Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 TAYLOR SWIFT | THE ERAS TOUR Concert Film $300M+ Club 
Extraordinary

Post Re: TAYLOR SWIFT | THE ERAS TOUR Concert Film $300M+ Club
More interesting tidbits trickling in from other articles:

Quote:
Some reasons why the Swifts went the AMC route, at least one distributor was thinking of a 2025 release, long after the live tour had ended, and the Swifts wanted it to play in theaters alongside the tour.

Universal Pictures is "extra-pissed." Not only was the studio considering picking up "Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour" for distribution, it's now had to move "The Exorcist: Believer" off its cool horror release date of Friday the 13th of October, to avoid getting crushed under Taylor's kitten heel.

Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/1383696/holly ... -millions/

LOL that a studio exec actually told the Swifts they'd love to release it in 2025?! :funny:

Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:33 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Exorswift would have been a thing. Uni has no one to blame but themselves. Also shame on them for putting Five Nights At Freddys on Peacock day and date.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:37 am
Veteran

Wow, out of her 57% cut, this could net Taylor $100M after taxes and profit sharing with her partners. I think she was on her way to billionaire status off of the concert tour alone. 2023 - Year of Taylor Swift.

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:52 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

lilmac wrote:
Wow, out of her 57% cut, this could net Taylor $100M after taxes and profit sharing with her partners. I think she was on her way to billionaire status off of the concert tour alone. 2023 - Year of Taylor Swift.

She is already a billionaire in terms of net worth because of her publishing catalogue. She would never sell it (not anytime soon at least) but if she wanted to she would easily find a buyer for $500M+.

Does that "count" when it comes to net worth calculations? It is an asset that she owns and could sell after all, not that different from a house or stocks. Justin Bieber sold his for $250M to get out of debt from cancelling numerous tours.

But she will probably reach billionaire status in cash alone after her tour is done and the concert film has been released everywhere.

Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:55 pm
Veteran

I would indeed count that as net worth, yes.

Agreed. She is raking in serious Scrooge McDuck cash this year.

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:08 pm
Extraordinary

Keyser (or anyone with the knowledge), any inkling of how much money is already in the bank here after the first 24 hours in terms of presales? What's the pace been post day 1?

Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:38 am
Profile WWW
Quality is a great business plan

O wrote:
Keyser (or anyone with the knowledge), any inkling of how much money is already in the bank here after the first 24 hours in terms of presales? What's the pace been post day 1?

1st week pace was extraordinary. Since then it has slowed down(duh). its has already sold crazy amount of tickets. There was an update that it has sold 65m+ worth of tickets and that is not just for OW. Even 2nd weekend sales are really strong.

I look at just 1 big MTC and there in $ value its ahead of Doctor Strange 2 final number!! Friday is constrained by number of shows but Saturdays has potential to be biggest single day of BO. Question is how well it does in final week. Let us wait and see. My prediction at this point is 50/90/70 kind of OW and so I predicted 210m in the game :-)

I used to be shawman.

Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:02 am
Extraordinary

Thanks! That type of Friday to Sat drop would be extraordinary!

Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:08 pm
Profile WWW

Not a $210M opening weekend :death:

She's the biggest music act in America ever. Beatles, Elvis, Sinatra and MJ can fight for second place.

Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:45 pm
Extraordinary

1989 TV is also looking to outdo the original in first weeks sales. Pretty insane. If her next album opens with more than Midnights lol

Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:56 pm

O wrote:
Thanks! That type of Friday to Sat drop would be extraordinary!

I meant Friday - 50m with limited shows balanced by inflated ticket prices.
Sat - 90m. This is where there are no constraints and we will see huge boost plus ATP is off the charts compared to normal saturday where matinee ticket prices are lower.
Sun - 70m. Its still so big but we are talking about fall weekend and so Sunday hold wont be as strong as summer/holidays.

I used to be shawman.

Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:13 pm

https://deadline.com/2023/09/taylor-swi ... 235545765/

I used to be shawman.

Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:27 pm
Devil's Advocate

I’m still a little bit skeptical.

Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:24 pm
Full Fledged Member

Barrabás wrote:

She's the biggest music act in America ever. Beatles, Elvis, Sinatra and MJ can fight for second place.

Maybe bigger than the first three, but no way is she a bigger star than MJ

Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:06 pm

Shack wrote:
I’m still a little bit skeptical.

what are you thinking at this point?

