Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 July 7-9 Predictions 

Is Indiana Jones an embarrassment
Yes 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Definitely 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Absolutely 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Of course 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2

July 7-9 Predictions 
Hold the door!

Post July 7-9 Predictions
Insidious- 22m
Joy Ride- 12m

I’ve heard Joy Ride is good but I’ve seen no marketing

Indiana Jones -55%

Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:07 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: July 7-9 Predictions
Insidious - 23
Joy Ride - 9.5

Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:43 am
Star Trek XI

I hope Joy Ride does well, I saw it at an advanced screening a month ago and loved it, it’s very funny and extremely heartfelt. All the leads are great and have amazing chemistry with each other.

Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:47 pm
Extraordinary

Can't believe the second weekend of July has a chance of an under $25M OW topping the chart. It's like a mid September weekend, not the one after July 4th weekend.

Here are the opener grosses over the last 10 years on this respective weekend:

2013 Grown Ups $41,508,572, Pacific Rim $37,285,325
2014 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes $72,611,427
2015 Minions $115,718,405
2016 The Secret Life of Pets $104,352,905
2017 Spider-Man: Homecoming $117,027,503
2018 Ant-Man and the Wasp $75,812,205
2019 Crawl $12,005,210, Stuber $8,225,384 - Flopped the second weekend of Spider-man
2020 Pandemic
2021 Black Widow $80,366,312
2022 Thor: Love and Thunder $144,165,107

Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

zwackerm wrote:
I’ve heard Joy Ride is good but I’ve seen no marketing

I've seen the marketing and you'll hate it, lol

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Be prepared that if Joy Ride underwhelms, as with Bros, America will be labelled misogynists and #AsianHaters.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

j_forest23 wrote:
I hope Joy Ride does well, I saw it at an advanced screening a month ago and loved it, it’s very funny and extremely heartfelt. All the leads are great and have amazing chemistry with each other.

looking forward to seeing it :D the trailer is hilarious

Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:57 pm
Star Trek XI

Rev wrote:
j_forest23 wrote:

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it! I didn’t think it was quite as funny as Bridesmaids or Girls Trip (both of which I looooooooved!) but I did laugh consistently throughout and found it even more heartfelt than the afroementioned films, and again the chemistry with all of the girls is so great that it all equals out!

There’s paid screenings tomorrow night and Wednesday night before the regular Thursday preview screenings which I love to see

Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:19 pm
Wallflower

Sound of Freedom is doing amazing everywhere I look. Many full showtimes on Monday and Tuesday. Surprisingly it's also 88% on Rotten Tomatoes with 8 reviews. I doubt it stays that well-reviewed but I'm sure the people that go see it will love it. Could be a sleeper hit.

I'll pass on that one myself. But I'll see Insidious. I expect it won't be any good though. Joy Ride seems great. Looking forward to that.

Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:49 am
Wallflower

Magic Mike wrote:
Sound of Freedom is doing amazing everywhere I look. Many full showtimes on Monday and Tuesday. Surprisingly it's also 88% on Rotten Tomatoes with 8 reviews. I doubt it stays that well-reviewed but I'm sure the people that go see it will love it. Could be a sleeper hit.

Article on Deadline says this already has 7.2 Million in pre-sales. That's more than Jesus Revolution had.

Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:30 pm
Romosexual!

j_forest23 wrote:
Rev wrote:
j_forest23 wrote:

There’s paid screenings tomorrow night and Wednesday night before the regular Thursday preview screenings which I love to see

Yup! :D I have A-List AMC subscription and I’m watching it tonight as part of 3 movies per week plan.

Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:37 pm
Extraordinary

Magic Mike wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:

Article on Deadline says this already has 7.2 Million in pre-sales. That's more than Jesus Revolution had.

Its up to 10mill now they say.
I've never heard about this movie until last week. It also stars Jim Caviezel, when was the last time he was in a hit?
Probably that Denzel movie Deja vu.

Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Audiences seem tired of long running franchises yet still are not willing to give original movies a chance. So I fear this will be a down weekend for the openers. Hopefully Spiderverse will reap the benefits

Insidious - $21M
Joy Ride - $6M
Indy -50%
Spiderverse -20%
Elemental -15%

Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:23 pm
Romosexual!

Rev wrote:
j_forest23 wrote:
Rev wrote:
j_forest23 wrote:

Yup! :D I have A-List AMC subscription and I’m watching it tonight as part of 3 movies per week plan.

