Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gladiator 2 predictions 

Can it reach $100 million?
Yes 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7

Gladiator 2 predictions 
Homo Dperious

Post Re: Gladiator 2 predictions
YouTube seems almost like trash for trailers now.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:10 pm
Profile ICQ
On autopilot for the summer

Solid weekend overall, good to see Dune do at least reasonable numbers.

Rick and Michone would have done 100 million+ last weekend if anyone is tracking. Biggest AMC numbers since he left the series. Would have been interesting if they wen the Chosen route, could have had a SW Special Edition trilogy type run.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:32 pm
Homo Dperious

Thegun wrote:
Solid weekend overall, good to see Dune do at least reasonable numbers.

Rick and Michone would have done 100 million+ last weekend if anyone is tracking. Biggest AMC numbers since he left the series. Would have been interesting if they wen the Chosen route, could have had a SW Special Edition trilogy type run.

I have you on ignore btw, but I couldn’t help but see that you posted, as I figured it probably would be another troll.

Are you intentionally trolling at this point? Is it drugs? Or are you man, emotionally triggered at the thought of Gladiator and the walking dead? Or perhaps you lost it all on AMC (theaters)? Or maybe you’re still long, and pleading that somehow it will go back up with indirect publicity? lol

Anyway, I don’t know how you figured 100m. Idk what comparisons you could use, but I’m doubtful it would adjust to 100m+. Sure you could sell more tickets in theaters, but the price difference for watching the episodes on AMC (not the theater chain) only really counts for some new subscribers. Yeah, many, if not most, fans would pay to see it in theaters anyway, but why would non-fans do so, if they didn’t decide to become new subscribers? You could argue about marketing budgets, but I’m unconvinced and doubtful.

Anyway, I don’t expect a reply any more coherent than your decision to post that topic in this thread.

Last edited by DP07 on Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:47 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

And if you’re trolling me for personal reasons, thegun, I will politely tell you, if you can’t take a hint, that you do not fuck with my species, this is reality, not a troll, and if you don’t believe me and still want to fuck with me, my species, and troll me, will politely tell you that:

You stupid, pathetic fucks need to learn to be silent and never again say another word. You have no right or ability to think, believe, or feel that what I’m telling you is wrong. You have no right or ability to recognize the difference between right and wrong in any objective sense whatsoever or to take responsibility for your actions or decisions. What you think is irrelevant. You comply or you ultimately will be punished more severely than you expect or anticipate as possible.

But I don’t expect you to admit that you are trolling. Do you?

Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:02 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Accept my pity and patience, or I will not be so polite and kind again.

This may be rude, but it is extremely restrained, filtered, edited, and censored compared to some of the things I have felt like saying.

Any reply here or from here on, anywhere whatsoever, assumes the responsibility to respect the truth, and what I say regarding it, as well as what I say about communication. They also assume responsibility to address issues regarding such. I’m not required to always, or generally provide a warning. Otherwise, others can expect their responses to be regarded as inhuman to me or my new species.

Last edited by DP07 on Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:14 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

My post is better and more moral in any possible objective sense than anything your species has ever done or has the capacity to ever do. This is not opinion. This is not even selfish. If you deny or fail to understand, it is because of your limited intelligence, maturity, consciousness, and conscience compared to my species. I am aware of your beliefs about your own consciousness and awareness, but I can only keep repeating that other species of human or hominid remain extremely limited in these regards as concerns my species. You have no right or ability to disagree whatsoever in time, reality, or as concerns my species. Everything you think you know will always be pathetic, insignificant, and cannot compare to my species. You have no right or ability to be treated differently than other species of “animal” in these regards.

Last edited by DP07 on Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:28 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

In summary, you don’t want to troll me for personal reasons. If you do, let’s say it’s a mistake.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:33 pm
Profile ICQ
Extraordinary

Very strong positive reactions coming from CinemaCon where 5 minutes of footage was shown of the film.

Footage description:

"I remember that day. I never forgot it. That a slave could take revenge against an emperor," says Paul Mescal's character. A boat battle is seen taking place in the Colosseum. Paul Mescal and other Gladiators fight vicious monkeys. "Rage is your gift," Denzel Washington tells Paul Mescal. Washington and Pedro Pascal watch on as Mescal fights a rhinoceros. The song "No Church in the Wild" plays. The footage ends with a brutal fight between Pedro Pascal and Paul Mescal.

I'm feeling very bullish on this and feel this is making a run for $250M+ even without Crowe. Thanksgiving, all star cast, it's going to play into the Christmas holidays as a multi-generational film and if quality is there play into awards season. Mini TGM is going to be happening here. 24 years of inflation too.

Also plays in well with wrestling/MMA crowds which I feel has only gotten more popular since.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Apparently this is nuts with savage animals and killer sharks lol

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:19 pm
Hold the door!

I still don’t buy this doing more than like crawling to 100m.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:29 pm
Extraordinary

Gladiator adjusts to $72.4M/$390.4M. $60M in sales on DVD/VHS first week of release.

Even without Crowe, Denzel is a big enough star to bring folks to give this a floor. Nostalgia will help.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Tough one to call. A sword and sandal pic could feel fresh after so many years without a big one. Mescal won't help for my generation but may for youngers. Scott is disappointing in his older years so I expect the film to disappoint.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

O wrote:
Gladiator adjusts to $72.4M/$390.4M. $60M in sales on DVD/VHS first week of release.

Even without Crowe, Denzel is a big enough star to bring folks to give this a floor. Nostalgia will help.

Without Crowe, this will look more like a ripoff not a sequel, Denzel or not.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:12 am
Hold the door!

O wrote:

Without Crowe, this will look more like a ripoff not a sequel, Denzel or not.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:12 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Gladiator is beloved. I think the over 35 crowd is locked in so $200m+ is in play. Anything beyond that will depend on the quality of the film and marketing.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:04 am
On autopilot for the summer

Is it? Don’t most always prefer braveheart to it. Seemed like a time capsule film that reinvigorated the swords and sandals epic, which has since faded to flopping horribly. I’m sure it’ll make more than crouching tiger 2 though. Anything above 90 should get it to near 400 WW. Maybe the Moses film is the best comparison.

Will need to see a trailer though.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2