Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Marvel vs DC Crossover: Is It Possible? 
The Kramer

Post Marvel vs DC Crossover: Is It Possible?
Hear me out: Both brands have faced embarassing bombs this year as their multiverse plans are going nowhere. James Gunn is the head of creative for DC and has already made movies for Marvel. Zaslav's business strategy seems to be "make as much money as possible right now and don't worry about the future because I'll probably be at a different company."

What if Disney just decides the problem isn't superhero films, it's that they do not own all the superheros? Then they wouldn't have to take anymore risks with low level heroes. They can make sure there isn't a Shazam 2 or Blue Beetle causing the audiences to be fatigued with their own filme. Nor would they have to pay $75M+ to bring Downey back if the Avengers can fight Batman in Secret Wars. Would it really be crazier than buying Fox?

The ultimate multiverse incursion - 100 years in the making!

Is it possible and if yes does it beat Endgame?

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:25 pm
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Marvel vs DC Crossover: Is It Possible?
Great idea, especially with the Gunn factor. Would be epic, but somehow would still flop with how superhero movies are right now?

Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:28 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I think it will eventually happen. Not right now because I think there will be a resurgence when Marvel put forward the X-Men/FF4 etc + when DC's Gunn universe hits - but there will surely be another (probably worse) slump afterwards and that is when they'll trigger this.

I think it would be huge (Endgame/Spidey NWH or TFA huge) as long as the big guns are in: Batman, Spiderman, Iron Man, Cap, Superman, Thor, WW and Hulk.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:52 pm
Extraordinary

I mean, this model worked well for Sony which was struggling with the Spider-man franchise and integrated with Disney on the MCU so it definitely is something that has a precedent. Sony was super smart to pull in Feige and it was one of the best things they've ever done and seems Spider-man and properties like Venom, Spider-verse are all still well received by audiences in that world (aside from Morbius).

I just think WB's inability to think long term might stop it from happening for a few years.

Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:00 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I dont think so, there might be a funny short crossover involving deadpool but not a serious fullblown one.

Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:15 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I mean, that would bring excitement back to the genre, even if for that one film. It'd be HUGE as well. Just don't get Zack Snyder to direct it.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]