Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Black Panther 2 predictions 
Hold the door!

Post Re: Black Panther 2 predictions
I have a friendsgiving around the time this comes out so I have to wait until that is dated to buy tickets for our group.

It's the furthest out I think tix for a Marvel film have become available

Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:26 pm
Extraordinary

Mmm weaker presales than Love and Thunder is discouraging but I think not having NWH or MoM presales makes sense considering the cameo rumor frenzy those ones had.

Now if the movie is simply not strong then that'll be another story but I'm sure the opening will still be huge.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:03 pm
Quality is a great business plan

while the trailers/posters are fine, I find it weird that Disney's marketing strategy is keep up the black panther under wraps. Why would you not say who is playing the main lead/central character in the movie !!! Plus I think they made a mistake in not castin T'challa. How would you kill the main character after just 1 movie. Movie characters have to be more than just the actor. That is why we have had so many actors playing Batman and Spider-man etc.

I used to be shawman.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:32 pm
Devil's Advocate

I am feeling disappointment compared to the first. I think the female vibe isn't going to be as popular. No Kaluuya hurts. Avatar 2 may double this.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:42 pm
Romosexual!

IT LOOKS SOOO GOOOD! :D

got my tickets for the double feature of BP & BP2 on Thursday 11/10.
also bought tickets for my fam to see it on Saturday 11/12.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

210m+ OW
500m+ domestic

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:14 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I haven't received my ticket yet, Rev. Care to resend it?

It's going to be hard (perhaps impossible) to recapture the magic surrounding the original, so hopefully expectations aren't that high. In general, it feels like expectations are too high for the MCU now following Endgame/No Way Home. $400/500 million would be a big drop, but that's a hell of a gross regardless.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Corpse wrote:
I haven't received my ticket yet, Rev. Care to resend it?

I'm using 90's technology so give it a couple days ;)

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:44 pm
Romosexual!

With Disney's 45 day theatrical run, BP2 45th day is on Christmas Sunday :lol:
wondering if Disney will drop it on D+ that Tuesday or wait until after new years wknd.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:49 pm

Looking at cinemark data, its tad under 60% of Thor 4 OD presales. It generally tapers off after explosive start and so I am not expecting overall PS to be under 70% like for like. Let us see how things go as Thor had a shorter presales cycle where it did improve its ratio relative to DS2 in the final week. I expect BP2 to do something similar. But I am not feeling anything close to 200m. I think 150m is the target at this point.

I used to be shawman.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:16 pm
Romosexual!

Disney is treating Wakanda Forever like it's a Star Wars film :D
presales tickets available 5 WEEKS :shock: before it opens. They are 1000% confident in this film.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:22 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I like the new trailer.

I think it's still early and the audience will build for this over the coming weeks.

Yes, the loss of Chadwick's BP will be felt (and the shift to majority female protagonists will to some extent also) but it has both pros and cons that should balance out and allow it to get to around $475-525m which is still fantastic as it would beat out every other MCU film bar Avengers, Infinity War, Endgame, No Way Home and the original BP.

One must also consider that current MCU feels like its oversaturated (with TV also) and is on an overall downward trend outside of major event films - so I think this will be one of the larger grossers of the coming phases.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:54 pm
Extraordinary

MadGez wrote:
I like the new trailer.

I think it's still early and the audience will build for this over the coming weeks.

Yes, the loss of Chadwick's BP will be felt (and the shift to majority female protagonists will to some extent also) but it has both pros and cons that should balance out and allow it to get to around $475-525m which is still fantastic as it would beat out every other MCU film bar Avengers, Infinity War, Endgame, No Way Home and the original BP.

One must also consider that current MCU feels like its oversaturated (with TV also) and is on an overall downward trend outside of major event films - so I think this will be one of the larger grossers of the coming phases.

