Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 138  Next
 superman returns predictons 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Shack wrote:
To be fair, Epi. I had its fair share of ultra-appealing characters. Alot of them made the movie shite for us, but for alot it added more need to see it. Young Anakin, Darth Maul, the pod-racers, the boss bug guy(forget name), Jar-Jar, Mace Windu by Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Kenobi by Ewan McGregor, Quikonjin by Liam Neeson, and some more. They pretty much excelled there, it was just the movie failed to be made well.

depends really. im very anxious to find out who the physical villlain in superman returns is. by you could argue people really wanna see kevin spacey as lex luthor, or frank langella as perry white, or sam huntington as jimmy olsen, or kate bosworth as lois lane, ect. a lot will depend on the physical villain as darth maul was a huge selling point of episode 1. if its that alien named tyzor that was mentioned, then we wont know if hell be cool or not.

Dude, SUPERMAN has probably 2 Villains in his arsenal and THAT'S IT.. Lex Luthor and Brainiac.. After that, where do you go with this character??

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:51 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Ehem, the one in bold are pretty well known villains.

Metallo
Parasite <- a good second villain.
Darkseid (FREAKING DARKSEID!!)
Doomsday
Mongul
Eradicator
Bizarro
Lobo
Toyman

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Superman Returns is gonna kick ass, if it is even close to Singer's X-2 in quality. If it is really good and appeals to kids since Supeman is loved by a lot of them, I can see this making over $300M domestic.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Metallo
Doomsday
Mongul
Eradicator
Bizarro
Lobo
Toyman
They shouldve just started the whole Doomsday trilogy with this one, who cares about everything else, everyone is bored of Superman, getting straight to the meat of it all and making a Doomsday trilogy would be brilliant. Just make 3 films or so, make the first one in some way lead to a Doomsday trilogy and have the next two all about Doomsday and the death of Superman and thats it.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:34 pm
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:

Metallo
Doomsday
Mongul
Eradicator
Bizarro
Lobo
Toyman
They shouldve just started the whole Doomsday trilogy with this one, who cares about everything else, everyone is bored of Superman, getting straight to the meat of it all and making a Doomsday trilogy would be brilliant. Just make 3 films or so, make the first one in some way lead to a Doomsday trilogy and have the next two all about Doomsday and the death of Superman and thats it.

considering superman hasn't been around for over 20 years, i dont see how you can say everyone is bored of him. exactly whats available out there right now outside of smallville, comics and JLU that offers superman or has done so recently. your comments on people being bored of the character is baseless.

do people WANT it is another issue all together.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Killuminati510 wrote:
bABA wrote:

Metallo
Doomsday
Mongul
Eradicator
Bizarro
Lobo
Toyman

considering superman hasn't been around for over 20 years, i dont see how you can say everyone is bored of him. exactly whats available out there right now outside of smallville, comics and JLU that offers superman or has done so recently. your comments on people being bored of the character is baseless.

Superman is a tired character, he's nothing special anymore. The character as a whole is boring, lets move the story along to something new, we dont have to somewhat start from the beginning or give a whole backstory, it's not needed. Move along to something new.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Romosexual!

"Superman is a tired character, he's nothing special anymore."

:censored: your opinion sucks. :tongue: :happy:

he'll never tire and always will be special. :biggrin: he's THE comic book hero of all heroes.
People of all ages will go see this movie. This movie WILL top $300m. It WILL be the #1 movie of summer '06.
Records will be broken. Screw the rest of u who don't agree. :neener: He'll make a believer outta y'all.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:22 pm
Commander and Chef

so what you're really telling us is your personal opinion on it. the character itself cannot be boring because if it was, he wouldn't have been the biggest comic book icon till recently.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

so what you're really telling us is your personal opinion on it. the character itself cannot be boring because if it was, he wouldn't have been the biggest comic book icon till recently.

my opinion is the correct one. :tongue:

who's bigger then him now? NO ONE :nono: that's who.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:36 pm
Extraordinary

He might be one of the biggest, but he's not that well liked, people dont find him that interesting anymore. This isnt the 70's, he's tired and very generic for this day and age.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:55 pm
Extraordinary

Spider-Man 3 - 4.67 http://movies.go.com/movies/movie?name= ... 20Pictures

X3 - 4.51 http://movies.go.com/movies/movie?name= ... tury%20Fox

Superman Returns - 4.1 http://movies.go.com/movies/movie?name= ... 20Brothers

and just for good measures

Pirates 2 - 4.73 http://movies.go.com/movies/movie?name= ... 20Pictures

All have over 15000 votes. Superman is well below all three movies.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:02 pm
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:
He might be one of the biggest, but he's not that well liked, people dont find him that interesting anymore. This isnt the 70's, he's tired and very generic for this day and age.

again, your comments are baseless as there is no evidence out there to support either. its not like any vehicle from him has failed recently or has been amajor hit. the general opinion of the populace on whether people still like him, or find him interesting cannot be measured unless you're taking the only few superman related vehicles out there right now, which are smallville, JLU, the comics and Superman TAS (6 years ago). I'm not a fan of all of them but all are still showing success. its a small population though that watches these outside of smallville and hence, i do not wish to make them a part of the discussion, even if it supports what i'm saying. Batman may be more popular, but he still won't have the friendly appeal that supes can bring with him. at the end of the day, supe is a hero that everyone will be okay with, not batman. spidey matches and may even supercede the appeal at the moment but no one is mentioning spidey numbers.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Here's the buzz

watch it leapfrog all of them once the trailer is shown......hopefully with Harry 4.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:06 pm
Commander and Chef

