Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The Beatles Movies (2027) 
Extraordinary

Post The Beatles Movies (2027)
Sam Mendes has just signed on to partner with Sony and Apple Corps on FOUR theatrical movies, one on each Beatle. He’ll tell interconnected stories, one from each band member’s point of view

This is the first time Apple Corps and the Beatles themselves and their estates have granted access to their life story and music rights with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Sean Lennon and Olivia Harrison all giving the go ahead.

It's aiming for release in 2027.

There was a huge level of interest understandably in this and Mendes has been exploring it for a year but brought it to studios in Dec.

This will be MASSIVE. Between MJ and Beatles movies, we're bound to see some blockbuster grosses for the genre but this feels like a whole other level.

It's a big risk to have 4 different movies but could very well see them spread them out to every 3-6 months so wraps up with Paul or John.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/beatles-mo ... 235831317/

Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Beatles Movies (2027)
This is like a musical avengers lol.

Sounds very interesting.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:33 pm
Devil's Advocate

Feel like this is overthinking it. Can they release George and Ringo’s straight to streaming?

Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:43 pm
Extraordinary

Box office wise, the Yesterday (2019) movie made $73M domestic and $155M. They paid $10M for music rights and none of the family was involved though Boyle got approval from the families.

I feel there will be some big stars trying to get a role of one of the Beatles, especially John or Paul. Sam Mendes involvement will probably give it decent Oscar hopes as well.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Smart move would be to start with John Lennon in December 2026, George Harrison the following March, Ringo in summer and Paul in November.

Titles:

Come Together
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Octopus' Garden
Let It Be

Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:40 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Agree that they need to start and end with Paul and John.

As for grosses, have no idea but will have a stab for fun:

Come Together $120m
While My Guitar Gently Weeps $70m
Octopus' Garden $60m
Let It Be $150m

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:33 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

This is ridiculous. For a streaming movie, sure. Theatrical? Audiences don't care that much about Ringo and George Harrison. Lennon obviously he could have a solo biopic. McCartney... sure but it would have to focus a lot on Beatles.

What they really should do is just a Beatles biopic period, with whoever is playing McCartney as the lead, Lennon as second billed, and the other two are 3rd and 4th billed. And then someone can make an artsy Lennon movie as well. Ringo and George are not eventful or important enough as solo people outside of what they did with the band. They are pretty irrelevant these days as solo artists tbh.

They're majorly fucking up by doing this to cater to the massive egos of Starr and whoever owns the George Harrison estate. Someone needs to sit them down and say "sorry, you've always been second fiddle, and your ego bath of a movie will lose a lot of money and completely dillute the far more promising Beatles and Lennon biopics. Try with with Paramount+ instead."

I bet what happened is that when McCartney heard they were interested in making a movie focusing on John Lennon, he insisted he get his own biopic as well to agree to give them the rights to the Beatles music, and then Ringo and the Harrison estate also demanded their own biopics. Hubris and ego.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 am
Romosexual!

What if they are ALL GREAT and the actors end up getting multiple lead & supporting acting noms.
10 slots and they get 4 to 6 of them :funny:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:33 am
Veteran

I truly hope that they intertwine all four movies in a way that certain scenes are shared, possibly from the viewpoint of that film's musician. And of course using the same actors. Make it truly interconnected.

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]