Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Can Will Smith Recover? 
Homo Dperious

Post Re: Can Will Smith Recover?
10 years.

Your responses are predictable on every level. I don’t care to explain. It’s your responsibility to understand, or ask thoughtful questions. If not, go to your happy place.

Don’t underestimate how serious I am. When I say you don’t challenge the truth whatsoever, I mean you don’t challenge the truth whatsoever. You may be right, I might act male more than identify as such, but it only makes me a better “man”. You fuck with me, you’re my bitch.

Besides bumping a thread or so, I’m not wasting my time on this anymore. I might get back to you in 10 years if Will Smith is at the Oscar again.

Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:26 pm
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

DP07 wrote:
10 years.

Your responses are predictable on every level. I don’t care to explain. It’s your responsibility to understand, or ask thoughtful questions. If not, go to your happy place.

Don’t underestimate how serious I am. When I say you don’t challenge the truth whatsoever, I mean you don’t challenge the truth whatsoever. You may be right, I might act male more than identify as such, but it only makes me a better “man”. You fuck with me, you’re my bitch.

Besides bumping a thread or so, I’m not wasting my time on this anymore. I might get back to you in 10 years if Will Smith is at the Oscar again.

I was just a little confused how your post connected to Smith slapping Rock. It felt like it could have been in the politics forum or something.

Personally I found Smith's slap to be apolitical for this time period. It was one of the only cultural events lately that doesn't have anything to do with identity politics groups like race, class, gender, sexual orientation, political ideology, etc. It seems driven by Smith's individual history of growing up with a wifebeating father making him feel like he has to be a protector, and then marrying an obviously complicated person in Jada. This type of individualism even if leading to a flawed act, is a unique and a glitch in the matrix in a time period where the media seems to actively be trying to divide and reduce people to things like their skin color, sexual orientation or political beliefs. Even to the hardcore identity politics pushers it was an unavoidable takeaway that Smith and Rock probably don't really have anything in common with each other despite both being black, male, straight, left wing, rich, actors/entertainers, nor should they be expected to any more than Cruise and Sandler or Travolta and Seinfeld or something.

Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:05 am
Romosexual!

Is it really a punishment if he can still get nominated & win Oscars :lol: but don't have to show up for the 4 hours ceremony #winning

Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:21 am
Veteran

Disagree with a lot of what’s here but really impressed with the work you put in to write this tome. :D

DP07 wrote:
He probably can’t because that would require your culture to admit that it’s morality is essentially worthless, irrational, nonsense. The only function of anything your civilization does is use up shortsighted, irrational, flawed, exploitative, parasitic, opportunities. Sure there is the excuse that someone else would do it, but everyone can try that excuse, so it doesn’t really change anything. Someone else would use fossil fuels simply because there was/is economic opportunity, but it’s circular if you expect anyone else to respect your superficial, unsustainable, minimally complete economic value. Only fools believe the US dollar has any long term value. Its only function, and the only reason it’s tolerated, is as a short-term placeholder, because it doesn’t make any sense to allow the global economy to completely collapse and rebuild. Its value is derived from fossil fuels and this is the reason the system is incapable of responding correctly or responsibility to these problems. It’s solutions are always problematic. It’s the nature of a parasite, it may evolve, but it is still fundamentally doing the same thing. You move from one set of contradictions to the next. You only truly change when you have no choice and run out of options. The system won’t address the fact that these problems continue if a financial/accounting system is an incoherent, almost meaningless mess. The only way to affect change is to force them to face reality. Energy is a reality, but only a temporary transient one from an economic perspective, and the same is true of the currency derived from it. Whether they are aware of it or not (almost certainly, as usual, not), the only solution is for them to lose all hope, options, and power for the future (or at least any future based on those decision making processes). The market and prices need to absorb and eliminate all the instability, entropy, irrationality, and unsustainable growth related to the economic and political model. Stock market bubbles can collapse rapidly, and the reason is that they depend on circular thinking that is at odds with reality and shatters against it as soon as it runs out of gullible investors. Regardless of the superficial appearance of the economic, political, financial, and accounting systems, they must be put under siege by reality. The long term consequences may not immediately be clear, apparent, or obvious, but that’s not relevant. What matters is that the incentives for bad decision making is reduced and eliminated. Immediately in necessary ways, but eventually more substantially and completely.

