Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Mission Impossible 7 and 8 predictions 
Extraordinary

Post Mission Impossible 7 and 8 predictions
Was announced today that McQuarrie is making the next installments back to back.

I'm not sure if these will do more than Fallout but I guess we'll see if we get anyone else exciting in the cast. Hope they're both on par with the last 2!

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:46 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Post Re: Mission Impossible 7 and 8 predictions
Paramount still desperate for hits. They better focus on quality lest they have another Transformers situation on their hands, where they greedily tried to cash in as much as they could and ended up destroying their biggest franchise.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 pm
Extraordinary

Barrabás wrote:
Paramount still desperate for hits. They better focus on quality lest they have another Transformers situation on their hands, where they greedily tried to cash in as much as they could and ended up destroying their biggest franchise.

Very bad comparison as even the first Transformers movie isn't on the level with the best Mission Impossible Film. The second film was awful to which didn't help. They gave Michael Bay too much power.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

Very bad comparison as even the first Transformers movie isn't on the level with the best Mission Impossible Film. The second film was awful to which didn't help. They gave Michael Bay too much power.

The second M:I film also sucked lol.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:21 pm
Forum General

Yeah hopefully they don't drop the ball, because I absolutely loved Fallout and nothing would be more disappointing than them not being able to replicate that level of quality. Movies shooting back to back and coming out only a year apart don't have the best track records, but I do have faith in McQuarrie.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:39 am
Indiana Jones IV

I'm slightly disappointed because McQuarrie had been talking up his interest in doing a Star Trek film during MI:Fallout video release publicity. Oh well, maybe post-2022.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Barrabás wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

The second M:I film also sucked lol.

Yeah it did, but it was still better than Transformers 2 and besides the Transformers films have gotten worse (other than Bumblebee I guess) since that film. While the Mission Impossible films have gotten better.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

M:I7 - 800m - 1b WW
M:I8 - 900m - 1.1b WW

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:28 pm
Veteran

Tom Cruise is a beast! He alone is the reason why this franchise so so long lasting and successful. The F&F movies have that ensemble and even the Bond movies aren’t as reliant on their lead actor.

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:56 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

I was just thinking about MI vs. Bond and really outside of Skyfall (which seems to be an anomaly) - the MI franchise is slightly stronger and more consistent - definitely domestically anyway.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:08 pm
Extraordinary

Very good decision about filming back to back. More films should be done this way when they know they have a proven hitmaker. Reminds me of Star Trek when they should have just filmed the next 2 back to back instead of waiting 3 years to release the followup. Let's get it...

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:50 am
Extraordinary

Apparently MI7's budget has ballooned to $290 M to produce AFTER tax credits and not including marketing costs.

That's from filming stopping 7 times during the pandemic.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/miss ... 235173816/

Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Hype for 7 seems pretty big. Thinking it will increase from Fallout. How much is hard to tell since the franchise has never been HUGE.

Mon May 23, 2022 10:57 am
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:
the franchise has never been HUGE.

You definitively have to reconsider that claim... M:I 1 became the 16th biggest WW grosser of all-time back in 1996 and M:I 2 the 12th biggest WW grosser of all-time in 2000...

Mon May 23, 2022 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

mark66 wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

You definitively have to reconsider that claim... M:I 1 became the 16th biggest WW grosser of all-time back in 1996 and M:I 2 the 12th biggest WW grosser of all-time in 2000...

Adjusted for inflation this franchise is capable of 360m+ grosses, you're right. I do think a $140m+ jump in total seems optimistic since this is a sequel to Fallout and not some sort of nostalgia laden rebootquel

Mon May 23, 2022 1:07 pm
Romosexual!

zwackerm wrote:
mark66 wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Adjusted for inflation this franchise is capable of 360m+ grosses, you're right. I do think a $140m+ jump in total seems optimistic since this is a sequel to Fallout and not some sort of nostalgia laden rebootquel

These films are leggy :D
M:I 4.0 IM
M:I 2 3.7 IM
M:I 3 2.8 IM
M:I Ghost Protocol 5.0 IM (december)
M:I Rogue Nation 3.5 IM
M:I Fallout 3.6 IM

Check out the leggest films of all-time:
https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office- ... s/leggiest

Mon May 23, 2022 4:20 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Rev wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
mark66 wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

These films are leggy :D
M:I 4.0 IM
M:I 2 3.7 IM
M:I 3 2.8 IM
M:I Ghost Protocol 5.0 IM (december)
M:I Rogue Nation 3.5 IM
M:I Fallout 3.6 IM

