at that time. Just rewatched it since I was young and it's hard to capture that same feeling when watching this as a kid. But I still really enjoy it, there's striking elements in it, the score, which I didn't remember so vividly before is great, and Arnold is well cast and a great lead. He embodies that physicality, and also has this charismatic and light nature that make this a very good watch. Richard Dawson is also very good as the game show host, and while the future setting feels more campy than sci-fi now, the whole production gives nostalgic vibes instead. And as far a script and art direction goes it's put together well too. It's not quite as engrossing as for example Demolition Man, but still very solid in it's own right.

B+

Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]