Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Hills Have Eyes 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
C 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
D 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
F 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

The Hills Have Eyes 2 

Post The Hills Have Eyes 2
The Hills Have Eyes 2

Quote:
The Hills Have Eyes 2 is the 2007 American horror film sequel to the 2006 remake of the 1977 horror film The Hills Have Eyes. The film follows several heroic, but troubled, U.S. National Guardsmen as they fight for survival against the mutant people living in a military base in New Mexico. The Hills Have Eyes 2 was directed by German film director Martin Weisz and written by father and son team Wes and Jonathan Craven.

A graphic novel titled The Hills Have Eyes: The Beginning was published by Fox Atomic Comics to accompany the release of the film; it was released July 3, 2007.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It's boring. Imagine the first 45 minutes of Aja's Hills, but with interchangable, unlikeable characters, mutants that you can't tell apart, and completely laughable dialogue. "Cocksucking motherfucking sons-a-bitches" is Wes Craven's sophisticated military lingo.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:40 pm
Sbil

I saw an ad for this movie that said something along the lines of "Some critics cited the original film for its disturbing, graphic violence. The Hills Have Eyes 2 has even more!"

I cannot think of a movie I have wanted to see less.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:40 pm
Kypade

I saw it because the first was so good, but it really does kinda suck. It's like this new director threw out all that the last one did right and decided to make it as over-the-top and unlikable as possible.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:43 pm
Indiana Jones IV

My thoughts: A sloppy, terribly made film and a waste of the free ticket. Trees everywhere are demanding their limbs back. This film received zero advanced screenings -- including genre coverage -- and now I know why.

Basically, this film is what The Hills Have Eyes 2 '85 is to The Hills Have Eyes '77 all over again. An unneeded mess... I didn't much care for the first remake, but this film somehow imparts it with a shimmering Hitchcockian glow by comparison. How so?

Problem 1: The script is completely inept. It's as if Craven and his son were in an accident at the paintball range one Sunday morning, and, as a result, were suffering temporary concussions while writing this. Even an intoxicated J. Carpenter came up with better material than this imploaded mess. Halloween 2, while by no means a masterpiece or even a good film, is miles better than this atrocity.

Problem 2: These characters are just dumb. I'm wondering how they even made it into The National Guard, let alone how they passed the training. A few of the lines given by these "thespians" are truly atrocious. I think we have a new rival for Freddy vs. Jason in the bad acting/unlikable character department; once again, we root for the villains and can't wait till the entourage is discarded.

If anything must be said, it's the following:

Bring back the dog! Whereas in the first sequel (in the original series) the event was just idiotic and illogical, it would have made this film better.

Bottom Line: A terrible film that is being blasted by everyone everywhere and with good reason. I don't watch "scary" (I say that loosely) horror for the gore though, so what do I know.

D-

Last edited by coolmoviedude999 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:30 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

No wonder Craven hasnt written a film since People Under the Stairs.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:46 am
Orphan

Trailers - 28 Weeks Later, Grindhouse, The Reaping

Film - I didn't hate it as much as others here because I went in with low expectations. Not nearly as good as Aja's film but I thought it had some decent qualities. It does drag way too much for a movie under 90 minutes. I did like the ending. The Cravens aren't very good writers though.

Grade: B- (Aja's film - A)

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:52 am
Orphan

I saw an ad for this movie that said something along the lines of "Some critics cited the original film for its disturbing, graphic violence. The Hills Have Eyes 2 has even more!"

Why do you come in here not having seen the movie just to bash it? You got mad at people for doing the same regarding Premonition.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:53 am
Indiana Jones IV

Libs wrote:

Why do you come in here not having seen the movie just to bash it? You got mad at people for doing the same regarding Premonition.