Joy Ride is the funniest movie of 2023. :hahaha: Stephanie Hsu steals the movie :hahaha:

Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:58 pm
Wallflower

5+ Million Monday for Sound of Freedom.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:08 am
The Kramer

Magic Mike wrote:
What??

Judging by the title and release date I assumed it was some Maga shit, but nope, just some random Jim Cavizel action movie that has the plot of every Netflix original.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:14 am
Extraordinary

Just read the story background on this and it's pretty interesting. The movie has been done since 2018 and was under Fox which was then bought by Disney and there were several years of trying to get the distribution rights to release to theaters.

The distributor claims it already has $10M+ in presales. May be pretty frontloaded.

They used equity crowdfunding to raise $5M in funds to market the movie. A $5M first day start is pretty effective and just a $25M movie budget. Some movies with $50M+ budgets for marketing don't open with $5M.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Great numbers for Sound of Freedom. Great story about Pedo ring busting and saving children from these rings. Legs should be good.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:15 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:
What??

Judging by the title and release date I assumed it was some Maga shit, but nope, just some random Jim Cavizel action movie that has the plot of every Netflix original.

It's a Christian faith based thing and the child trafficking plot apparently appeals to QAnon types? I'm not sure. I've only read a little bit about the film but from what I read that seemed to be the angle the marketing outreach was playing.

Last edited by Barrabás on Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:08 am
Star Trek XI

Rev wrote:
Rev wrote:
j_forest23 wrote:
Rev wrote:
j_forest23 wrote:

Joy Ride is the funniest movie of 2023. :hahaha: Stephanie Hsu steals the movie :hahaha:

Yay so glad you loved it! The entire cast was great idk if I could pick a favorite but I did love Sherry Cola and I’m actually a few degrees of separation away from her (she’s my friends girlfriends friend-they went to acting school)

My whole audience laughed probably the hardest at the unexpected reveal at the end of the
Spoiler: show
musical number with the tattoo :funny: :funny: I really admire Stephanie Hsu for going there and
I was SHOCKED and didn’t see it coming at all :funny: , I remember the conversations about it earlier in the movie but totally forgot until the reveal.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:19 am
The Kramer

Barrabás wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:
What??

It's a Christian faith based thing and the child trafficking plot apparently appeals to QAnon types? I'm not sure. I've only read a little bit about the film but from what I read that seemed to be the angle the marketing outreach was playing.
Ah ok so I dug a little deeper and apparently some people have been buying up tons of tickets and giving them away for free on a website called angel.com.

Suddenly it all makes sense. :hahaha:

Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:01 am
Romosexual!

j_forest23 wrote:
Rev wrote:
Rev wrote:
j_forest23 wrote:
Rev wrote:
j_forest23 wrote:

Yay so glad you loved it! The entire cast was great idk if I could pick a favorite but I did love Sherry Cola and I’m actually a few degrees of separation away from her (she’s my friends girlfriends friend-they went to acting school)

My whole audience laughed probably the hardest at the unexpected reveal at the end of the
Spoiler: show
musical number with the tattoo :funny: :funny: I really admire Stephanie Hsu for going there and
I was SHOCKED and didn’t see it coming at all :funny: , I remember the conversations about it earlier in the movie but totally forgot until the reveal.

Yup! :funny: :funny: :funny: they set it up early, u forget and then BAM!!! hilarious reveal! :hahaha:
My theater were laughing along the whole time and then we all teared up at that one :tears: scene towards the end.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:59 am
Devil's Advocate

Happy to see another R rated comedy come out

Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:15 am
Wallflower

Barrabás wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:
What??

Yeah, Jim Caviezel was promoting it as a speaker at some QAnon-aligned political conference in Oklahoma. :sick: After the movie there's a QR code for people to go buy tickets to gift to others. :funny: I don't know how many people are actually in these sold seats. But they're certainly making money so the gimmick is working.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:49 pm
Veteran

MadGez wrote:
Great numbers for Sound of Freedom. Great story about Pedo ring busting and saving children from these rings. Legs should be good.

I'm looking forward to this one. There will always be naysayers and rumormongers but we Christians love us some James Caviezel. haha. I think it will chart in the top 10 for at least one week.

Hearing good things about Joy Ride as well.

I might see Dial of Destiny 1x more time.

I thought it was going to be a slow moviegoing weekend (for me personally) but it's shaping up to be a busy one.

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next