Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Predict.....Amityville Horror 
Indiana Jones IV

Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:54 pm
College Boy Z

Do some of you realize how good of a chance The Amityville Horror has at outgrossing The Ring Two? I think it might.

Opening Weekend: $28.9 million
Total Gross: $75.1 million

Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:13 pm
Lover of Bacon

Do some of you realize how good of a chance The Amityville Horror has at outgrossing The Ring Two? I think it might.

I'm fairly sure it will! I think people are crying out for an R rated horror, i know i am.

Opening $31.5 Million
Total $75.6 Million

Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:17 pm
Site Owner

God help us if it does ... god help us all.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I don't think so, I highly doubt it will pass 55m. I serious haven't heard anyone else talk about this film.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

I hope it does well, but I'm not convinced. Dawn of the Dead only made 59 million, and what does this have that Dawn didn't?

Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:59 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

People still havent quite learned the lesson yet about Cursed and The Ring 2 doing subpar numbers. Why should AH be any different? The reaction I seen for the trailer was almost non-existent and what name are they using to sell the movie besides the based on a true story crap.

I highly highly doubt it will open to 30 million dollars.Try more like 22 million and under

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:01 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I hope it does well, but I'm not convinced. Dawn of the Dead only made 59 million, and what does this have that Dawn didn't?

What this has is a legendary, real life status attached to it that a Dawn of the Dead fictional horror doesn't have.. Bare in mind, whether you folks or anyone for that matter, wants to automatically dismiss the Amityville Horror as a hoax and take notice of those things 1st before actually keeping an open mind, it is still one of the world's greatest unsolved cases and it amazes me just how close minded the world is that we live in where folks will automatically take heed to stories about it supposedly being a hoax instead of paying attention to the facts that were presented in this case.. The world is far too skeptical and should keep more of an open mind when it comes to things like this.. The supernatural and hauntings do exist, but the problem is is that we demand 100% physical concrete proof and are far less likely to keep an open mind until we see it for ourselves.. No one will ever REALLY know what happened to this day, but 1 thing is for certain: Once this movie comes out, the folks who live in that house today, will get more tourist then ever, especially now when tney draw 300 tourist or more to there house in a weekend period, even over holidays.. Now you ask yourself, what does all this have to do with Amityville Horror's box office?? It has alot to do with it in the sense where this isn't just a well known publicized case, but the 25th Anniversary of this case as well and that alone will draw quite the movie crowd when this comes out.. In short: IOt's gonna make a fortune$$$..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:30 pm
Profile WWW

People still havent quite learned the lesson yet about Cursed and The Ring 2 doing subpar numbers. Why should AH be any different? The reaction I seen for the trailer was almost non-existent and what name are they using to sell the movie besides the based on a true story crap.

I highly highly doubt it will open to 30 million dollars.Try more like 22 million and under

I've explain WHY it's different and I'm not gonna go through it again and repeat it.. Besides, who really gives a shit that there were non-existent shouts of approval and standing ovations for the trailer?? Who cares??? :-k So because the audience was constantly buzzing afterward means there's no interst in this?? Is that what you think??? Hell, for the way you all acted abiout there being alot of buzz after thew RING II trailer appeared, I'm more inclined to laugh at that after it's weekend box office disapointment.. What name are they using to sell the movie?? The Amityville Horror: NUFF SAID... It doesn't need another name and if I were you folks, especially after the major disappointment that the RING II grossed over the weekend?? I'd pay attention to what I'm saying.. This WILL be the BEST Horror movie this year..

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:35 pm
Profile WWW

Zingaling wrote:

I don't think so, I highly doubt it will pass 55m. I serious haven't heard anyone else talk about this film.

:roll:

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:36 pm
Profile WWW

God help us if it does ... god help us all.

:mrgreen:

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I've explain WHY it's different and I'm not gonna go through it again and repeat it.. Besides, who really gives a shit that there were non-existent shouts of approval and standing ovations for the trailer?? Who cares??? :-k So because the audience was constantly buzzing afterward means there's no interst in this?? Is that what you think??? Hell, for the way you all acted abiout there being alot of buzz after thew RING II trailer appeared, I'm more inclined to laugh at that after it's weekend box office disapointment.. What name are they using to sell the movie?? The Amityville Horror: NUFF SAID... It doesn't need another name and if I were you folks, especially after the major disappointment that the RING II grossed over the weekend?? I'd pay attention to what I'm saying.. This WILL be the BEST Horror movie this year..