Maybe she had a "premonition" that this movie would be worse than the I Love Lucy spinoff. Wish she would have shot me a message with her augural skills sooner. I wouldn't have wasted the Friday night. :shades:

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:16 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

Joe wrote:
Libs wrote:

Maybe she had a "premonition" that this movie would be worse than the I Love Lucy spinoff. Wish she would have shot me a message with her augural skills sooner. I wouldn't have wasted the Friday night. :shades:

:lol:

You should have seen Dead Silence. It's a much better example of a horror movie.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:29 am
College Boy Z

It's not better than Aja's film, but I think it was a hell of a good time, to be honest. And it didn't drag a bit - it's kind of hard to drag with an 88-minute running time. The pace is quite fast. And the killing scenes are greeeeeat.

B+

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:06 am
Extraordinary

I'd love to know which film you watched. I wanted to doze off. I overheard someone on their way out of the theater, and he summed it up perfectly: "I kept expecting it to pick up ... and it didn't."

88 minutes felt like 130.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:16 am
Sbil

Libs wrote:

I got mad because someone else said "Only people who like crap will go see that"

Did I say anything remotely similiar to that in my post? No

You can feel free to not talk to me anymore, by the way. I'll stop replying to anything you say to make it easier.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:30 am

I think Im one of the few people on here that wasn't enthralled with the first. I mean, I would have given it a B, but hardly groundbreaking, (Yes the rape scene is fucking insane, but I need more than a rape scene to say its great)

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:53 am

I think Im one of the few people on here that wasn't enthralled with the first. I mean, I would have given it a B, but hardly groundbreaking, (Yes the rape scene is fucking insane, but I need more than a rape scene to say its great)

But that being said, I thought this looked at least on par with the first film, so I might check it out eventually.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:53 am
Christian's #1 Fan

Joe wrote:
Libs wrote:

I got mad because someone else said "Only people who like crap will go see that"

You can feel free to not talk to me anymore, by the way. I'll stop replying to anything you say to make it easier.

Feisty.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:10 pm
Orphan

Joe wrote:
Libs wrote:

You said that "I saw an ad for this movie that said something along the lines of "Some critics cited the original film for its disturbing, graphic violence. The Hills Have Eyes 2 has even more!"

I cannot think of a movie I have wanted to see less."

You criticized it without having seen it. That's the same thing. You're so very pretentious ("I'm Libs and I'm above crap like anything in the horror genre. Admire me for my sophistication. I'm so special.") :lol:

Don't mind me while I wish a cannibalistic mutant would end you so there would be one less pretentious, obnoxious person in this world.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:46 pm
College Boy Z

All we need now is for BKB to come into this thread and bitch about the rape scene in the film and we've got another fun Hills Have Eyes thread.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:52 pm
Orphan

All we need now is for BKB to come into this thread and bitch about the rape scene in the film and we've got another fun Hills Have Eyes thread.

:lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:53 pm
Squee

We can do it, we have the technology.

:glare:

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:55 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Don't mind me while I wish a cannibalistic mutant would end you so there would be one less pretentious, obnoxious person in this world.

????????? Joe insults are so unique. :wacko:

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:51 pm
Sbil

Joe wrote:

????????? Joe insults are so unique. :wacko:

Hahahaha I know right

As much as you bug the ever-living piss out of me, Joe, I have to say...I don't wish a cannibalistic mutant eats you.

That's just mean :cry:

Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:29 pm
Extraordinary

The rape in this film is pretty funny. "BABY!"

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:12 pm
Devil's Advocate

But that being said, I thought this looked at least on par with the first film, so I might check it out eventually.

Ditto for me. It was a stylishly directed version of the same movie that has been made 1000 times. Undeveloped random family takes a wrong turn, car breaks down, they stay the night and end up stalked by horrific creatures. Yawn.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:12 pm
problem?

Cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche. And absolutely no scary moments, but that's not really anything new. No movie is scary any more. The first half is pretty bad but it does pick up, thankfully. The only characters I cared about were Amber and Napoleon, so I'm glad they survived. Is it a good movie? No. Well made? Ehh, not really. It was a nice way to pass an hour and a half. But please, let there be no more continuation of this series.

C, bordering on a C-. It's closer to that really, so C-.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next