Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Will Marvel make all the film’s currently scheduled? 
Hold the door!

Post Will Marvel make all the film’s currently scheduled?
With Guardians looking to do sub 300m domestic and The Marvels looking to mega flop, will Marvel even have Disney’s backing to continue the MCU to completion?

Only Captain America 4 has started filming after that.

I am feeling we will not be getting all the films but u sure which ones will be canceled

Wed May 03, 2023 8:00 am
now we know

Post Re: Will Marvel make all the film’s currently scheduled?
I'm sure they'll make all Phase Four films. As well as the new Deadpool. Based on the success of that (with Wolverine), decisions will need to be made.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed May 03, 2023 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Deadpool will be made for sure. That’s their next biggie as it will also have Wolverine and introduce the X-Men. Can’t see FF4 being delayed either.

From there Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars will happen but could be delayed (all the more likely due to the Majors issue).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed May 03, 2023 9:26 am
Devil's Advocate

If it's possible to pull the plug on Thunderbolts they should, Blade is safe as they won't be cancelling a black superhero movie.

Wed May 03, 2023 10:46 am
Romosexual!

everything will be made and released. they'll just delay the production & release dates obviously

Wed May 03, 2023 1:53 pm
Extraordinary

... it's not disaster mode yet. If Guardians and the Marvels does like sub-$500m WW then they should really focus on what is a priority.

Wed May 03, 2023 2:27 pm
Devil's Advocate

Honestly delay everything by 6 months. Give people a year off until the next MCU movie after Guardians 3.

Wed May 03, 2023 6:40 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

They should abandon the Kang Dynasty plan and go with Galactus as the big bad guy instead. Ant-Man 3 was horribly received and Jonathan Majors now has a ton of bad publicity and baggage attached. Just delete and start over. It's not like these movies are Shakespeare, I'm sure they can introduce a new villain and write this current storyline out of it. And getting a Fantastic Four film really right which has never happened before could be how they get out of this slump.

Wed May 03, 2023 6:58 pm
Extraordinary

I like the irony of X-men possibly rebooting comic book movies again like they did in 2000 to start the new craze.

People still like Venom, Spider-man, Joker, Iron Man, and the X-men so feel there's potential. Sony has some of the more fun Marvel properties too so overall % of superhero grosses could go up if Disney's goes down.

Also scrap most of the shows. They devalued big Marvel villains like Kingpin by throwing them briefly on a Disney+ TV show. For more cohesion, they'll need to go 90% in on theatrical for MCU.

Wed May 03, 2023 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Quality is a great business plan

Guardians seem to have strong word of mouth. Let us see if that helps with Marvels.

I used to be shawman.

Thu May 04, 2023 1:06 pm
The Kramer

Of course they will though I'm sure quite a few projects they haven't announced, mostly on the tv front, are gonna be in trouble .. And maybe Echo and Agatha too ... They'll probably focus more on giving us second seasons of shows that people do like rather than constantly introducing new people. Like why can't the Echo show become Hawkeye season 2?

The big thing they absolutely need to do is find a way to keep the budget down on Thunderbolts. Disney needs to be in a position where a $200M DOM / $500M WW gross is considered a good thing for Thunderbolts. It can't be a flop with those numbers like Quantumania was.

Thu May 04, 2023 2:22 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I still think Guardians will deliver $300m domestic when all is said and done. It’s the next MCU film that is a concern.

Fri May 05, 2023 7:53 am
now we know

Wow, I didn't realise that Vol. 2 grossed $389 million.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri May 05, 2023 8:21 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Disney perhaps already being overreactionary again: rumor is that Cap is no longer going to be called New World Order.

A less reputable, but still believable, rumor is that it will now be called Captain America: World War Hulk.

Ehhhh I'd really rather they save WWH for an Avengers movie. But using a famous Hulk storyline worked wonders in Ragnarok so maybe that is the way to go.

Fri May 05, 2023 1:19 pm
now we know

The MCU has failed Hulk. He's been turned into a shadow of what he should be. To do World War Hulk would require such a 180 that I just don't see how that's possible.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri May 05, 2023 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

New World Order is a terrible title for a number of reasons. Mixing CA and WWH together would also be silly. And to Algren's point, Hulk being so neutered makes a WWH movie so jarring it probably wont work.

For the record, the MCU has also failed Thor and perhaps Starlord too (since Infinity War)

Fri May 05, 2023 8:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, Blade is likely being pushed back. Marvel just announced it has shut down pre-production on it due to the WGA strike.

From the sounds of it, the studios and the writers are on different continents on their terms to reach a deal, so probably going to see a ton of films get delayed soon.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri May 05, 2023 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

For movies as scheduled? Probably, though I think they'll get spread out after this year.

All the Disney+ stuff though? No. I'm not sure how far along they are on some things or what was axed after Iger came back, but I think everything that's not already filming will get axed and cancelled. And Disney has a perfect out with the WGA strike (and a couple of more Guilds might strike too). They can blame that, we'll all pretend, but everyone will know it's because Disney+ is the worst thing to happen to both Marvel and Star Wars. The sooner both brands get back to less movies and less/none TV, the better.

Oh, and maybe hiring Rick & Morty writers wasn't the best idea. Adult Swim? Fine. Billion dollar movies?... I know picking from the Dan Harmon tree worked for them with the Russo Brothers, but look how they've turned out post Feige/Marvel. They're idiots.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun May 07, 2023 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jmart wrote:

Oh, and maybe hiring Rick & Morty writers wasn't the best idea. Adult Swim? Fine. Billion dollar movies?... I know picking from the Dan Harmon tree worked for them with the Russo Brothers, but look how they've turned out post Feige/Marvel. They're idiots.

Re: Russo Bros - thought exactly the same thing the other day when listening to them on the Smartless podcast. The MCU Committee direction worked wonders for them with the MCU films they made (absolutely love Infinity War and Winter Soldier) but they seem to be Netflix original directors at best and that's not a good thing.

Sun May 07, 2023 11:48 pm
Quality is a great business plan

Ultimately this thread was made too soon. I think Guardians is a strong come back. Make good movies and audience will be back. That said I am not optimistic about Marvels, Cap America 4 without Evans and Thunderbolt. Plus none of the directors have Gunn's talent as well.

On the other hand I am excited for Gunn's Superman Legacy. Potential for well made Supes movie is Huge. We have not had one since Superman 2.

I used to be shawman.

Mon May 08, 2023 12:05 am
Hold the door!

Keyser Söze wrote:
Ultimately this thread was made too soon. I think Guardians is a strong come back. Make good movies and audience will be back. That said I am not optimistic about Marvels, Cap America 4 without Evans and Thunderbolt. Plus none of the directors have Gunn's talent as well.

On the other hand I am excited for Gunn's Superman Legacy. Potential for well made Supes movie is Huge. We have not had one since Superman 2.

Dunno, with the writers strike especially anything is possible

Mon May 08, 2023 12:11 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

This is what irks me about these Snyder fans pissed off about Gunn. Like him or not, Gunn has delivered one of the greatest film trilogies of all time. They should be dancing in the streets that he's at the helm.

Mon May 08, 2023 12:40 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

This is what irks me about these Snyder fans pissed off about Gunn. Like him or not, Gunn has delivered one of the greatest film trilogies of all time. They should be dancing in the streets that he's at the helm.

Mon May 08, 2023 12:40 am
Hold the door!

Bump.

My guess is NO.

Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]