Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 November 4-6 Predictions 

Which film will have a bigger wide expansion?
The Banshees of Inisherin 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Armageddon Time 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

November 4-6 Predictions 
Hold the door!

Post November 4-6 Predictions
One Piece Film: Red- 16
The Banshees of Inisherin- 4
Armageddon Time- 4

Low key first weekend of the holiday season

Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:23 am
now we know

Post Re: November 4-6 Predictions
I wonder if in general anime has just increased in popularity to the tune that any large Japanese import will do well. When One Piece Film: Gold came out five years ago it didn't even reach $500k, and Stampede did $1.3 million three years ago, but I feel with the recent anime successes, this one will do better, just not sure how much better.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:49 am
Profile WWW
now we know

zwackerm wrote:
Low key first weekend of the holiday season

It is a cliché, but it really feels like the calm before the storm.

I wonder which film will gross more, Halloween Ends or The Woman King. Even that being a showdown is quite embarrassing for Ends. It's currently $3.3 million behind, but it's making substantially more each day, though with it being after Halloween now will it drop off a cliff enough to ensure Viola Davis wins?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:33 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Lyle finally saw a good drop of 8% vs last week. Maybe it can get a good hold this weekend (finally).

Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Banshees does have a decent amount of hype coming in to the weekend. I dunno if it'll translate to money, but I think it's the only oscar film that has a chance of topping Everything Everywhere's gross.

I could be wrong, but feel like Americans prefer their anime to be more serious than what One Piece offers. It will do good, but not as well as Demon Slayer, Dragon Ball or JJK.

Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:26 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

To be fair... One Piece covers far more serious, mature themes than many other anime, but it also has more humor at the same time. It might be the biggest manga in history in Japan and worldwide, and while it's only recently been catching on more in the U.S. (after 1,000 episodes), I don't think it's there yet to post the numbers that the modern it franchises like Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen have done that are more relevant with teens/young adults thanks to the streaming era.

Matching or slightly beating the recent My Hero Academia films (which have oddly underperformed in the U.S. given its popularity here) is probably the goal.

(If all you guy go back and edit your predictions in the game I'm gonna be pissed!)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I really wish Weird Al would have gone to theaters. Not that I expect it would have done well, Walk Hard bombed hard with a similar concept. I just want to see it with an audience. And Roku Channel sucks and showed me a bunch of ads during the movie.

Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:37 pm
On autopilot for the summer

True, but weird Al is an icon and really good. Walk hard had really bad marketing and release date.

The top 10 included national treasure, Sweeney Todd, Charlie Wilson’s war, Juno, enchanted, the golden Compass, Alvin and the chipmunks, I am Legend, and PS I Love you. It definitely got lost in the shuffle.it would have done better maybe late summer, early fall.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:50 am
now we know

Algren wrote:
I wonder which film will gross more, Halloween Ends or The Woman King. Even that being a showdown is quite embarrassing for Ends. It's currently $3.3 million behind, but it's making substantially more each day, though with it being after Halloween now will it drop off a cliff enough to ensure Viola Davis wins?

With this weekend's theatre counts, this has been answered, lol. The Woman King will finish higher.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]