I could see BP get to that range by the end of Thanksgiving. Definitely see ALOT more total wise.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Keyser Söze wrote:
Why would you not say who is playing the main lead/central character in the movie !!!

I think it's pretty obvious who's playing the lead character.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:27 pm
Profile WWW

After few days of presales my prediction is 160/390m. MCU these days are insanely frontloaded due to its mature fan base. At best I can see 170/430 kind of run.

I used to be shawman.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:12 am
Extraordinary

The first BP felt like it had a run very different from the typical MCU movies. People were renting out movie theaters for it. Group and school screenings were big. I would be shocked if BP is close to Dr. Strange's total.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:36 am
Profile WWW

O wrote:
The first BP felt like it had a run very different from the typical MCU movies. People were renting out movie theaters for it. Group and school screenings were big. I would be shocked if BP is close to Dr. Strange's total.

1st BP movie exploded out of the block in presales as well. OD presales actually crushed Civil War and overall Presales by opening was 4th biggest of all time only behind 3 SW movies (SW7/8 and RO). This is already behind Thor which was way behind Dr Strange. So seems way lower tier compared to last one. Absence of Chadwick is making this play almost like a spin off than a direct sequel.

I used to be shawman.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:01 pm
Extraordinary

BP tracking at $175M already. Bodes well considering reviews, wom and marketing build up haven't even ramped up yet.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/blac ... 235409682/

Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Rihanna hasn't made new music for 6 years but was announced for the Superbowl half time show.

Now it's been revealed her first song will be for Wakanda Forever's soundtrack. Definitely will build even more buzz here and if the song is good could hit #1 around the same time as the movie. It's out on Friday. The last album hit #1 so feel music on this one will be good as well.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/rih ... 235412876/

Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

O wrote:
Now it's been revealed her first song will be for Wakanda Forever's soundtrack. Definitely will build even more buzz here and if the song is good could hit #1 around the same time as the movie. It's out on Friday. The last album hit #1 so feel music on this one will be good as well.

AWESOME! :D

O wrote:
Rihanna hasn't made new music for 6 years but was announced for the Superbowl half time show.

I don't think there's a criteria that you have to have made music recently in order to perform :er:
I think what matters is that you're well known & have hit songs.

Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:19 pm
Extraordinary

Rev wrote:
O wrote:

O wrote:

I don't think there's a criteria that you have to have made music recently in order to perform :er:

Absolutely! More mentioned that since it was likely a sign she had new music possibly coming and it starts with Wakanda!

Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

O wrote:
Rev wrote:
O wrote:

O wrote:

Absolutely! More mentioned that since it was likely a sign she had new music possibly coming and it starts with Wakanda!

yes SIR :D that's a nice surprise

Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:32 pm
Extraordinary

First reactions from the premiere last night. Looks to be overwhelmingly positive and some mentioning it's Marvel's most emotional film with Bassett as a highlight. Anticipation is definitely ramping into high gear and the new song drops tomorrow. It also seems very different from Marvel's usual tone and appears to have Marvel's best after credits scene ever.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/blac ... 235412742/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235248887/

Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

O wrote:
It also seems very different from Marvel's usual tone and appears to have Marvel's best after credits scene ever.

they're saying it's a mid-credit scene and that there's no post credit scene.

I wonder if they'll add it once it drops on the 11th? :D hope so lol

Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:37 pm
Hold the door!

Spoiler: show
The rumored Doom cameo is not in the version that was just screened. Possible it will be the post credit scene, as there was only a mid credits scene at the premiere

Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:05 pm

its like any early reactions. Even Thor had the best of phase 4 comments. This seems a slight departure as its more gloomy than atypical MCU. I dont think even endgame has gloomy as they jump on to action pretty fast.

Looking at presales its still trailing Thor at 2 big chains(about 8-10% and pace is about 60% of thor). Let us see how the social media reactions drive the presales. For now I am sticking to 27/160m OW and based on actual reception predict the legs.

I used to be shawman.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next