Check out the leggest films of all-time:
https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office- ... s/leggiest

Funny because I recall reading in Variety back in 1996 about how film's were becoming more frontloaded and they cited MI's box office as evidence :funny:

Also - that Numbers list should really be based on the film's first wide opening weekend and not the films max weekend.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon May 23, 2022 10:51 pm
On autopilot for the summer

7 will probably do the normal numbers, maybe less but 8 really depends on the cliffhanger of 7. We’ve seen this happen too many times, but we’ll have to wait until the first to predict the second.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon May 23, 2022 11:54 pm
Superfreak

The last few of these have all had incredible reviews and advertising which ballooned expectations as release nears. Fallout had simply STUNNING trailers, EXCELLENT reviews and SUPERMAN as the villain. Only way this one really grows is if Cruise's post TOP GUN bump is bigger than anyone sees coming.

Tue May 24, 2022 12:59 am
Quality is a great business plan

its definitely will benefit from Top Gun BO. But it wont hit similar numbers. I am hoping for 250m and china growth to take it to 900m WW and finale bump taking it to 300m/1B WW numbers.

I used to be shawman.

Wed May 25, 2022 12:48 am
Extraordinary

I can't not see MI benefit in some way from TG doing $600M+. Even if there have been so many sequels, like Uncharted's halo after Spiderman for Holland it's bound to get some TG fans show up. All those people are also seeing the MI trailer.

Fallout made $220M. Feel one of these could push $350M+ with the added benefit of being end of the series and inflation.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:46 pm
Profile WWW

Definitely will see boost from TGM considering its another Cruise-McQuarie combo product. They could say from the writer of Top Gun Maverick in the marketing campaign. Plus if the movie as well received as Rogue Nation or Fallout, it will have a great run as well. I am hoping for 125m+ OW.

I used to be shawman.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:14 am
now we know

Keyser Söze wrote:
I am hoping for 250m and china growth to take it to 900m WW

I highly doubt it gets a release in China. What you guys need to understand here is that China is closing up shop to Western product, particularly U.S. movies. It's not just a Disney thing. There is no clear link between Disney committing an "offence" and their movies not getting approved for release (only opaque half-guesses). It's just a blanket ban on Western influence. What's happening in China now is a slow migration towards a North Korean level of foreign influence (i.e. zero). At the moment, things to do with military and espionage, etc. that are not pro-China will just not be allowed to screen inside the country. That's why all the Western movies currently in release are to do with wizards, treasure hunters, aristocratic Britain, etc., or they're apocalyptic blockbusters which are funded by Huayi Brothers or Tencent. They'll allow The Batman because it shows America as dystopian and dark and full of crime. That is the message the CCP wants to permeate around China. But they won't allow Marvel movies because they make America look like the cool kids; the most advanced country in the world with the biggest and best heroes. Which goes back around to Top Gun: Maverick and then the Mission: Impossible films. It's sad to see, but China is amidst a new cultural revolution. Xi Jinping idolizes Mao Zedong, and things will gradually get worse to the point where no foreign imports will be allowed at all.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Agreed Algren. It's immoral to release US films in China anyway, their human rights abuses are even worse than Russia. Time for Hollywood to forget about China.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:11 pm

Algren wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
I am hoping for 250m and china growth to take it to 900m WW

I highly doubt it gets a release in China. What you guys need to understand here is that China is closing up shop to Western product, particularly U.S. movies. It's not just a Disney thing. There is no clear link between Disney committing an "offence" and their movies not getting approved for release (only opaque half-guesses). It's just a blanket ban on Western influence. What's happening in China now is a slow migration towards a North Korean level of foreign influence (i.e. zero). At the moment, things to do with military and espionage, etc. that are not pro-China will just not be allowed to screen inside the country. That's why all the Western movies currently in release are to do with wizards, treasure hunters, aristocratic Britain, etc., or they're apocalyptic blockbusters which are funded by Huayi Brothers or Tencent. They'll allow The Batman because it shows America as dystopian and dark and full of crime. That is the message the CCP wants to permeate around China. But they won't allow Marvel movies because they make America look like the cool kids; the most advanced country in the world with the biggest and best heroes. Which goes back around to Top Gun: Maverick and then the Mission: Impossible films. It's sad to see, but China is amidst a new cultural revolution. Xi Jinping idolizes Mao Zedong, and things will gradually get worse to the point where no foreign imports will be allowed at all.

Definitely possible. Then 1B WW wont happen for MI movies unless we see a Top Gun kind of domestic breakout which is unlikely to happen.

I used to be shawman.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next