And you have any evidence to support the idea that AH will make tons of money just by name. So what did happen to Amityville Horror 3, wasnt that straight to video?. And yes reactions to trailers do matter. Im also not one of those people who were on the defensive about the Ring 2 so leave me out of that group. So just because its a remake that it will make loads of money? I didnt see that happen with Psycho

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:03 am
Christian's #1 Fan

I actually agree with BKB, again. $50 million is probably a little high, but it could honestly happen. I'm going to predict a little lower though:

Opening: $31 million
Domestic Total: $100 million

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:28 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:

And you have any evidence to support the idea that AH will make tons of money just by name. So what did happen to Amityville Horror 3, wasnt that straight to video?. And yes reactions to trailers do matter. Im also not one of those people who were on the defensive about the Ring 2 so leave me out of that group. So just because its a remake that it will make loads of money? I didnt see that happen with Psycho

What happened with Amityville 3D and the other direct to video movie was the fact that Hollywood beat a good thing to death, just like they'll do with the RING III... Amityville 3D and the other lame movie had nothing whatsoever to do with the original fact based story and the only similiarity was the use of the house.. That's it.. As for having any ridiculous evidence to support my claim that this movie will open big like I predict?? What evidence do you want?? :-k Show me the evidence that RING II tripled it's fanbase since 2002 and was gonna gross over 60 Million like many predicted and look what happened?? 36 Million and People were OWNED as a result... :laugh: I don't have any evidence, just a damn good feeling after the last 3 pathetic PG-13 Watered down horror attempts and an audience craving a damn good horror movie well done and Amityville happens to be the one, R-Rating and all... Will see soon enough..

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:36 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

The Amityville Horror is going to be pretty big for a couple of reasons.

1) It's got an effective trailer. It's probably the best trailer I've seen in over a year. It shows you that it's going to be scary (or atleast attempt to). I think the trailer is going to be the big selling point here.

2) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, anyone? Though that was in October, it was rated R, it's a remake of a popular 70's horror, and it had a great trailer. I've said it time and time again that The Amityville Horror and Texas Chainsaw Massacre have very similar trailers. That's probably because I think Michael Bay did both of them (?).

3) It's rated R. Let's face it, when The Ring Two gets the same PTA as White Noise (which was released in the first week of January for christs sake), PG-13 horror is coming to a close. If it weren't for the name, The Ring Two wouldn't have topped $20 million because it didn't have a very effective trailer, but went by it's fanbase. I'm thinking that everyone's waiting for a good ol' R-rated horror movie. Lots of blood, scares, the works. The Amityville Horror is going to be the one to do it.

It's going to do atleast Dawn of the Dead numbers, but I think it can do a little under The Texas Chainsaw Massacre numbers.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:37 am
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

80 million total

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:54 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

BO Total: $73.5

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Total = $60 mill

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:44 pm
---------

Total: $59.9

It seems like it could to Texas chainsaw opening, but horror OVERLOAD.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:00 pm

Opening: $23.2
Total: $59.9

It seems like it could to Texas chainsaw opening, but horror OVERLOAD.

Horror overload??? Hell it's not MGM's fault Hollywood put out 3 shitty PG-13 Horror movies in a row, 1 month after the other that Amityville should suffer because of this?? Fuck that... Folks will be ready for a damn good R-Rated Horror and this is it.. I guarantee it.. =D>

Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I agree that people are ready for a good "R" rated horror movie, but there has been an abundunce, and their prospects have been rapidly declining at the box office. This could help or hurt Amittyville, I'm just not sure at this point.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:41 am
Extraordinary

Its funny how you say " Good " horror movie, when you have no idea if that will be the case or not, it could easily suck like Hide and Seek, it has the girl with her imaginary friend just like in that movie, Amityville so far is following the cliches' and not staying true to the source, but thats just from what i've seen so far, I could be WAY off. Obviously they wanna make the imaginary friend a girl instead of what its really suppose to be ( pig ) just to have more appeal to it.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:36 am

Its funny how you say " Good " horror movie, when you have no idea if that will be the case or not, it could easily suck like Hide and Seek, it has the girl with her imaginary friend just like in that movie, Amityville so far is following the cliches' and not staying true to the source, but thats just from what i've seen so far, I could be WAY off. Obviously they wanna make the imaginary friend a girl instead of what its really suppose to be ( pig ) just to have more appeal to it.

That's wrong and after watching the newest trailer on that show COMING ATTRACTIONS on "E", They have inserted the eyes staring in the window at someone that was exactly reminiscent of the original movie with the pig.. Your right.. It just might suck like Hide and Seek or suck like the RING II did, or like Boogeyman and Cursed did, BUT IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.. I've had to set quite a few folks straight over this at the official website over this and tye eyes being in the movie.. Recently, they did some more pickup shoots or reshoots and I think that's where they inserted them... Bay probably got feedback from the internet sites about that being a major exclusion from the story, which was a major factor in the novel.. As for you comparing this to Hide and Seek?? Shame on you... This will be class, head and shoulders above Hide and Seek.. Also, There isn't 1 movie adaptation of a novel that has ever stayed 100% true to the source as evident with the Novel "The Exorcist", which was drastically different and far more descriptive and scarier than the movie was.. Of course the Gameboy Generation today will say there's nothing frightening or scary about it, but back then, it was..

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:23 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Final - 68.3mil

Almost a 2.6 multiplier is good enough, maybe even too much.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next