Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Friday numbers 
Award Winning Bastard

For now, that's fine with me.. In the meantime, the upside to this whole thing is that REAL Horror next month will more than makeup for this and I'm still sticking with my 50 Million weekend for Amityville Horror.. :woo:

BKB, I've been sticking up for you all day here. Defending your honor many times. I personally consider that you were definitely the person who deserves congrats here, and I really think a lot of these people underestimate what an honorable person you are. It wouldn't hurt to show exactly how gracious a winner you are, just as you've shown how gracious a loser you can be, and move on.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:21 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

BKB was right about the crappy Ring Two =D> Though the fact that Ring Two only opened with only 14mil shows that people are tired of horror movies no matter the name on them, so Amityville will most likely underperform.

Don't count on it... Actually folks really aren't so much tired of horror as they are crappy horror and the RING falls into this catagory along with the other string of PG-13 Horror shitfest over the last few months.. Hell CURSED sucked, Boogeyman sucked, RING II Apparently sucked, all this means is that it's time for a studio to show some balls like MGM is gonna with Amityville Horror, R-Rating and all, and step up to the plate and prove that a well done horror movie with all the right ingredients can do just as well as these "Diet Horror" or Horror Lite" movies do.. In short: Amityville Horror is gonna kick some serious ass next month$$$$$$$... My 50 Million weekend oprediction sticks, especially after that stellar new trailer.. =D>

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

BKB_The_Man wrote:

For now, that's fine with me.. In the meantime, the upside to this whole thing is that REAL Horror next month will more than makeup for this and I'm still sticking with my 50 Million weekend for Amityville Horror.. :woo:

BKB, I've been sticking up for you all day here. Defending your honor many times. I personally consider that you were definitely the person who deserves congrats here, and I really think a lot of these people underestimate what an honorable person you are. It wouldn't hurt to show exactly how gracious a winner you are, just as you've shown how gracious a loser you can be, and move on.

Hell that's fine by me.. I really don't care but the whole thing is fun.. You gotta admit that folks.. \:D/ And next month, if I'm wrong about Amityville and it's box office, I'll gladly admit I was wrong on that to.. In the end, I don't care.. :alc:

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

i like that BKB isnt obsessed about accuracies and what not; thats what the box office community needs to do - loosen up and stop caring so much about how close to the mark they are at on/off instances and look at the bigger picture - that its no biggy if they mess up.

I mean, i could rub it in that i predicted $41.45m for the Ring 2 and it looks like its going to weigh in awfully close to that mark.
But at the same time id eat crow pie with Ice Princess which i said would do $11.2m.

Either way its nice to know that you can predict when you nail something; but its very much a turn of luck kinda game and people shouldnt be too gutted if they dont do well.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Hell that's fine by me.. I really don't care but the whole thing is fun.. You gotta admit that folks.. \:D/ And next month, if I'm wrong about Amityville and it's box office, I'll gladly admit I was wrong on that to.. In the end, I don't care.. :alc:

It's fun for you...lol

Cool deal, BKB. Just another example of why you're one of my favorites! Anytime you want to start trolling Fantastic Four is ok with me. Start as many threads as you see fit to. :2up:

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:35 pm
Site Owner

Well ... with the WOM I am expecting ... I don't see Ring 2 getting over 120-130m .... could Amittyville actually have some kind of god given outside chance?

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

i like that BKB isnt obsessed about accuracies and what not; thats what the box office community needs to do - loosen up and stop caring so much about how close to the mark they are at on/off instances and look at the bigger picture - that its no biggy if they mess up.

It's a huge biggy if you mess up, at least within our little box office world. The key is to be as accurate as possible, so the farther you are from the actual amount, the worse it is.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:45 pm
Profile WWW

Well ... with the WOM I am expecting ... I don't see Ring 2 getting over 120-130m .... could Amittyville actually have some kind of god given outside chance?

