Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 138  Next
 superman returns predictons 
Superfreak

:hahaha:

excel wrote:
batman begins: 205 million-lots of emotion, is now considered by many one of the greatest movies of all time.

excel wrote:
Ya i know that...batman waslike pirates of the carribean, where a lot of its positive buzz from that it wasnt just a great film, but it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better then anybody expected.

In the span of one minute, I can't believe you just said that. Jesus excel, you've outdone yourself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for your full reply, I don't think you understand the difference. All of the movies you listed had their main focus on the villianous plot and the action. Superman Returns is all Lois and Clark, Singer himself called it the first superhero chick flick. I could be wrong, but with the misleading marketing, I doubt people will come out uber praising anywhere close like they did for BB. It has 2 action scenes, according to Poland.

ok go with poland and ignore all the other articles about the action. begins is considered one of th ebets movies ever made; its 81 on the imdb top 250 with ner 100,000 votes.

shack how can you say this is any different then spiderman? that was about pter/mj just as much as superman is about lois/clark. audiences bought the love story and that is what helped make it the huge crowd pleaserto both men and women.

Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:24 pm
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:

excel wrote:
batman begins: 205 million-lots of emotion, is now considered by many one of the greatest movies of all time.

excel wrote:
Ya i know that...batman waslike pirates of the carribean, where a lot of its positive buzz from that it wasnt just a great film, but it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better then anybody expected.

In the span of one minute, I can't believe you just said that. Jesus excel, you've outdone yourself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for your full reply, I don't think you understand the difference. All of the movies you listed had their main focus on the villianous plot and the action. Superman Returns is all Lois and Clark, Singer himself called it the first superhero chick flick. I could be wrong, but with the misleading marketing, I doubt people will come out uber praising anywhere close like they did for BB. It has 2 action scenes, according to Poland.

ok go with poland and ignore all the other articles about the action. begins is considered one of th ebets movies ever made; its 81 on the imdb top 250 with ner 100,000 votes.

shack how can you say this is any different then spiderman? that was about pter/mj just as much as superman is about lois/clark. audiences bought the love story and that is what helped make it the huge crowd pleaserto both men and women.

Pretty sure it isn't, at all. Singer himself called his movie a chick flick.

But we'll see.

Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:33 pm
Superfreak

even if it is a chick flick, SO IS SPIDERMAN.

Geeeez. is is THAT hard to grasp?

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:22 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Right now ive got it at a $95-$100m 5 day and a total of $190-$230m.

Three day weekend looks to be around the $60m mark.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:22 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

WRONG.. Both SPIDERMAN movie's may of had their share of Romance in the subplot, but it was the Action that really took center stage and so far, it seems SUPERMAN RETURNS is trying to be TITANIC with a Red(or Maroon) Cape and I'm sorry but that's not gonna favor very well with teen boys supposedly into SUPERMAN.. Really this movie is going to be forgotten quick..

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

$190-200m 7 day (wed-tues). :thumbsup: you'll believe the bo can fly that high.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:25 am

$190-200m 7 day (wed-tues). :thumbsup: you'll believe the bo can fly that high.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:30 am
Superfreak

excel wrote:

WRONG.. Both SPIDERMAN movie's may of had their share of Romance in the subplot, but it was the Action that really took center stage and so far, it seems SUPERMAN RETURNS is trying to be TITANIC with a Red(or Maroon) Cape and I'm sorry but that's not gonna favor very well with teen boys supposedly into SUPERMAN.. Really this movie is going to be forgotten quick..

spiderman 2 had action over emotion?okkk................

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:43 am
Romosexual!

don't pay attention to that troll. :tongue:

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:50 am

LEX_BKB wrote:
excel wrote:

spiderman 2 had action over emotion?okkk................

Sam Raimi blends the Romance portion of these movie's beautifully with the Action that YES, does take center stage in the end and with Bryan Singer, he probably thought more with his Penis when making SUPERMAN RETURNS and Directing Routh then he cared about Action which appears to be few and far between in this movie from everyting I've read..

