Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Unfaithful 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Unfaithful 
College Boy Z

Post Unfaithful
Unfaithful

Quote:
Unfaithful is a 2002 American erotic drama film directed by Adrian Lyne and starring Richard Gere, Diane Lane and Olivier Martinez. It was adapted by Alvin Sargent and William Broyles Jr. from the French film The Unfaithful Wife (1968) (La Femme infidèle) by the noted director Claude Chabrol. It tells about a couple living in suburban New York City whose marriage goes dangerously awry when the wife indulges in an adulterous fling with a stranger she encounters by chance in Manhattan.

The production was unusual for its demanding and extended sex scenes shot through smoke. Lyne shot a total of five endings, based on his experience with the controversial content of Fatal Attraction.

Unfaithful grossed $52 million in North America and a total of $119 million worldwide. Despite mixed to negative reviews overall, Lane received much praise for her performance. She won awards for best actress from the National Society of Film Critics and New York Film Critics, and was nominated for a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for Best Actress.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:15 pm
You must have big rats

It is a decent, even though somewhat predictable drama with nothing outstanding, but Diane Lane who is giving the best performance of her acreer in this movie, absolutely worthy of an Oscar. The rest of the cast pales in comparison to her.

Last edited by Dr. Lecter on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

I've been wanting to bump this up for a while but didn't want to look for it, lol.

I actually thought that while it didn't add anything new to the genre, it was very well done. The mood...everthing. Diane Lane...wow. This is what great acting is about :)

I didn't really understand why she'd go for Olivier's character, I found him kind of annoying, but other than that I really liked it. Great way to end it, too.

A-

Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

A decent movie with a wonderful performance by Diane Lane. B

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:21 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Fri May 06, 2005 7:57 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

It's been almost a year since I saw this one and when I first saw it, I thought it was good but not great. Now I'm much more mature and I love this film. Diane Lane is absolutely stunning in the film, her acting is amazing and she is beautiful. Richard Gere was equally amazing. I'm glad that Diane Lane was nominated for an Oscar, even though she didn't win. The story isn't the greatest thing in the world but what happens with the story is just great. I also need to say that this movie has some of the hottest sex scenes I've ever seen on screen :shock:

10/10 (A+)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Veteran

I liked it until the focus shifts to Richard Gere and his actions. I thought it was far scarier than the cartoonish Fatal Attraction because the repurcussions felt much more real here. Diane Lane was fantastic and worthy of her nomination. She is more beautiful now than ever before. My grade: C+.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Terrible, terrible, superficial, regressive, and dumb discussion on marital infidelity. I'm pretty sure the money for production of this one came out of some very religious pockets. If the eye strays there will be hell to pay, right? Screw why the eye would have strayed in the first place, or, as far as unfaithful goes, and REAL emotional development. God when the little kid pees himself I wanted to smack him. Every character was so flat, and the fallout of the event had to happen in the form of a crime to have any significance, since apparently that's what would make the event important. And it pretty hard for me to even say it was well acted. There was not one redeeming quality to this movie.

D

Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:34 pm
Romosexual!

i liked all of Diane Lane scenes. :twisted: i could careless about the other characters.
i liked the whole 'hot older married woman getting it on with sexy younger man' deal. :D

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:07 pm
Extraordinary

B
i liked the whole 'hot older married woman getting it on with sexy younger man' deal. :D

Yeah, except for "The moral of the story" is that hot older women should never sleep with sexy younger man because it will reult, *surprise* in the deterioration of the domestic space, the you know, murder by passion.

You guys ever seen "Divorce Italian Style"? It's a hilarious movie about a man who wants to leave his wife, but can't (because it's a Catholic country). He finds this old law that says its ok to kill your wife if she's found in the arms of another. Its considered a crime of passion. So he proceeds to try and set his wife up with someone for the whole movie, but she loves him so much she won't even look at someone else (for 3/4 of it). :lol: See, now thats a funny way about talking about marital woes and affairs, and is far more insightful than Unfaithful. Which is a conservative piece of crap. :mad:

Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife... yadda yadda yadda

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]