YES.. ABSOLUTELY.. Mark my word on it: The Amityville Horror will be damn popular next month and finally bring R-Rated Horror back in the mainstream and prove that something like this that's well done, well made, can bring in alot of $$$... It's very well recognized and still remains one of the world's unsolved mysteries that makes it all that more intriguing.. Just seing that new trailer alone looked damn unnerving and how cool was it when the priest threw the holy water at the wall and it started sizzling or Defeo's face morphing into that demonic looking skull while Reynolds is watching that home video??? :yikes: See?? Noe that's what I'm talking about and the fact that MGM didn't bow to the whole PG-13 Hyperbole and insisted on an R-Rating makes me respect them even more..

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Box, i dont really care if i have a great accuracy or not; its nice to have a 90% plus streak, but actually i care so little these days i only track back and do accuracies a few weeks after the results.

I think the reasoning behind the predictions is always more interesting.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Y'know, alex made a good point. Unless Guess Who really surprises, it looks like the biggest movie of March is going to be... wait for it... THE PACIFIER! :lol:

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:53 pm
Veteran

I don't see it crossing $100M.

The Japanese director is a moron. DW deserved this for hiring him to direct this.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Why couldn't it open LOWER!!!!! I was so hoping for this to BURRRN!!!!

oh wells ..... another day then.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB was right about the crappy Ring Two =D> Though the fact that Ring Two only opened with only 14mil shows that people are tired of horror movies no matter the name on them, so Amityville will most likely underperform.

Don't count on it... Actually folks really aren't so much tired of horror as they are[b] crappy horror and the RING falls into this catagory along with the other string of PG-13 Horror shitfest over the last few months.. Hell CURSED sucked, Boogeyman sucked, RING II Apparently sucked, all this means is that it's time for a studio to show some balls like MGM is gonna with Amityville Horror, R-Rating and all, and step up to the plate and prove that a well done horror movie with all the right ingredients can do just as well as these "Diet Horror" or Horror Lite" movies do.. In short: Amityville Horror is gonna kick some serious ass next month$$$$$$$... My 50 Million weekend oprediction sticks, especially after that stellar new trailer.. =D> [/b]
I have yet to see if the movie is crappy or not, so thats basically an opinion you already made up and I have yet to see major buzz for this movie. If it's lucky it'll do TCM #'s or atleast close to it. It wont do 50mil its first weekend out, you should be happy with half of that ( 25mil )

Either way it doesnt matter if the movie is good or not, first weekends rely on buzz/hype.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:18 pm
College Boy Z

Even though it's not as high as I thought it would be, I'm glad it's atleast going to make around $40 million this weekend. BKB was more right then me, so I'll just gracefully walk away in defeat.

Atleast... until The Amityville Horror comes out. :mrgreen:

Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:51 pm
No Wire Tampons!

well in my nf7 report i did comment that many audiences may be a bit fatigued from seeing so many "dissapointing" horrors this year that have slyly worked their way into grosses that they really shouldnt have had thanks to big marketing campaigns that have been even better than The Ring Two's - that alone may have turned many off.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

hmmmm

Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:25 am
Commander and Chef

well in my nf7 report i did comment that many audiences may be a bit fatigued from seeing so many "dissapointing" horrors this year that have slyly worked their way into grosses that they really shouldnt have had thanks to big marketing campaigns that have been even better than The Ring Two's - that alone may have turned many off.

You're perfectly right. Its something i've never understood about hollywood. one thing becomes a hit and then you get 20 movies for it. it sucks.

Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:58 am
Profile WWW

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Don't count on it... Actually folks really aren't so much tired of horror as they are[b] crappy horror and the RING falls into this catagory along with the other string of PG-13 Horror shitfest over the last few months.. Hell CURSED sucked, Boogeyman sucked, RING II Apparently sucked, all this means is that it's time for a studio to show some balls like MGM is gonna with Amityville Horror, R-Rating and all, and step up to the plate and prove that a well done horror movie with all the right ingredients can do just as well as these "Diet Horror" or Horror Lite" movies do.. In short: Amityville Horror is gonna kick some serious ass next month$$$$$$$... My 50 Million weekend oprediction sticks, especially after that stellar new trailer.. =D> [/b]
I have yet to see if the movie is crappy or not, so thats basically an opinion you already made up and I have yet to see major buzz for this movie. If it's lucky it'll do TCM #'s or atleast close to it. It wont do 50mil its first weekend out, you should be happy with half of that ( 25mil )

Either way it doesnt matter if the movie is good or not, first weekends rely on buzz/hype.

