Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 MC2- Free ticket & DVD combination attack thread 
Indiana Jones IV

Post MC2- Free ticket & DVD combination attack thread
.I see ads for a free ticket to MC2 if you purchase a DVD of MC1... Isn't this a bit back-asswards?? The push should be to go see the NEW product and the hook to buy more product... I think they got it backwards by offering a ticket to the unknown IF you bought a product that is years old.. They may have relied on the 'perceived' value of hoping consumers need to see the story in linear time; especially unneeded in non-serials ... However, it is a bold first attempt in tying in a series to new releases via ticket incentives.. I just think they got it backwards because people will balk at buying an old DVD to get a new product.. Should it not be the other way?? Buy something new and you get something extra??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

I suspect it's for people who liked the first enough to want to see the second, and don't own the DVD. If you want to see the sequel, I guess the logic is you might be willing to buy the DVD of the original too, especially if you save 8 bucks on a ticket.

Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:44 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

It sucks for people who already own the DVD though, especially since the discs are basically identical. I know that if it had different special features (like THE RING and its new set did), I'd buy it in a flash.

Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:05 pm
Profile YIM
Golfaholic

I think it makes perfect sense since Hollywood makes more money with the DVD releases than with the theatrical run

Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:11 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I think it makes perfect sense since Hollywood makes more money with the DVD releases than with the theatrical run

Good point. It does bump sales of an older DVD.. However MC2 finished the weekend with less than expected.. Maybe all the ticket redempetions will be in the future?? I'll be interested in how many sales this generated... And if the sales for tickets are significant... Anyone have the numbers??

Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]