You rationalize your own efforts as progressive, but change happens despite you, you keep doubling down on the same bad assumptions like it’s 1652. You seem to think your religion is different or better than other “tribal” religions (even many secular people seem to believe this), but it just happens to be a more powerful religion from a region of the world that had the opportunity to begin the industrial revolution and colonize globally. And secular people may criticize religion, but they continue to repeat its bad assumptions, its cultural perceptive, its interests and values. You probably are incapable of admitting that you are fundamentally no different than other cultures, ideologies, or systems. The only difference may be that you have more power to make stupid decisions and cause more damage. I don’t think you can admit the complete and total failure, futility, and hopelessness of your civilization. Or the end of your species. I’m not sure if I should say it, but I don’t think you’re conscious. I don’t feel it or see any indication or sign of it. Not as I experience or understand it. I feel rather like I’m interacting with animals. You seem to go around as if in some sort of dreamlike state. And no matter how you try to “raise your consciousness”, or “awaken”, or be “aware”, or learn, or respond, or adjust, or suggest, and no matter what I say, it never seems to change. I don’t know how it’s possible to get through to you. I guess it takes a lot of time. I think it’s too difficult for you to deal with emotionally. You seem to always be immediately emotionally devastated if you get a glimpse of these things. Never mind facing it year after year, decade after decade. Usually you will reflexively deny if it’s possible. Unless I make it easy. And without explanation, I understand on a number of levels analytically, that the difference between us involves species divergence. Change will only happen when you are forced to accept that you don’t challenge the truth or anyone who understands it whatsoever. But again, you probably won’t even be aware that you were forced to accept it. I think that’s enough I’ll say goodbye to the forum for at least a while. Maybe forever. It doesn’t help with stress.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:12 pm
Homo Dperious

Work? I just suddenly wrote it in a few minutes. I mean I’ve been thinking about this stuff for a while, but I could do this every day. This is what I’m thinking when I’m wandering around the grocery store.

You can think what you want. You’re wrong.

Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:07 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran

DP07 wrote:
Work? I just suddenly wrote it in a few minutes. I mean I’ve been thinking about this stuff for a while, but I could do this every day. This is what I’m thinking when I’m wandering around the grocery store.

There's alot here in your response, all of it impressive (for different reasons). :-D

Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:15 pm
Devil's Advocate

Bright 2 his first big loss

Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:41 pm
Extraordinary

Will Smith has made his first appearance since the Oscar slap. It's a whopper but if Hollywood gives up on you why not try a change.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/23/will-smi ... cars-slap/

Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

lilmac wrote:
DP07 wrote:

There's alot here in your response, all of it impressive (for different reasons). :-D

Ok then.

Tue May 10, 2022 3:59 pm
Profile ICQ
The Kramer

Looks like the big one has dropped. Rumors say Disney is trying to replace him on Aladdin 2 with The Rock. That's atleast 20 million down the drain, probably more.

Fri May 13, 2022 3:03 am
Devil's Advocate

That's a no brainer if the Rock is down, but the boring move of them replacing him with Jamie Foxx is more likely imo

Fri May 13, 2022 6:49 am
Extraordinary

I think they should replace him with Chris Rock just because.

Fri May 13, 2022 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Barrabás wrote:
Ma'am this is a Wendy's movie forum

Just to be unambiguous about this. You can’t consider yourself not to be warned. Your species permanently and definitively lacks the maturity, intelligence, consciousness, or conscience of a small child of my species. Regardless of what you think you are aware of or what you think you know, I can guarantee from experience and your decisions that all of the knowledge, intelligence, consciousness, conscience, awareness, subtlety, interpretation, and meaning of your species lacks this sort of maturity. You seriously need to stop wasting my time. Don’t take advantage of my patience. You’re definitively unable to have an adult conversation with members of my species; with me now; or any other in the future. You never will be. Nothing you think you know even begins to qualify whatsoever.

