Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 UPDATED: Creepy Ghostly Pics Taken In Amityville House 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post UPDATED: Creepy Ghostly Pics Taken In Amityville House
This movies looks AWESOME with a few minor pet peeves I've seen from the trailer which is now being shown regulary on my Digital Cable Service through TIVO and Video On Demand.. That, along with EPISODE III, BATMAN BEGINS, WAR OF THE WORLDS, CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY(Which Looks Stupid) etc.. However, I thought the trailer for "The Amityville Horror" looked damn creepy in almost a Blair Wtch Style of filming tracking you through the Murders and the creepy apparitions that appeared in the trailer.. 3:15 AM will play a big part in this movie when all the shit hits the fan it would seem.. Nevertheless, this looks like it could very well be the BEST Horror remake of the year, maybe beating out the PG-13 RING II etc.. If I were you, I would read the Novel before seeing the movie..

"The Amityville Horror" Weekend Total:

50 Million for 3 days

150-170 Million Domestically..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Last edited by STEVE ROGERS on Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Old thread was burried, and started over a month ago without many replies. Now is a good time for this topic, so I will let you restart it, but next time can you PLEASE at least do a 2 second search for "amityville" because there is already a topic on this.

No worries ... and I don't have a prediction yet ... really gonna need a screen count and final rating to decide. Asumming R I would put it around 15 million opening.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Old thread was burried, and started over a month ago without many replies. Now is a good time for this topic, so I will let you restart it, but next time can you PLEASE at least do a 2 second search for "amityville" because there is already a topic on this.

No worries ... and I don't have a prediction yet ... really gonna need a screen count and final rating to decide. Asumming R I would put it around 15 million opening.

It's definitely gonna be rated R - the official website is even listing it as so, which normally means it's locked up: http://www.mgm.com/amityville/

My box office prediction is....

Opening Weekend: $19.0m
Total: $58.0m

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:47 am
Extraordinary

Opening - 26mil
Final - 78.6mil

Though I honestly think im gonna be way off and it'll end up around 50mil. This is no Ring Two, it wont make 170mil. Thats crazy - but hey, you always think every movie you're looking forward to is gonna make big time $$$$$

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:59 am
Teenage Dream

It'll perform much like TCM Remake

Opening - 26mil
Final - 78.6mil

Though I honestly think im gonna be way off and it'll end up around 50mil. This is no Ring Two, it wont make 170mil. Thats crazy - but hey, you always think every movie you're looking forward to is gonna make big time $$$$$

I'd tend to agree with you, but I think a big reason behind the TCM remake's success was name recognition. Amityville Horror doesn't have nearly as much of that.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:02 am
Forum General

Opening- 27million

Final-74

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:09 am
Extraordinary

Killuminati510 wrote:

Opening - 26mil
Final - 78.6mil

I'd tend to agree with you, but I think a big reason behind the TCM remake's success was name recognition. Amityville Horror doesn't have nearly as much of that.
Actually im not so sure how true that is, Amityville Horror ended up with over 80mil according to BOMojo, so it might have more recognition then you think. Though, back then everyone thought that was all based on fact and it was really a true story also had ALOT more publicity and things of that matter.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:11 am

Killuminati510 wrote:

Opening - 26mil
Final - 78.6mil

Your crazy.. The Amityville Horror is Incredibly well known and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this ends up being the BEST Horror movie of 2005.. It will bury every Horror movie we've seen to date.. You watch.. This movie looks really well done in both Atmosphere, the Grainy look and Creepiness.. Yes, The Amityville Horror is quite known from the original movie and the Novel which was very popular back in the late 70's.. This movie will OWN.. Count on it and count on a higher weekend opening than a measly 19 Million folks.. This aint The Goofy RING or RING II or even The Grudge and will be the BEST Haunted House movie made.. Like I said: Buy the Novel before you see the movie.. Read it and then will discuss it and I'm gonna purchase that Hardbound Novel for 25.00 Bucks titled REAL GHOSTS and REAL HAUNTINGS that includes the segment chapter on The Amityville Horror and post it if I can, or type it all out..

