Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Challengers 

What grade do you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Challengers 
Devil's Advocate

Post Challengers

Quote:
Challengers is a 2024 American romantic sports drama film directed by Luca Guadagnino from a screenplay by Justin Kuritzkes. It follows a professional tennis champion (Mike Faist) who plots a comeback with the help of his wife (Zendaya), a former tennis prodigy who retired after an injury, as he goes up against another player (Josh O'Connor), who also happens to be his former best friend and wife's former lover

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:46 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Challengers
Thought this was great. Not perfect but the last 10 minutes in particular are electrifying. Josh O Connor I felt gave the best performance but all the leads are great.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 am
The Kramer

Post Re: Challengers
No matter how else you feel about the movie, it is worth seeing in theater just for the music. Reznor and Ross really outdid themselves on this one.

For me, luckily, the rest of the movie was fantastic too! Very tense, great acting that brings out the character's juicy flaws, lots of sex (though the 3some scene doesn't go very far beyond what you see in the trailer) and some very creatively filmed scenes during the final set. The ending was a put off at first, but then I realized that it didn't really matter who won. The important thing was that, at least in this moment, these two decided they weren't gonna let a girl divide them anymore.

I'll give Challengers a 9/10.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]