Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Matrix Resurrections: What Went Wrong? 
now we know

Post Re: The Matrix Resurrections: What Went Wrong?
All what-ifs are invalid because it was a terrible movie. If they had made one of the quality of the original trilogy and if it didn't land on HBO Max then it could obviously have made $100m+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

O wrote:
Not sure if I agree on GOT but I see the point you were trying to make. I still feel like a flood of people will see the prequel coming out later this year. They hated season 8 but the IP is still monetizable.

The Matrix on the other hand is at least another decade away from another attempt/reboot.

You were right regarding GOT. While the brand is damaged to some extent - HotD is doing very well. Thankfully it's a good show so it has maintained the initial curious audiences (and subsequently built on them)

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:11 am
Extraordinary

MadGez wrote:
O wrote:
Not sure if I agree on GOT but I see the point you were trying to make. I still feel like a flood of people will see the prequel coming out later this year. They hated season 8 but the IP is still monetizable.

The Matrix on the other hand is at least another decade away from another attempt/reboot.

You were right regarding GOT. While the brand is damaged to some extent - HotD is doing very well. Thankfully it's a good show so it has maintained the initial curious audiences (and subsequently built on them)

I am enjoying it as well. It's a strong cast!

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

So WB just announced Matrix 5 is a go.

First installment without Lana or Lily Wachowski as directors. The Martian screenwriter Drew Goddard will handle filmmaking duties and will write and produce. Lana Wachowski is attached as an executive producer.

Most of the supporting cast is returning but nothing yet on Keanu / Moss. Understandably negotiating still.

I'm more excited about this. The last one was a box office disaster but with has potential to recover. Feels sort of like this will be a Batman Begins type transition if the quality is there. Will probably take another quality film to right the ship.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

I wish they'd do a film about the start of the AI war.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:05 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think it’s not a bad idea to see if this widely name recognized franchise can still be something. As mentioned above the timing is also good for AI relevance. No more Terminators though please.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:03 pm
The Kramer

The whole first half of Matrix 4 is Lana complaining about having to make a Matrix 4. Such a mess. Giving the franchise to people that actually want to be there should at least give us more interesting films.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:29 pm
The Incredible Hulk

I can't find any source that state "Most of the supporting cast is returning". I wish it's true though.

Anyway, I kinda hope the director is Danny Boyle, he directed the stage version of the Matrix and while I haven't see it, the reviews are all said it's mindblowing.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the fifth film.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:50 am
Extraordinary

pookpooi wrote:
I can't find any source that state "Most of the supporting cast is returning". I wish it's true though.

Anyway, I kinda hope the director is Danny Boyle, he directed the stage version of the Matrix and while I haven't see it, the reviews are all said it's mindblowing.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the fifth film.

I saw it in a Variety article. Sorry I misread this paragraph:

It’s not clear who from the “Matrix” universe — Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss have anchored all of the prior movies as Neo and Trinity, while Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Jonathan Groff, Neil Patrick Harris and Priyanka Chopra Jonas joined in the most recent iteration — will return.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/matr ... 235959174/

Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Who even is the supporting cast that you'd like to return? If Keanu doesn't come back the rest doesn't matter. Joe Pantoliano? Agent Smith? Who else is there? Like, nobody cares about Marcus Chong.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2