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Opening - 26mil
Final - 78.6mil

Actually im not so sure how true that is, Amityville Horror ended up with over 80mil according to BOMojo, so it might have more recognition then you think. Though, back then everyone thought that was all based on fact and it was really a true story also had ALOT more publicity and things of that matter.

I just know that, in the horror community at least, the original TCM is much more revered than the original Amityville Horror. I would suspect the same thing from the general public. I mean, I know IMDb ratings don't mean much, but check this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078767/ - Amityville

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072271/ - TCM

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:16 am
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Opening - 26mil
Final - 78.6mil

Your crazy.. The Amityville Horror is Incredibly well known and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this ends up being the BEST Horror movie of 2005.. It will bury every Horror movie we've seen to date.. You watch.. This movie looks really well done in both Atmosphere, the Grainy look and Creepiness.. Yes, The Amityville Horror is quite known from the original movie and the Novel which was very popular back in the late 70's.. This movie will OWN.. Count on it and count on a higher weekend opening than a measly 19 Million folks.. This aint The Goofy RING or RING II or even The Grudge and will be the BEST Haunted House movie made.. Like I said: Buy the Novel before you see the movie.. Read it and then will discuss it and I'm gonna purchase that Hardbound Novel for 25.00 Bucks titled REAL GHOSTS and REAL HAUNTINGS that includes the segment chapter on The Amityville Horror and post it if I can, or type it all out..

I'm sorry, BKB, but there is no way this makes more than The Ring Two. The Ring Two could very well make more in it's opening weekend than Amityville makes in it's entire run. I mean, I think it looks great too, but you're way overestimating it.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:19 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:
makeshift wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Opening - 26mil
Final - 78.6mil

I'm sorry, BKB, but there is no way this makes more than The Ring Two. The Ring Two could very well make more in it's opening weekend than Amityville makes in it's entire run. I mean, I think it looks great too, but you're way overestimating it.

Your WRONG.. Dead WRONG and The Amityville Horror will shit all over The RING II and it's weak ass PG-13 Rating.. Fuck the RING.. What so special and scary about The RING or even RING II?? :-k Explain this?? It's a weak ass PG-13 Family Friendly Horror Fare and you know it just like The GRUDGE was.. Let me put to you in ways you will understand: I'm so confident that The Amityville Horror will blow The RING II out of the water opening weekend and make at least 50 Million, that I'll bet you on it.. Name it?? :-k You teens HEAVILY underestimate this remake.. This movie is the REAL DEAL..

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Your WRONG.. Dead WRONG and The Amityville Horror will shit all over The RING II and it's weak ass PG-13 Rating.. Fuck the RING.. What so special and scary about The RING or even RING II?? :-k Explain this?? It's a weak ass PG-13 Family Friendly Horror Fare and you know it just like The GRUDGE was.. Let me put to you in ways you will understand: I'm so confident that The Amityville Horror will blow The RING II out of the water opening weekend and make at least 50 Million, that I'll bet you on it.. Name it?? :-k You teens HEAVILY underestimate this remake.. This movie is the REAL DEAL..

First of all, i'm not a teen.

Second of all, you made my case for me. You're right, The Ring Two is a PG13 horror film. And you know what that means? More people can see it. I'm not saying that The Amityville Horror is going to suck and bomb, because I think it'll be a great film and will do pretty damn well at the box office. But saying it's going to outgross the sequel to one of the most popular films of the decade is just delusional.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:29 am
Extraordinary

I honestly think Ring Two will suck and Amityville Horror will be better - but thats not stopping Ring Two from making more its first weekend out then Amityville does in its whole run. When was the last time a R rated horror flick did 170mil :???:

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:31 am
Teh Mexican

$28M/$76M

BKB your predition is ridiculous, no way in hell it will do $50M opening and $170M gross
it will not even do $100M
hell, i think Valiant will win the Weekend

i just dont see it doing $100M+, but hey, you may be right on this :wink:

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:33 am
Teenage Dream

I honestly think Ring Two will suck and Amityville Horror will be better - but thats not stopping Ring Two from making more its first weekend out then Amityville does in its whole run. When was the last time a R rated horror flick did 170mil :???:

The original Exorcist.

