Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Weekend Estimates 
Christian's #1 Fan

Actually about Six Seven years ago, Pokemon is the best thing ever. I remember every single kid was playing with Pokemon Cards. But the movies were stupid but Fans loved it.

Everybody loved Pokemon then. I hated it then, I hate it now, and I will always hate it.

Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:27 am
Veteran

sako16 wrote:
Actually about Six Seven years ago, Pokemon is the best thing ever. I remember every single kid was playing with Pokemon Cards. But the movies were stupid but Fans loved it.

Everybody loved Pokemon then. I hated it then, I hate it now, and I will always hate it.

None of the Toonami cartoons are very imaginative or interesting. I will take Tom & Jerry any day over all these new cartoons.

Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I used to like Dexter's Laboratory, but that got rather old after a while. Not many other cartoons ever interested me.

Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:37 am
Indiana Jones IV

I was a fan of DBZ before but then it got kindof boring after all the reruns.

Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:38 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

BKB_The_Man wrote:
matatonio wrote:
WHY THE HELL FAT ALBERT DID SO MUCH!!!! :evil: :evil:

my derby is crap this week!!!! :x

You know why it did so well??? Cause despite people wanting to bag on it so much, it really wasn't any worse than say "Looney Tunes Back in Action" or "SpaceJam".. It had a nostalgic, sentimental touch to it and actors that looked and dressed exactly like the characters from the cartoon.. I haven't seen it yet, but I give full kudos to Bill Cosby for not only creating this cartoon which beats the shit out of any Anime cartoon of Saturday morning today, but it came from a time when cartoons were actually really good.. Hell, I grew up on Fat Albert from every saturday morning at 11:00 AM along with Bugs Bunny and The Road runner and Scooby Doo.. Those were the Golden Age of cartoons that will always remain better than anything out today..

So are you saying all those cartoons mentioned by you are better than Pokemon, Yu-Gi-whatever, Shittami oops Toonami and other mental cartoons they have now? :wink:

YES.. That's exactly what I'm saying... Your cartoons of today suck major major ass in a big way and are as dumb looking as they get.. There I said it.. Anime cartoons of today suck compared to Golden Classic Cartoons of yesterday like Bugs Bunny and The Roadrunner, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, and Fat Albert.. :wink:

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:36 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

matatonio wrote:
WHY THE HELL FAT ALBERT DID SO MUCH!!!! :evil: :evil:

my derby is crap this week!!!! :x

You know why it did so well??? Cause despite people wanting to bag on it so much, it really wasn't any worse than say "Looney Tunes Back in Action" or "SpaceJam".. It had a nostalgic, sentimental touch to it and actors that looked and dressed exactly like the characters from the cartoon.. I haven't seen it yet, but I give full kudos to Bill Cosby for not only creating this cartoon which beats the shit out of any Anime cartoon of Saturday morning today, but it came from a time when cartoons were actually really good.. Hell, I grew up on Fat Albert from every saturday morning at 11:00 AM along with Bugs Bunny and The Road runner and Scooby Doo.. Those were the Golden Age of cartoons that will always remain better than anything out today..

Right on, man!

Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Batman The animated series of the 90s was damn good,you have to admit that bkb.

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:44 pm

Batman The animated series of the 90s was damn good,you have to admit that bkb.

I don't watch cartoons anymore so I really don't have a knowlwedge as to what the new BATMAN Animated Series looks like, but either way, it still doesn't beat Bugs Bunny and the Roadrunner or Scooby Doo or Tom and Jerry by a long shot.. Another Giolden Age Classic Cartoon that RULED was "Jonny Quest"... 8) Fucking Jonny Quest ruled along with his friend with the Swami Hat, Hadgi and Race Bannon and Dr.Quest..

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Yeah, I really do think that Fat Albert was a much more appealing choice for some parents who had nostalgia. There's a few animated scenes that are essentially the exact same cartoon but with the new technology in animation, and lemme tell you, it really looked great, made me think of all those cartoons I loved as a kid. Johnny Quest, Looney Tunes, Batman (the 90s one), Mighty Max, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Tom and Jerry. Man, all these new cartoons are these shitty American anime BS, and it really doesn't look very great.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:25 am

Yeah, I really do think that Fat Albert was a much more appealing choice for some parents who had nostalgia. There's a few animated scenes that are essentially the exact same cartoon but with the new technology in animation, and lemme tell you, it really looked great, made me think of all those cartoons I loved as a kid. Johnny Quest, Looney Tunes, Batman (the 90s one), Mighty Max, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Tom and Jerry. Man, all these new cartoons are these shitty American anime BS, and it really doesn't look very great.

Moviedude, how old are you?? Your what?? 15??? Most of the cartoons you listed were from the 70's before you were even born so it does surprise me to hear you bag on Anime since I thought your generation enjoyed that the most?? But you do have good taste in what you listed there.. :wink:

Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

MovieDude wrote:

Moviedude, how old are you?? Your what?? 15??? Most of the cartoons you listed were from the 70's before you were even born so it does surprise me to hear you bag on Anime since I thought your generation enjoyed that the most?? But you do have good taste in what you listed there.. :wink:

They were still around on TV when I was watching... it was either those or Free Willy: The Animated Adventures :lol: . And sure, I love the really well done anime, but not the Pokemon/Yu-Gi Oh bullshit.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4