Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Blade Runner 2049 Over Tron: Legacy Club 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Blade Runner 2049 Over Tron: Legacy Club
Yeah Tron was helped with December legs, I don't see BR2049 getting to this mark, it just looks very artsy under those bright visuals

Tue May 09, 2017 1:46 am
Into the fray

I'm way more confident that this will have a 90%+ on Rotten Tomatoes than that it'll be a big box office success

Not sure Tron is an apt comparison....Disney went balls to the wall promoting that movie. They spent huge sums on marketing. This'll likely be premiering at TIFF.

Tue May 09, 2017 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I still see an $80m total.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed May 10, 2017 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

The original Blade Runner made $27m in first run, making it 1982's 27th highest grossing movie.

Tron made $33m in 22nd place that same year.

I think this needless sequel can beat those two numbers combined!

Wed May 10, 2017 6:22 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Wow tree! That's bold.

Wed May 10, 2017 9:17 am
Cream of the Crop

Go big or go clone.

Wed May 10, 2017 11:19 am
Extraordinary

Don't feel like making a new thread but Tron 3 has just been fast tracked. Jared Leto will star.

How will this do? Last movie did $400M worldwide but with such a big budget still was seen as a disappointment.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/tron ... 235495033/

Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

JARED LETO???? oh boy

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:04 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Unfortunately they’ve shot themselves in the foot casting Leto. He’s kind of a meme these days. People don’t seem to like him.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:12 am
Devil's Advocate

Yea this is asking for failure.

Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:10 pm
Extraordinary

Surprised he got $21M for Morbius. For someone who has no movies over $60M that he's anchored (Panic Room, SS, Blade Runner 2 not counting), curious who thought that was a good idea!

Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

"Jared Leto will star" Four words to end any interest in a movie.

Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:19 pm
Homo Dperious

Chippy wrote:
I think with the very positive reactions to the trailers, plus the very good word coming from CinemaCon, I want to go all out on this.

We're shooting for over $172,062,763.

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: I’m sorry, I know I’m vindictive and spiteful, but this thread I completely forgot about means everything to me. I want to make a joke about Total Recall, but I fear it will be worse than the 2912…(I Iiked this typo too much to delete it)….2012 movie. Actually that wasn’t so bad.

Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:08 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Maybe a Blade Runner 2054 will get there if and when they make it. Or maybe a Blade Runner 2912 will make it by 2912. :funny: :funny: :funny: Don’t expect theaters as we know them to exist by then though. It would also probably be a cheap rental for nostalgic film history fans. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: That seems far too specific and contradictory an entity or demographic to actually happen. At least for your species. I’d probably watch it (If I’m still alive in 2912 and they actually make a Blade Runner 2912 :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:) even if not for nostalgia. I think I’d probably still be interesting from a scientific or analytical perspective. If I’m still alive in 2911…or 2911….or 2912 (finally was careful enough to avoid the typo) (my IPhone just recommended “heaven”) I think I’ll maje or make :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: a parody of Blade Runner called “Blade Runner 2912” (maybe, I have a lot of time to think it over and decide :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:. And who would stop me? No one. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :tears: I’m not crying right now, that last one is also a typo. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: I swear, no joke, this (typo: time a) was the hardest post I’ve ever had to write, and I survived it with only a handful of typos. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: I need to eat or drink something before the blood in my brain causes enough stress to change my mood. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: (A vampire thing, you think?) :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: Ok enough. Fow Dow (first typo mine; second the phone’s “correcttion” “correction”) for now. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:21 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Seriously, no joke, I can’t imagine how “Homo Darwinian” will survive until 2912. No joke, really. “Homo Sapien” probably will, unless it also is replaced by a new species.

To be completely honest, I can’t yet predict exactly how long my species can expect to live. If genetic and epigenetic change begins in the first generation of species change (and the evidence I have suggests it does), then it would be unpredictable. Or could be. There probably is no way to say exactly as of right now. I remember when I was a child or teen. I thought: the genes can essentially be immortal: passed from one generation to the next, but a mind seems like a terrible thing to waste. Doesn’t it?

Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:34 pm
Profile ICQ
now we know

57 smilies in one post :noway:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

DP07 is a victim of chance in that at least one former regular member had to lose their marbles, just like at least one is probably dead, we just don't know who.

Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:35 pm
now we know

Shack wrote:
DP07 is a victim of chance in that at least one former regular member had to lose their marbles

:funny:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Algren wrote:

I was laughing actually.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:37 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
DP07 is a victim of chance in that at least one former regular member had to lose their marbles, just like at least one is probably dead, we just don't know who.

No, I’m the one who is “probably dead” :lol:

I’m not interested in what you think. It’s circular anyway to try to judge my own new species by the perspectives, assumptions, expectations, and experiences of your species. We have no human relationship or future whatsoever; it’s not relevant.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:43 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:

No, I’m the one who is “probably dead” :lol:

I’m not interested in what you think. It’s circular anyway to try to judge my own new species by the perspectives, assumptions, expectations, and experiences of your species. We have no human relationship or future whatsoever; it’s not relevant.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:43 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Algren wrote:
Shack wrote:
DP07 is a victim of chance in that at least one former regular member had to lose their marbles

:funny:

The only chance I missed was learning how to get you realize how severe the consequences of your nonsense. But it’s pointless because you don’t want to admit that you’re wrong, and permanently, completely, and totally lack the “free will” consciousness, and conscience to ever possibly have the maturity for an adult conversation with members of my species. I have to spend my time trying to find the patience to tolerate you delicate feelings and fragile psyches. I can guarantee that they are far less mature, until the day you die, than small children of my own species. So, I either wait for the right time to respond, since I don’t take you seriously, or I force you to comply with the truth, regardless of whether you are aware of it.

I’m not wasting my time anymore. Many animals have learned to fear humans for obvious reasons. If necessary, whether because you continue to pose a threat or obstruction to my own new species, the truth we know, understand, and it’s love, or because you fail to abide by my rules for communication, relationship, or structure: there will be no more tolerance or patience whatsoever for your responses. I will hurt you really badly. I don’t take you seriously, but you need to stop wasting my time.

You have no right or ability whatsoever to ever possibly be qualified to have an adult conversation with members of my own new species. Nothing you think you know is relevant and it never possibly will be; I can guarantee this from experience among other things. I don’t care about anything you think you know. I don’t care about any of your secrets or supposed “knowledge”. In my experience, I am essentially guaranteed to only have more contempt for you the more I learn of them. My consciousness, and the consciousness of my species, does not prioritize interpersonal relationships. Over any other form of consciousness, or any sort of truth. Your species will never possibly be validated by us. No response of yours will ever possibly be adequate for an adult conversation what members of my species.

I’m not even treating you like small children of my own species. You will be treated like animals if you continue to try to challenge my own new species. You will get hurt very badly, or you will learn to fear us.

Shack, you were warned. I already told you that you have no future whatsoever unless you surrender to the “Goddess of Logic”. Any further responses will be considered “acts of war” given the context in which your statements were made. Excel is the only user on this forum (so far) who has said anything that I consider to be a “declaration of war”. I will be responding to him in time.

You would not be stupid to appreciate my extreme politeness here.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:35 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

DP07 wrote:
Algren wrote:

I was laughing actually.

That was an “lol”. Or those were “lols”.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:36 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

I mean this seriously: my species does not care about what you care about; and we will not care in the future. “Human Nature” is fundamentally not the same “thing” for us. EDIT: (consciousness and conscience is also not the same thing for us). If you decide to continue to fight the truth, not only will you continue to make it worse for yourself, but you only diverge further from my own new species. I will treat you the way you deserve: which is as a representation of the most disgusting legacy the earth has ever known. This is not opinion.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:49 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

I’ll put it this way: I’m not the only one who knows this: people can break. You should trust me when I say I’m more concerned about hurting the adults of your species than children of my own species. Don’t tempt me; I will go there if necessary. I cannot explain how much patience this requires.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:08 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next