BKB is asking The Amityville Horror to be the third highest grossing horror film of all time. Does that sound remotely plausible to anyone?

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:37 am
Teh Mexican

No Horror remake movie as done more than $130M Dom. is all i can say

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:39 am

Killuminati510 wrote:

The original Exorcist.

BKB is asking The Amityville Horror to be the third highest grossing horror film of all time. Does that sound remotely plausible to anyone?

That's right and it will be to and not only that, but it will be the 1st R-Rated movie to beat out the so called non-scary RING and it's PG-13 Sequel to and will do so through the Adults coming out in droves to see "The Amityville Horror" Because it looks THAT Good.... Besides, R-Rated means no one under 17 admiited without Parents and how many theatres REALLY card people now and wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 15 year old and a 17 year old if they didn't??? :-k Bottom Line: Amityville will OWN the RING and it's PG-13 Sequel. Bet on it..

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:56 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

28/80

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:57 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Killuminati510 wrote:

No Horror remake movie as done more than $130M Dom. is all i can say

"The Amityville Horror" Remake will be the 1st to do it based on it's popularity and the awesome look of it.. There's a 1st for everything boys and girls and this one is IT and it's R Rating to..

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

makeshift wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

The original Exorcist.

That's right and it will be to and not only that, but it will be the 1st R-Rated movie to beat out the so called non-scary RING and it's PG-13 Sequel to and will do so through the Adults coming out in droves to see "The Amityville Horror" Because it looks THAT Good.... Besides, R-Rated means no one under 17 admiited without Parents and how many theatres REALLY card people now and wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 15 year old and a 17 year old if they didn't??? :-k Bottom Line: Amityville will OWN the RING and it's PG-13 Sequel. Bet on it..
Just like how AVP beat out Spider-Man 2 :laugh:

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:06 am
Teenage Dream

Post Re: Let's Predict "The Amityville Horror" Box Offi
Image + Image =

BKB_The_Man wrote:

50 Million for 3 days

:wink:

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:11 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:
makeshift wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

The original Exorcist.

Just like how AVP beat out Spider-Man 2 :laugh:

AVP was Equally as good as SPIDERMAN II and good enough to get an AVP II on the way.. Hey, you all can give me as much shit as yuou want.. I'm gonna sit back and watch this as The Amityville Horror stomps The RING II into the ground along with it's PG-13 Rating..

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:18 am
Profile WWW

makeshift wrote:
Image + Image =

BKB_The_Man wrote:

50 Million for 3 days

:wink:

I'm gonna have the last laugh on this.. You are all heavily HEAVILY underestimating this movie.. Amityville will blow The RING II out of the water and be the King of Horror for 2005.. Count on a 50 Million 3 day weekend total.. Bet me.. =D>

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

BKB_The_Man wrote:

I'm gonna have the last laugh on this.. You are all heavily HEAVILY underestimating this movie.. Amityville will blow The RING II out of the water and be the King of Horror for 2005.. Count on a 50 Million 3 day weekend total.. Bet me.. =D>

BKB, I'd bet you in a second, but I don't know what we would bet for. Money? Something to do with the message boards?

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:23 am
Extraordinary

makeshift wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

BKB, I'd bet you in a second, but I don't know what we would bet for. Money? Something to do with the message boards?
Leave the forums forever. If he wins you leave forever and if you win ( which is guaranteed ) he leaves. That or some sig & avatar bet. If BKB was really sure and not just bsing about him thinking it'll make 170mil he would take that bet and if you dont wanna make the bet Makeshift i'll do it, im sure BKB is to chicken anyways.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 412 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next