So, I’m not really interested in what you think about my post, because I’m responding to unresolved topics, so there’s no coherent topic or conversation to stick to in the first place.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:14 am
Profile ICQ
Extraordinary

Jada's out with a book and said they've been separated since 2016 but not getting a divorce.

I do think Will Smith will eventually be able to recover as I think Jada releasing a book is going to win Will more sympathy with the public.

Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

He’ll recover to an extent thanks mainly to the fact that people now know what poison Jada is.

However - the whole thing has damaged Will’s reputation and turned him into more of a simp or cuk in people’s eyes. That wont be easy to completely shed especially if going for macho or romantic leads.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:23 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Marrying Jada Pinkett Smith and her failed acting career is the worst thing Will Smith ever did for himself. Their kids, polluted by her sociopath loser genes, are equally obnoxious and talentless.

I hope he ditches her forever and has a comeback with a (quality) MIB 4 movie.

Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:25 am
On autopilot for the summer

It’s been two years, he won an Oscar, and all he really did was lose Aladdin. I’m sure he’ll get blamed for the drop off of I am Legend 2 (that sequel will be about 15 years too late) but Bad Boys 4 and people seeing fun smith will get him back. Even Kevin Spacey is acting again. I honestly think Cruise’s meltdown in 05 will have had more of an impact. Rock got sold out shows as a result for the rest of his life.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:35 am
Devil's Advocate

He should come back as weird art movie version making movies like Shame.

Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:46 am
Begging Naked

Jonathan wrote:
Smith has already fallen off for the most part outside of name franchises (even with HBO Max, King Richard making under $15 million was pathetic), and this won't do him any favors. That said, as Flava'd noted, Tom Cruise's career path shows a way forward for him, one where he maybe scales back on the whole ""relatable"" social media image he had been making and maybe even leaning in to the fact that he's a giant rich weirdo.

I still think this is the move for him to take, at least after Bad Boys 4 opens. He's obviously very remorseful of The Slap with how he completely disappeared from the public eye right after and has been apologizing nonstop, and I think that's him thinking he can still get to where he was in the public eye, when that's not really something he can undo at this point, especially with everything now coming out about his and Jada's relationship. That said, I think audiences still have a giant soft spot for him, so if he were to let an interesting auteur give him a juicy role that maybe let him go darker or weirder than he's been willing to go before...I think audiences would enjoy that. Maybe he could get Jordan Peele on the phone?

Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

There's a ton of backlash in the comments/tweets across IG, X, FB, Youtube due to some of Jada's recent interviews as she promotes her book. You see in turn sprinklings of sympathy for Will Smith. Definitely noticing an upward trend in positive messages about Will (at the expense of Jada).

Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:10 pm
Extraordinary

I feel like 2026 would be a good year for Smith to be a part of ID4 3 (30th anniversary of the original). He wasn't in the second one but as the Fast franchise showed, a fresh approach can revitalize a franchise like it did post Tokyo Drift.

The IP itself is still really promising IMO. $389,681,935 in 2016 20 years after the original WITHOUT Smith in his most iconic role and at least 15 years too late after the heyday of popcorn blockbusters.

If Twisters 2 somehow pulls a surprise and audiences suddenly start liking those disaster type movies again, Smith should really consider rejoining the franchise.

ID4 I believe at one time was the biggest movie (or at worst #2) biggest movie worldwide. Lots of nostalgia globally still.

Also think aliens seems to be making a comeback in the public psyche with those alien mummies, hearings, Mars missions, etc. Feel a fun epic by then would have the public very open to seeing him return into the role with a lot of hype.

Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:04 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Didn’t smith die off screen testing a plane in the second, lol. God that film was a mess, and frustrating too because it had some really interesting ideas that went no where. It’s too bad they couldn’t merge World War Z 2 with I am Legend 2. The zombies are similar, Smith and Pitt are similar characters and it would be a cool team up movie. And since the zombie genre has cooled on tv, it does have potential. It definitely can’t be a man on his own film again.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2