Here's the buzz

if you remember, batman was behind in every summer poll too .. it was also predicted by almost every prediction site not to make more 160 mil ... cept this one ( :biggrin: )

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It was behind in every summer poll? It was over 4.6 on that movies.com thing and on yahoo's summer movie poll for the month of June it had the most votes, beating even WOTW by quite a bit.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:09 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Judging from the low ratings for Smallville and that Lois & Clark being cancelled due to low ratings 10 years ago, what really makes you think that the Superman movie would be so massive. What do you think really would make the Superman movie stand out more than its predessor 20 years ago. I just think its odd that the same people who told us Batman Begins wont be that big is because the movie was already made suddenly say that Superman will do 300 million when the first Superman adjusted barely made 350 million and so far Superman hasnt got that hype yet

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:30 pm
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:

Judging from the low ratings for Smallville and that Lois & Clark being cancelled due to low ratings 10 years ago, what really makes you think that the Superman movie would be so massive. What do you think really would make the Superman movie stand out more than its predessor 20 years ago. I just think its odd that the same people who told us Batman Begins wont be that big is because the movie was already made suddenly say that Superman will do 300 million when the first Superman adjusted barely made 350 million and so far Superman hasnt got that hype yet

when did i say batman begins wont make lots. i pegged it around 220 ... and the prediction was darn close.

smallville is a WB show. i dont expect massive numbers for it. but its gone on for a long time and the people who watch it enjoy the show quite a bit. btw, i still know people who know 'about' smallville but have no idea it has to do with superman at all. and did you ever see lois and clark? it was horrible. smallville's numbers have decreased over the last couple of seasons not because the itnerest in superman went down but because they strayed too far away from what he was suppose to be. it created a backlash amongst a few, with clark almost doing the nasty (hes a scout boy remember) and the complete dramatization of his entire world.

the old superman adjusted is barely 350 mil? Thats quite a bit. the film has a decent chance of getting to that 200. also, today, you have beteter marketing, more theatres, better cgi .... its the same reason why YOU were initially predicting BB to beat out batman 1989. the clear difference is that the original came out more than 20 years ago which equals to another entire new generation of people who'll be watching it.

Note: I never said superman is making 350 million. I'd be surprised if it makes 300. But i think it has a plausable chance of making 280 million but i'm personally expecting around 240. Supes is still a big icon. He isn't going down unless the marketing shows us clips of the movie that totally suck!!

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

movies buzz is a horible indicator. batman begins wasranked a full point higher then episod 3 heading into this summer....

a good indictaion is hollywoodstockexchange. the more expensivestocks are usually the biggest grosses and right now superman-=trailerless and not being a sequel-is at 200 dollars a stock. the most expensive aside from goblet of fire.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:07 pm
Devil's Advocate

The HSX price is the thoughts of all the bo predictors like us, it doesn't necessarily have to do anything to do with the regular public.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:23 pm

Metallo
Doomsday
Mongul
Eradicator
Bizarro
Lobo
Toyman

You've listed 3rd rate Villains that the general audience will have never heard of outside the more commercial Lex Luthor character.. These Villains make it look like their grasping and reaching at finding a Villain for this character to fight..

Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:08 am
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

You've listed 3rd rate Villains that the general audience will have never heard of outside the more commercial Lex Luthor character.. These Villains make it look like their grasping and reaching at finding a Villain for this character to fight..

BKB, I would argue that the second Superman was better than the first. It had Lex Luther too, but the 3 Negative Zone villians where 3rd rate in the comic. William Stryker (Brian Cox) in X2 was a 3rd rater that Singer used in the second film, so he's not opposed to doing it, and he knows how to make it work.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:32 am
Where will you be?

Killuminati510 wrote:
Here's the buzz

if you remember, batman was behind in every summer poll too .. it was also predicted by almost every prediction site not to make more 160 mil ... cept this one ( :biggrin: )

If WOM hadn't been so good, it might have finished under 140 million.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:16 am
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:

Metallo
Doomsday
Mongul
Eradicator
Bizarro
Lobo
Toyman

dude .. they aren't 3rd rate villains. no one had any idea who the hell green goblin was either cept for those who were fans of thef ranchise. he ain't no dr octopus or cenom. as far as i'm concerned, guys like sandman, lizard, jackal, kitty cat, mr insect and all the other spiderman villains are 3rd rate (yes, i made all those names up to make a point).

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:14 am
Profile WWW

BKB_The_Man wrote:
bABA wrote:

Metallo
Doomsday
Mongul
Eradicator
Bizarro
Lobo
Toyman

dude .. they aren't 3rd rate villains. no one had any idea who the hell green goblin was either cept for those who were fans of thef ranchise. he ain't no dr octopus or cenom. as far as i'm concerned, guys like sandman, lizard, jackal, kitty cat, mr insect and all the other spiderman villains are 3rd rate (yes, i made all those names up to make a point).

Baba, SUPERMAN RETURNS WILL Suck and that's the end of this.. :nonono:

Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:22 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Baba, SUPERMAN RETURNS WILL Suck and that's the end of this.. :nonono:

Answer: How BKB will respond when he's lost an argument.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 138  Next