I used to be shawman.

Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:46 am

flip1 wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

Maybe bigger than the first three, but no way is she a bigger star than MJ

Globally agreed, in the US/Canada I honestly think it's getting to the point where it's debatable. And she's only in her early/mid 30s.

Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:12 am
now we know

She isn't bigger than The Beatles, Elvis, or Michael Jackson. She could be one day but she just hasn't been around long enough to do so yet. They are iconic musical greats. Taylor Swift is still too new right now. And if you ask anyone [with a brain] above 35, you'll get a unanimous response that MJ/E/TB are bigger. Just because Gen-Z shouts loudest doesn't mean they dictate fact.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Algren wrote:
She isn't bigger than The Beatles, Elvis, or Michael Jackson. She could be one day but she just hasn't been around long enough to do so yet. They are iconic musical greats. Taylor Swift is still too new right now. And if you ask anyone [with a brain] above 35, you'll get a unanimous response that MJ/E/TB are bigger. Just because Gen-Z shouts loudest doesn't mean they dictate fact.

:thumbsup:

'bigger than The Beatles, Elvis or MJ' :hahaha: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:25 am
The Kramer

Yeah the legacy is important. I'm always shocked when someone posts the billboard charts from the 60s. Sgt Peppers, possibly the most legendary album ever made, was outsold by not one, but two Monkees albums in the year it released. Obviously The Beatles won in the long run.

However, other things can't be ignored either. Like the fact that in between his peak and his death, Michael Jackson was a punchline for child molestion jokes.

I've always thought that, amongst artists who were big when I was alive, Eminem was the top crossover success as evidenced by the huge opening of 8 Mile. Well Eras is about to blow that out of the water. Elvis, MJ, Beatles never had anything like this to compare to, so only time will tell. But even in the 2020s, being a female artist is clearly a disadvantage since there's still a large amount of men who believe voluntarily listening to music made by girls will make them gay. So for her to have overcome that to even be in the same sentence as the Mount Rushmore of the music industry is to me more impressive than anything the others did.

Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:17 am
Extraordinary

If Eras is still the bestselling concert of all time in 40 years that's when the conversation changes.

The industry has changed but Thriller is still the best selling album of all time. It takes a long time after the fact to see true impact. Definitely not on Beatles level or close.

Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:02 pm
Profile WWW

I should've amended my post to say during their peaks. This feels like the biggest 'peak' of an artist ever. Financially it probably is for sure. But yes legacy is different, we have no idea if in 30 years people will still care about T Swift that much.

Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:30 pm
Extraordinary

$65m+ presales according to Deadline with a month left to go. This will likely be the most frontloaded presales maybe ever but with this figure it should for at least $120m for the first weekend, which is still insane. If it goes over Barbie wow

Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:22 pm
Extraordinary

1989 Taylor's version is coming out October 27, 2023. They announced today there will be 5 new songs from the vault.

The Eras movie is out October 13th but it's third weekend should be something. I can't not see some type of positive impact by having 1989 come back which will probably be bigger than all of the other Taylor Versions as it was a mega breakthrough album for her.

I could see a massive OW, big second weekend drop, then possibly amazing hold on weekend 3.

Think this could be very bad for Five Nights at Freddy's opening against that album release. It should recover over the weekend but feel like there's going to be an impact.

Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

First OW tracking is out. Looking at $100-125M as it's outpacing TLM but slightly below Barbie. It's still a few weeks out so promising to already have it at that level. Can only go up from there.

Tracking's also so fickle because Barbie was underindexed itself and way higher where tracking suggested it would be.

https://deadline.com/2023/09/taylor-swi ... /#comments

Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:35 pm
Profile WWW

O wrote:
First OW tracking is out. Looking at $100-125M as it's outpacing TLM but slightly below Barbie. It's still a few weeks out so promising to already have it at that level. Can only go up from there.

Tracking's also so fickle because Barbie was underindexed itself and way higher where tracking suggested it would be.

https://deadline.com/2023/09/taylor-swi ... /#comments

These numbers are interpretation of NRG's Awareness/Definite Interest/First Choice numbers. Eras has sold more tickets than Barbie did by its release date :-) At this point sales are really slow and next march probably wont be seen until final week or 10 days to release. Plus there is no marketing to build it up as well. We have to see how things go. This will be presales driven but how much presales it will end up we will have to wait to find out.

I used to be shawman.

Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next