Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:48 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 First 2005 movie to pass $100 million? 
You must have big rats

Post First 2005 movie to pass $100 million?
It looks like the number of 2004 $100+ million movies won't pass 29 that were achived last year as we are already in November and still have 15 $100 million movies to go in order to overtake 2003's amount. It is very unlikely that it will happen, so 2003 will keep the record of the most $100 million movies within a year at first. However, the next year offers a huge batch of possibly big hits, so chances are that the record will fall next year.

My question is, however, what 2005 movie will cross the $100 million mark first?

Here is the shedule for the first 3 months of 2005:

January:

January 7:

- White Noise

January 14:

- Coach Carter
- Elektra
- Racing Stripes

January 21:

- Assault on Precinct 13
- Hostage

January 28:

- D.E.B.S.
- Are we there yet?
- Hide and Seek

February:

February 4:

- Boogeyman
- The Wedding Date

February 11:

- Hitch
- Pooh's Heffalump Movie

February 18:

- Because of Winn-Dixie
- Constantine
- The Interpreter
- The Son of the Mask

February 25:

- Cursed

March:

March 4:

- Be Cool
- King's Ransom
- The Pacifier

March 11:

- The Cave
- The Jacket
- Robots
- A Sound of Thunder

March 18:

- Ice Princess
- Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Dangerous
- The Ring Two

March 25:

- Guess Who
- Kung Fu Hustle
- Nanny McPhee
- Rebound
- Sahara

March 30:

- Beauty Shop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My guess is that it will be Hitch, a romantic comedy starring Will Smith and Eva Mendez to cross $100 million first. Romcoms have been doing great recently and Will Smith is usually a great box-office draw. The trailer looks decent and it is opening around the Valentine's Day and the weekend before the President's Day Weekend. All that will give the movie a very good opening with decent legs on its way to $100+ million.

What do you think?

Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

ROBOTS!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Sorry, I don't care about the 1st, I wait till your threads on the third and sixth.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Sorry, I don't care about the 1st, I wait till your threads on the third and sixth.

Huh?

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

If not Elecktra then for sure Hitch...if those 2 cant pass 100 million then something is wrong in the world :P

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Goldie wrote:

Huh?

Nevermind him. He is an annoying spammer he stalks me over the internet because he has no life.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Algren wrote:
Goldie wrote:

Huh?

Nevermind him. He is an annoying spammer he stalks me over the internet because he has no life.

LOL Lecter, Wrong again. Never mind me, I will make one of my own that will peak my interest.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I think Constantine has a chance as well. It'll definitely be more frontloaded than Hitch, so it could make $100 milliopn before Hitch does.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Goldie, if you do not like Lecter's thread and have little interest in it, then do not respond to it as such. You are more than welcome to start any thread thats not a duplicate but I see no reason why you have to come in here and proclaim wanting to start your 'own' thread on something ...

Now this is the second time in the past 2 days I've seen you try to spite Lecter ... I will not be too linient on this in the future either .. I mean I've given Lecter hell already and been very nice to you .. the least i expect is for you to not try to spite another poster here for the sake of it!!

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Lecter, if your thread cam bvefore Spiderman's 100 million thread for 2005, i would have left this open. But your thread contents are pretty much covered in his thread.

I'm locking this.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]