Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Mission Impossible 7 and 8 predictions 
Veteran

Post Re: Mission Impossible 7 and 8 predictions
O wrote:
I always think back to Disney (ABC)'s handling of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Season 1: Became the #1 show. They put it on 3 times per week and averaged 30 million viewers. Millionaire was the #1, #2 and #3 rating show of the 1999-2000 season.

Season 2: In 2000-2001, it was ranked #3, #4 and #8.

Season 3: In 2001-2002, ranked #33 and 49th (and night version was essentially cancelled).

So goes the story of the mouse house of cyclical oversaturation.

Those stock dividends don’t pay for themselves

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:02 pm
now we know

So let's say Part One finishes with $160-165m, what does Part Two do?

I don't want to get carried away like I did for Part One, but does it increase by default due to no "Barbenheimer" and it being the climax? or are we just setting ourselves up for another disappointment to expect it to reach, say, $180-200m?

I mean, it's not as if it has no competition in summer 2024. Two weeks prior it has Inside Out 2/Bad Boys 4 opening, and five days after it opens on 28th June it has Despicable Me 4. There's also an unknown Universal tentpole opening on 21st June. Considering how weak the M:I franchise has now been found out to be, maybe it will struggle unless it has weeks and weeks to itself. I also feel the stunt needs to be super impressive this time. There's also another feeling I have; maybe Maverick in 2022, Part One in 2023, and Part Two in 2024 is just ... too much Cruise? Not for me, but for the general public.

Ugh, I don't know. I just feel quite pessimistic about it since Dead Reckoning Part One underwhelmed. I also don't see people gagging to see the conclusion of the Dead Reckoning chapter. There was no cliffhanger. It will just be another M:I movie to many.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Part Two will increase (as long as they pick the right release date). But the increase will only be to about $200m at best.

Has it been confirmed that it will be the final MI film? or final Cruise MI film?

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:24 am
now we know

I'm not sure it's been explicitly said that it will be the final one / final one with Cruise, but the general feeling is that it will be. He is 61 now.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Wow, so it might not even reach 170m.

Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:47 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Algren wrote:
DP07 wrote:
Algren wrote:
Being excessively female doesn't help action movies. That's why I'd like to see less women. But as per usual in this pathetic woke world it's equal at four men and four women on the poster. Ugh.

Women can be more than fine in action movies. The “Underworld” and “Resident Evil” movies are better than the boring, generic shit you like.

He chooses females movies that made peanuts! :funny: :funny: :funny:
This is a box office discussion thread you tool. And FWIW I loved Underworld and its sequel. How about you direct this back towards the films and their box office and not at personal taste.

BTW, I should add that the expectations, experience, and perception of your species in regards to sex and gender is not relevant to my own new species. Everything you think you know or are aware of, is not applicable, or not applicable in the way you expect. For example, I certainly expect that in the future, the women of my species will easily be able to physically kill the men of your species most if not all of the time. You might as well try compare any set of very different species.

Anyway, obviously the films I was talking about were in reference to Hollywood, and generally the source material for “intellectual property”, most of which historically has had male protagonists. So of course, most big action movies have had male protagonists in that time. That existed generally before I was even born, and doesn’t directly reflect me or my own new species.

Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:02 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Barrabás wrote:
Katie Holmes beat his ass in the real life game of Mission Impossible getting their daughter out of that cult and walking away with millions, so it's completely appropriate he would be overshadowed by women in this film.

I guess someone should ask if the Aliens are in the “Church of Scientology’s” celebrity center.

Of course, you would have to consider my own new species “The Aliens”. No joke. We really are inhuman to each other. Your no different than any other animal species as far as I’m concerned, or my species is concerned for our future.

I’ll try to link an “Independence Day” clip later.

Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:08 am
Profile ICQ
Extraordinary

Seems like Mission Impossible's box office disappointment has led to a shift, Tom Cruise has signed a deal with WB to develop and produce original and franchise films for him to star.

He'll have offices on the WB lot. It won't be exclusive. He hasn't made a movie with WB since Edge of Tomorrow 10 years ago so interesting change. He's only made Universal and Paramount movies over the past decade.

WB seems to be picking up its game a fair bit.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/tom- ... 235866282/

Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Hopefully he has found a place to bring him back to that time when he was making original films like Vanilla Sky and Minority Report between franchise films like M:I-2. That's what Cruise fans have wanted for so long. Just hope he avoids anymore Mummy's.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yeah, I do hope he goes back to his early 00s days where he was on top form in original films: Vanilla Sky, Minority Report, Last Samurai, Collateral etc

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5