Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lightyear Predictions 
Hold the door!

Post Lightyear Predictions

Spinoff of Toy Story.

I think it looks ok, but Buzz Lightyear and friends are still hugely popular with Toy Story 4 out grossing 3. I think this will be able to open to 100m and potentially finish with over 300m if it's good.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:03 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: Lightyear Predictions
The animation looks great. Idk if this will work as a movie, feels more like a tv series but we'll see. Don't see this opening anywhere near TS3 or 4. If I had to guess maybe 60s.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:31 pm
100% That Bitch

Yeah this is gonna be huge

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:21 pm
Extraordinary

Will be massive. Space is so topical now and think the film could become a cultural zeitgeist and expand outside of its core audience as a family film.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

This should be a hit

Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:49 pm
Superfreak

huge

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:49 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

As a spin-off - over or under Minions?

$336m is the target.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:55 pm
Veteran

I didn’t realize this was a flagship Pixar movie.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:35 pm
Extraordinary

Adjusted Toy Story numbers based on 2019 figures:

Toy Story 3 $487,966,611
Toy Story 4 $440,663,324
Toy Story 1 $438,940,693
Toy Story 2 $437,624,247

All the TS movies are within 10.3% of each other and incredibly consistent. Depending on the pandemic, $300M+ is definitely possible.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Welp, Disney caved. Hard pass for me.

Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:58 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Rolling Thunder wrote:
Welp, Disney caved. Hard pass for me.

What does that mean?

Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:17 pm
Extraordinary

.... because they added back in a deleted gay kiss? Lolol ooooook then

Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:22 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Disney is approving a previously censored same-sex kiss in the movie after Pixar employees spoke out publicly about how Disney has censored a number of their films lately (at least since Onward). Turning Red's director also came out and said Tyler (a character in the film) had his backstory cut by Disney (the Pixar team still included enough detail where, while not obvious, is still pretty clear). And I know a lot of other Disney employees such as animators, writers, etc., have also spoke out publicly against the censorship lately too.

I don't see what the big deal is. Many Disney films, from the very beginning, feature kisses. The Little Mermaid, which I love, even features two kisses and a marriage between an adult and a minor. (Similar situation in Aladdin.) Almost all the Disney Princesses are between 14-16 while their love interests are adults. Have an issue with all kisses or none.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I just feel bad for all the children who will be sent directly to hell for watching this movie.

Do not pass God. Do not collect $200.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:29 am
Begging Naked

I will be shocked if that kiss is any longer than the lady kiss that no cared for in Rise of Skywalker. :lol:

Anyway this will probably be the biggest test for animated movies in theaters in the last two years. Sing 2 dropped 40% from its predecessor, but it is also gonna come really close to Secret Life of Pets 2's total gross despite coming out in a far harsher envorinment for family movies, and its legs over the last three months show that there are still families that are more than happy to go to the theater to see a movie if the movie is not on a streaming service they already own. Plus, this trailer has been played before like, every movie I've seen in the last 3-4 months, so Disney is definitely working overtime on awareness. Anything over $200 million would be a win for them, but I guess $300+ million is possible. Might depend on how Minions 2 does.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm not looking to debate the same-sex kiss but will say I'm disappointed Disney didn't stick to their guns keeping it out of the movie. So what if a negligible number of employees threaten to protest?

Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:16 am
Forum General

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I just feel bad for all the children who will be sent directly to hell for watching this movie.

Do not pass God. Do not collect $200.

I expect to be the minority opinion here but you know it's a parent's right to shield their children from indoctrination. It's a completely unnecessary scene for a kids movie.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:25 am
Extraordinary

A parent's right to shield children from showing there are gay people out there...? They'll find out eventually I think.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:31 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm not sure if having different groups of people in a movie is indoctrination. People aren't a belief or idea, are they?

I think I'd be a little more concerned (to where I may explain what's going on versus trying to ignore it), if I was a parent, about when characters act out aggressively toward others when they're upset/angry or if an adult is pursing an underage girl, both pretty common for Disney, in a kids movie rather than having two people showing affection no different (a simple kiss) than what you'd probably see at some point in public somewhere (or even at home with their parents). I see people holding hands in stores, and others kissing loves ones while dropping them off at work or something pretty regularly.

If there is something in a movie that makes parents uncomfortable having their kids see, then sure, don't let them watch it. But don't say they should or shouldn't be featuring this or that because you don't like it, etc. Pretty simple idea there that doesn't impact anyone else that way.

But saying "so what?" over any number of employees protesting how you're handing things is also a little... uncaring. A good employer listens to any number of problems from any number of employees and try to work something out together.

*Shrug*

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I appreciate the perspective and respecting my opinion even if you don't agree or understand it.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:10 pm
Hold the door!

Rolling Thunder, I think I share your morals. I would just make sure I have a conversation with my kids before I let them watch it rather than not let them watch it at all.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:59 pm
Forum General

zwackerm wrote:
Rolling Thunder, I think I share your morals. I would just make sure I have a conversation with my kids before I let them watch it rather than not let them watch it at all.

That's true, and probably a better approach. It does get exhausting trying to prescreen everything.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:10 pm
Superfreak

Meh. I do not think it is political at all to note that lgbtq people exist and many of them have children of their own. I don't see how it is "unnecessary" in a kids film. If it was like a full blown sex scene or something, that would be different :hahaha: if it is really just 2 adults in a relationship? The children of gay/lesbian couples watch these movies too. I don't think it is crazy to occasionally throw in a couple that resembles their parents.

Couples in film do not represent real life (obviously). If that is ever going to move into a more accurate portrayal, which it should of course, these kind of things need to happen. Regardless of political views, it is simply a part of human nature and it has been for a long, long time. Totally respect and understand the religious angle for some, but in that case, god would (obviously) be responsible for this long standing aspect of humanity. Cant imagine god would want something other than for people to be open and accepting of the very people god created.

Kids films often have adults which demonstrate MUCH worse behavior and parents do not complain, rather they simply advice their children that those kind of people exist and such is life. Not sure why this would be different.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:19 pm
The Kramer

Excel wrote:
If it was like a full blown sex scene or something
Pixar's next film - Scissors.

✂️✂️

Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:10 am
The Kramer

Also, Disney doesn't edit gay stuff out of movies for American conservatives. They do it to appease the Chinese and Russians, neither of whom will have this film released in their country. So it was probably an easy decision to counter some of the blowback to the Don't Say Gay bill.

Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next