Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 March 11-13 predictions 
Kiera Knightly is my lady!

Post March 11-13 predictions
Yup, you know what to do.

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:36 pm
Profile WWW

1. Robots 55.0
2. Pacifier 16.0
3. Be Cool 12.0
4. Million Dollar Baby 7.5
5. Hitch 6.8
6. Black Woman 5.9
7. Hostage 4.5
8. Constantine 3.1

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Horror Hound

Oooh, didn't know Robots was this weekend, looks amazing!!

I think.

1. Robots- $42,000,000
2. The Pacifier- $18,000,000
3. Be Cool- $12,000,000
4. Hostage- $8,500,000
5. Hitch - $8,000,000

GO Robots!! :D

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:42 pm
Teh Mexican

Robots $47M
Hoatge $11.2M

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:42 pm
---------

2. The Pacifier - $17.4 (-40%)
3. Be Cool - $11.0 (-53%)
4. Hitch - $7.7 (-38%)
5. Hostage - $7.2 (NEW)
6. Million Dollar Baby - $6.8 (-25%)
7. Diary of a Mad Black Woman - $6.1 (-42%)
8. The Passion Recut - $4.9 (NEW)
9. Constantine - $2.6 (-55%)
10. The Aviator - $1.8 (-30%)

All The Passion Recut needs is an $80,000 PTA to top the weekend. :wink:

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:51 pm
Sbil

2. The Pacifier - $19 million
3. Be Cool - $12.5 million
4. Hitch - $8 million
5. Hostage - $7 million

Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:07 pm

Wow people are actully predicting insted of telling me its to early!

(thats what i get on bom every weekend now)

Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

In line with the 2002 debut of Ice Age, which went on to make over $170 million domestically. This one has a little more competition and probably won't quite reach that total though.

Hostage -- $11.7 million
A low debut is likely in store for this latest Bruce Willis action film. Marketing towards a more mature audience and an "R" rating will both help and hurt its chances for the weekend. Competition in the later weeks will quickly force it out of theaters as well.

The Passion: Recut -- $3.70 million
If there was one lesson last year it is that when a film is strategically marketed, it can produce excellent results. The Easter re-release of The Passion of the Christ is a wise move for distributor New Market and should easily bring in another $10-$15 million for the film.

Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:18 pm
The Kramer

I really don't think Robots is gonna do that well, just me.

Robots - $28.6M (in line with Scooby-Doo 2)
Hostage - $20.7M (Pulp Fiction stars strike back with 5 $20M+ openers in a row.)

Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:56 am
Killing With Kindness

1.Robots - 47.3m New
2.The Pacifier - 21.5m (-30% from last Wknd)
3.Be Cool - 13.6m (-45%% from last Wknd)
4.Hostage - 9.3m New
5.Hitch - 8.6m (-30% from last Wknd)
6.Million Dollar Baby - 8.0m (-20% from last Wknd)
7.The Passion of the Christ: Recut - 7.5m New
8.Diary of a Mad Black Woman - 7.1m (-40% from last Wknd)
9.Constantine - 3.1m (-50% from last Wknd)
10.Because of Winn-Dixie - 2.4m (-35% from last Wknd)
11.Man of the House - 2.2m (-50% from last Wknd)
12.The Aviator - 2.1m (-25% from last Wknd)
13.Cursed - 1.9m (-55% from last Wknd)
14.The Jacket - 1.6 (-40% from last Wknd)

Top Ten Total: 124.4m
Top Twelve Total: 128.7m

Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

i see no reason why Robots will do Under $40M, the Kids really dont care if it looks horrible or not funny at all, its a damn cartoon and even better its a CGI!!!!!
if Shark Tale did $40+ i see no reason why Robots will not (i actually think the Robots trailer is much better than Shark Tale's)

Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:31 am

(I wish some one else from here could post there predicts on bom also)

Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Robots 35 million (The marketing hasn't been THAT strong and robots are way less appealing then cute furry animals)
Hostage 12 million (Lots of marketing, just not that much appeal and a smaller release)
Too bad Upside of Anger is limited, I wanted to see it. I'll get around to it eventually though if reviews are good.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:17 am
Extraordinary

Some of you are going way too low on Robots, do you guys honestly think Robots, a CG animated kids movie in 3600+ theaters will do equal to or less then Pacifier? I dont see that being possible.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:07 am
You must have big rats

Robots will be underpredicted by many. The first reviews at RT give it the best rating possible and the trailers are very well-made. Besides that its the first big animated flick of the year. It'll do very very well. I expect no less than $48 million.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Robots will be underpredicted by many. The first reviews at RT give it the best rating possible and the trailers are very well-made. Besides that its the first big animated flick of the year. It'll do very very well. I expect no less than $48 million.

But Williams aside, it sports no one near the calibur of the Shark Tale cast as far as drawing in the crowds, I've barely seen any ads (and I live with a bunch of toddlers who watch saturday morning cartoons), I don't think that robots are very appealing for kids, and Shark Tale had Shrek to help it out in a big way. Oh yeah, and no competition from a kids movie that will have made about 30 million the weekend before. I am rather shocked by those first two reviews go, I will have to up my prediction if they stay that good, though I'm sure they won't.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:24 am
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:

But Williams aside, it sports no one near the calibur of the Shark Tale cast as far as drawing in the crowds, I've barely seen any ads (and I live with a bunch of toddlers who watch saturday morning cartoons), I don't think that robots are very appealing for kids, and Shark Tale had Shrek to help it out in a big way. Oh yeah, and no competition from a kids movie that will have made about 30 million the weekend before. I am rather shocked by those first two reviews go, I will have to up my prediction if they stay that good, though I'm sure they won't.

