Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Old 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

Old 
Keeping it Light

Post Old

Quote:
Old is a 2021 American supernatural thriller film written, directed, and co-produced by M. Night Shyamalan, loosely based on the graphic novel Sandcastle by Pierre Oscar Levy and Frederik Peeters. The film's ensemble cast includes Gael García Bernal, Vicky Krieps, Eliza Scanlen, Thomasin McKenzie, Alex Wolff, Abbey Lee, Aaron Pierre, Rufus Sewell, Ken Leung, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Embeth Davidtz, Emun Elliott, and Kathleen Chalfant.

Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:10 am
Veteran

Post Re: Old
It was better then I thought. On par with ‘Devil’ and ‘Mr Glass’ in terms of quality. Mid-tier M. Night film.

B

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:31 pm
Superfreak

I admit I lost interest most of the way through so the ending is a bit of a blur.

Spoiler: show
Was the beach itself making them old or was it the drugs they were being given?

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:33 pm
Extraordinary

Excel wrote:
I admit I lost interest most of the way through so the ending is a bit of a blur.

Was the beach itself making them old or was it the drugs they were being given?

It was the beach. They found the beach aged people so it was used for research purposes on those who have conditions to speed up testing.

This was certainly a Shayamalan film lol. Certainly left an impression but a good one? Not really. Acting and dialogue felt off like some of his other work.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:11 pm
Hold the door!

Very entertaining film but the ending felt tacked on and not set up in any satisfying way. Lots of shock value but little depth.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:12 am
Wallflower

Honestly this kind of sucked. Horrible dialogue and bad performances (I'll chalk this up to the dialogue). It should have been rated R so we could at least get some gnarly body horror scenes. That might have been enough to salvage it. But instead we just get a lot of scenes with the camera panning away when anything intriguing is happening. A total missed opportunity.

I always used to get really annoyed by Shyamalan's cameos in his films. Came off as egotistical to me. It's been a while since it really bothered me though. Until now. His presence here is distracting and cringey.

I was looking forward to this but it's easily one of Shyamalan's worst films.

D+

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:09 am
The Kramer

Yikes.

M Night is about to be sent back to director jail for this one.

F

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:18 pm
The Kramer

I could tell right away that something was wrong. The writing, acting and cinematography made it feel like a student film. And it never got better. At home I could have at least escaped into my phone, but in the theater I was as trapped as the people on the beach.

How did the guy who got James McAvoy’s performance from Split let this slide? The entire film just felt so lazy. Like fuck it, we’re already on set, let’s just finish it and go home.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:23 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was bad but entertaining for at least the first hour - the second half definitely drags though as do the 12 endings. The performances are horrible and some of the scenes are unintentionally hilarious ("I need my calcium!"). C-

Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:25 am
Profile YIM
Indiana Jones IV

I liked it well enough. Didn’t quite stick the landing but overall felt like an intriguing Twilight Zone plot that kept me interested.
B

Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]