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:51 am
Profile WWW
Too Brilliant for Introductions

Spider-man films are overrated.

Umm... no. You just don't like them as much as most people do.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

the first is over rated, but it is partially because of its uber box office, and the fact that people thought it would be good like men in black good, but it was much better then expected. its good, but not great. i think superman will be comparable to spiderman 1 and xmen 1, and we can expect an even better sequel.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:07 am
Superfreak

one review we have yoet to get is ebert, butim gonna say it now that i think hes retarded. he gave usual suspects, xmen 1, spiderman 1, all thumbs down, while giving x2 a thumbs up because it is "DUMB FUN"....yeah ok x2 is dumb fun but spiderman and xmen 1 arent......ok rog.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:12 am
Superfreak

excel wrote:
the first is over rated, but it is partially because of its uber box office, and the fact that people thought it would be good like men in black good, but it was much better then expected. its good, but not great. i think superman will be comparable to spiderman 1 and xmen 1, and we can expect an even better sequel.

MIB? What the fuck is with you excel? MIB and SM1? Who the hell made that comparison?

lol you misunderstood it. i wasnt saying spiderman is as good as men in black, spideys worlds ahead.

i was saying that Men In Black was a big blockbuster that was well recieved cause it was dumb exciting fun; and that is what MANY expected spiderman to be. nobody thought itd have as much heart or drama as it did, but it did have that and because of it, blew past many people expectations which lead to incredable word of mouth that made it hold fantastically even against huge compitition.

exceeding expectations can make movies seem better then they are at first. see pirates of the caribbean 1, spiderman 1, and many other movies. i watched pirates last weekend for the first time ina while and its a great movie, but nearly as good asi remembered thinking it was in 2003.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:15 am
Wall-E

WOTW had the same release date, and got a 2.34 5-day about. This was with mixed WOM, though it didn't have competition like POTC2. Though you can't say its competition was easy, as F4 was pretty big, and then it faced Charlie/WC on its 3rd weekend, which both were huge hits.

The good thing for SR is that its 3rd weekend is full of little competition so it can stablize a bit. I think even with WOM like WOTW, SR should pull a 2.2 multiplier, which is bad legs no doubt, but its not going to just drop off completely.

With good WOM, I can see WOTW legs, and with great WOM, a 5-day multiplier near 2.45-2.5.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great legs mean 3.5+ muliplier
good legs mean 3+ multiplier
ok legs mean 2.5+ muliplier

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:30 am
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

excel wrote:

C'mon. What's the first thing Peter says in both movies?

"...This is a story about a girl..."

I completely agree that it blended in action and romance very well. But it really isn't the case you're trying to argue.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:35 am
Superfreak

that n mj is the indirectreason he becomes spidey-he wants to buy a car to impress her so goes wrestling...

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:55 am
College Boy Z

that n mj is the indirectreason he becomes spidey-he wants to buy a car to impress her so goes wrestling...

You're not doing a good job of justifying Spider-Man as a chick flick. It's not at all.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:56 am
Too Brilliant for Introductions

Honestly, there is romance involved in Spiderman, but it is FAR from a chick-flick.

excel wrote:

That's just like saying Curse of the Black Pearl was a chick flick because Will was willing to die to save Elizabeth.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Spiderman 2 is more of a chick flick than part 1 IMO, I gave sm1 **1/2 while giving 2 ****, the romance didnt bother me at all.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Listen to the mexican, he's right. It was handled very well, it didnt feel as though it went to chick flick status nor did it feel as though it wasnt needed, just the right amount. At the same time though, by no means is the Spider-Man films heavily action oriented.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:09 am
Superfreak

then how do we know da supey movie is a chick flick then? singer said its themost romantic movies hes ever made, but in honesty that is saying nothing.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:12 am
Extraordinary

Listen to the mexican,

Ok, now you have cross the line with me.
:cry:

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Killuminati510 wrote:
Listen to the mexican,

Ok, now you have cross the line with me.
:cry:
Im sorry you sexy Rican you.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 138  Next