From what I have seen, though, Robots looks to end up with rather good than bad reviews, unlike Shark Tale. Also, who really cares about the voice cast? I think their influence is overestimated. Seriously what was the last time a CGI animated feature made less than $40 million in its opening weekend?

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The pacing of the film is also quite brisk. Clocking in at around 90 minutes, the movie feels even shorter. The jokes and the action just keep right on coming, from beginning to end.

Robots is everything an animated feature should be. It’s fast paced, funny for both kids and adults, and makes good use of its animation to provide a story that could be done in no other medium. I’d say with this one, Fox has cemented their place in the world of modern animation.

Sounds like a hit :wink:

Animated movies dont need popular voice over talent to bring in the crowd. Who the hell did Finding Nemo have? Ellen DeGeneres :???:

Robots has....
Robin Williams
Ewan McGregor
Halle Berry

Thats not bad, plus it has a nice supporting cast with people such as Drew Carey, Conan O'Brien, Paul Giamatti, Mel Brooks and Greg Kinnear

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:35 am
Where will you be?

MovieDude wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

From what I have seen, though, Robots looks to end up with rather good than bad reviews, unlike Shark Tale. Also, who really cares about the voice cast? I think their influence is overestimated. Seriously what was the last time a CGI animated feature made less than $40 million in its opening weekend?

November, when you used the same argument that every CGI kids movie opens high no matter what for The Polar Express. ;) Honestly though, I think this has FAR less going for it then the most similar comparison of Ice Age from 2002. It opened to 46 million and was considered a huge hit, and don't forget, that got great reviews too. It also had something to attract the kids in the form of the little rat creature and all it's shenanigans, and it had no competition, whereas Robots has The Pacifier, which will make about 18-20 million next weekend. And I don't think the reviews mattered that much for Shark Tale, it had much more going for it besides the bad reviews which Robots does not.

And Killuminati510, I'm not saying Robots doesn't have a lot of people in it. It's loaded with stars. But none of them really have any box office pull except for Robin Williams.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:56 am
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
MovieDude wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

November, when you used the same argument that every CGI kids movie opens high no matter what for The Polar Express. ;) Honestly though, I think this has FAR less going for it then the most similar comparison of Ice Age from 2002. It opened to 46 million and was considered a huge hit, and don't forget, that got great reviews too. It also had something to attract the kids in the form of the little rat creature and all it's shenanigans, and it had no competition, whereas Robots has The Pacifier, which will make about 18-20 million next weekend. And I don't think the reviews mattered that much for Shark Tale, it had much more going for it besides the bad reviews which Robots does not.

And Killuminati510, I'm not saying Robots doesn't have a lot of people in it. It's loaded with stars. But none of them really have any box office pull except for Robin Williams.

Well, The Polar Express made the mistake of opening five days after The Incredibles. Then again, the low-ish opening weekend was made up by an amazing total gross which everyone on here uderpredicted ;)

As I said, the voice cast really doesn't matter much for animated movies. Kids don't care if it's Mike Myers or Paul Giamatti voicing the movie. I think the trailers look really funny and The Pacifier won't hurt it as much as it will hurt The Pacifier.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

MovieDude wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
MovieDude wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

Well, The Polar Express made the mistake of opening five days after The Incredibles. Then again, the low-ish opening weekend was made up by an amazing total gross which everyone on here uderpredicted ;)

As I said, the voice cast really doesn't matter much for animated movies. Kids don't care if it's Mike Myers or Paul Giamatti voicing the movie. I think the trailers look really funny and The Pacifier won't hurt it as much as it will hurt The Pacifier.

I'm not saying the voice cast will help the movie, most don't. However, I do believe there are exceptions, and Will Smith is THE most bankable star alive without question. And The Polar Express suceeded in the long term because of such amazing word of mouth and holiday weekends, of which Robots will not have. :razz: All those other CGI movies had some appeal to older audiences, but I've only heard groans from all but kids under 8.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:05 am
You must have big rats

I'm not saying the voice cast will help the movie, most don't. However, I do believe there are exceptions, and Will Smith is THE most bankable star alive without question. And The Polar Express suceeded in the long term because of such amazing word of mouth and holiday weekends, of which Robots will not have. :razz: All those other CGI movies had some appeal to older audiences, but I've only heard groans from all but kids under 8.

Hmmm, I don't know how it's in the US, but over here most of my friends (who are 19-20) want to see it and so dio I...

I guess we can't discuss this to death without proving anything to each other, so we'll see next weekend.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Polar Express took the realistic look and that turned people off, Robots has cartoony robots in it. From those 2 reviews it seems more then likely all ages will enjoy this film.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:16 am
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Hostage 13.7m

Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

MovieDude wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
MovieDude wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

not everyone :razz:

Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next