Your wrong.. Nuff said.. I'm on a roll here and I'm sticking with my 50 Million opening for Amityville and looking to see it beat the snot out of the RING II and it will.. Come on April 15th.. :woo:

Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Your wrong.. Nuff said.. I'm on a roll here and I'm sticking with my 50 Million opening for Amityville and looking to see it beat the snot out of the RING II and it will.. Come on April 15th.. :woo:
20-25mil opening is good enough NOW STOP ARGUING BECAUSE IM RIGHT!!!!! :evil:

Will you be dissapointed if this movie that probably didnt cost anymore then 20-25mil to make will only do 25mil in its first weekend alone?

Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:37 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Will you be dissapointed if this movie that probably didnt cost anymore then 20-25mil to make will only do 25mil in its first weekend alone?

Yes.. Yes I will cause this movie looks a hell of alot better and scarier, more unnerving than anything that watered down PG-13 RING II brought to the table, not to mention the fact that this is quite famous and quite well known as one of the world's greatest unsolved mysteries and the intrigue of that alone and the brilliant marketing MGM is doing with this will make this a potential hit.. I wouldn't be surprised if this opened alot higher than you think.. At this stage in the game, you'd be wise to think about that assessment after I called the RING II pretty damn good and OWNED you.. :laugh: :bur:

Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:54 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Yes.. Yes I will cause this movie looks a hell of alot better and scarier, more unnerving than anything that watered down PG-13 RING II brought to the table, not to mention the fact that this is quite famous and quite well known as one of the world's greatest unsolved mysteries and the intrigue of that alone and the brilliant marketing MGM is doing with this will make this a potential hit.. I wouldn't be surprised if this opened alot higher than you think.. At this stage in the game, you'd be wise to think about that assessment after I called the RING II pretty damn good and OWNED you.. :laugh: :bur:
Potential hit? 25mil for the weekend would warrant a hit, maybe not in your head - but MGM sure as hell would think so. You're setting yourself up for major dissapointment, nothing so far is showing this movie performing THAT big, the only arguements you seem to be repeating is marketing is good and the story is famous, story was famous years ago, nobody cares anymore. It was one of those things that was scary at the time, but since time passed its just not scary anymore.

Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:02 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Potential hit? 25mil for the weekend would warrant a hit, maybe not in your head - but MGM sure as hell would think so. You're setting yourself up for major dissapointment, nothing so far is showing this movie performing THAT big, the only arguements you seem to be repeating is marketing is good and the story is famous, story was famous years ago, nobody cares anymore. It was one of those things that was scary at the time, but since time passed its just not scary anymore.

No.. Amityville doesn't have to have fanboy gushing and an extreme amount of overhype like The RING RELOADED did to make it a hit.. Come next month, this movie will kick ass and take names and I'm excited as hell to.. \:D/ \:D/

Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Eagle wrote:

I don't see it crossing $100M.

The Japanese director is a moron. DW deserved this for hiring him to direct this.

It will have weak legs, and there is an excellent chance it will fall short of 100m, but not because of WOM. This is a horror sequel released in March, that's nearly as frontloaded as it gets.

Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:05 am
Profile ICQ
Rachel McAdams Fan

I think it's a virtual lock for $100 million. Weekday numbers will be stronger than most horror films because of the fact that it's a more adult-skewing horror flick. Even with bad word of mouth I can't see it at least making $110 million, which is still a great number for DreamWorks and enough to ensure a third installment.

Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:54 am
Profile YIM
I think it's a virtual lock for $100 million. Weekday numbers will be stronger than most horror films because of the fact that it's a more adult-skewing horror flick. Even with bad word of mouth I can't see it at least making $110 million, which is still a great number for DreamWorks and enough to ensure a third installment.

Just curious, what makes The Ring II an adult-skewing horror flick?

Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next