Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 138  Next
 superman returns predictons 
Romosexual!

BJ and Rev: I want this one to do well.

I have a tough time when I compare Reeve's avatar to this new superman. Not very impressive. Maybe Singer can work some magic with the movie.

dude Routh will do just fine. ;) of course not as good as Reeves but that's tough act to follow for anyone.....even Nicolas Cage. :tongue: thank god that deal fell with him and Burton.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:35 am
College Boy Z

Like I said, there's no reasoning why it can make $400 million. It's a blind hope.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:38 am
Devil's Advocate

I think if the film is well-made, and fun, it has a good shot at 300 mil+. If they make it to a level that for example Spider-man was made, then definitly.

But if it ends up like the teaser, then no. That was one of the most disappointing teasers I've ever seen, because I was anticipating this movie. They needed some action, some moves, Superman throwing guys through walls and shit. Burning people with his laser-eyes. Some excitement. What they came up with was terribly boring.

Hopefully the trailer can do much better.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:38 am
Veteran

jb007 wrote:
BJ and Rev: I want this one to do well.

I have a tough time when I compare Reeve's avatar to this new superman. Not very impressive. Maybe Singer can work some magic with the movie.

dude Routh will do just fine. ;) of course not as good as Reeves but that's tough act to follow for anyone.....even Nicolas Cage. :tongue: thank god that deal fell with him and Burton.

Hope you are right about Routh.

Cage/Burton would have been a disaster.

@BJ: you need to see Superman I and II. :shades:

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

I think if the film is well-made, and fun, it has a good shot at 300 mil+. If they make it to a level that for example Spider-man was made, then definitly.

But if it ends up like the teaser, then no. That was one of the most disappointing teasers I've ever seen, because I was anticipating this movie. They needed some action, some moves, Superman throwing guys through walls and shit. Burning people with his laser-eyes. Some excitement. What they came up with was terribly boring.

dude, this is sups not Sin City, this film doesnt need a lot of killing or action to rock hard.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

guess what i'm watching on my pc right now. ;) first letter s....

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:48 am
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:

dude, this is sups not Sin City, this film doesnt need a lot of killing or action to rock hard.

Well, maybe. I wouldn't say that kind of action, but the movie needs to be a fun ride. Not like that teaser. Like about the same amount of fighting and thrills that the Spiderman movies give us. If the quality(and the marketing shows this) is as high as the Spiderman movies, I see no reason why it can't gross as high. Even higher. Superman IS the bigger superhero after all. 500 mil+ is not an impossibility, if Spiderman was 400 mil+.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:00 am
Killing With Kindness

BJ wrote:
Shack wrote:

Well, maybe. I wouldn't say that kind of action, but the movie needs to be a fun ride. Not like that teaser. Like about the same amount of fighting and thrills that the Spiderman movies give us. If the quality(and the marketing shows this) is as high as the Spiderman movies, I see no reason why it can't gross as high. Even higher. Superman IS the bigger superhero after all. 500 mil+ is not an impossibility, if Spiderman was 400 mil+.

I thought the teaser was great, I would have been disapointed if they had jumped strait into the action. The teaser is I believe supposed to give you a glimpse of the film in question, nothing more realy. Expect the trailer to be outstanding, I know I do, this was a phenominal teaser one of the best I have ever seen. 500m+ is pushing it, I guess its about 5% posible. Anyway Singer was able to make X2 outstanding without much action, I hope he can do it again with Sups :smile:

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

My problem with the teaser was that it was slow, it featured nothing to get you excited about the film, it was basicly boring. To be honest I would've been much more content with just the giant S Superman symbol spread across the screen, like what Da Vinci Code and Pirates 2 did with their teasers, or just a couple seconds shot of Routh zipping through the air. The teaser needed something to say blockbuster. I hope the trailer can be great at least.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:18 am
Indiana Jones IV

Opening Weekend $130 mill
Total Domestic $400+ mill
Total Worldwide $900+ mill

Believe a man can fly.

Adjusting for inflation, Superman doesn't even get $30 million near $400 million, yet you expect this too? Superman also didn't have hard competition for 13 weeks (at least, according to the DVD). Pirates 2 is coming out right after Returns. Superman II also grossed only $108 million ($250 million in todays numbers) and you expect it to pass $400 million? I'll believe a man can fly; just like I've seen it the past 10 years. Superman was revolutionary in 1978 but now it's not going to "wow" people like it did. $300 million is really reaching it; much less $400 million.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

the character is too far popular not to get under a certain box office result.

quality would be the only thing keeping it low, but with singer at the helm, theyll do fine.

people, its a teaser not the whole movie.

not only that, i thought the teaser was great!

and again, superman IS the most popular character in comic book history.

plus, id argue that superman is the most popular fictional character in history as well. everyone knows what the S is, whether they like him or not.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

revolutions wrote:
Opening Weekend $130 mill
Total Domestic $400+ mill
Total Worldwide $900+ mill

Believe a man can fly.

Adjusting for inflation, Superman doesn't even get $30 million near $400 million, yet you expect this too? Superman also didn't have hard competition for 13 weeks (at least, according to the DVD). Pirates 2 is coming out right after Returns. Superman II also grossed only $108 million ($250 million in todays numbers) and you expect it to pass $400 million? I'll believe a man can fly; just like I've seen it the past 10 years. Superman was revolutionary in 1978 but now it's not going to "wow" people like it did. $300 million is really reaching it; much less $400 million.

Yes i do :) you know why? cause i BELIEVE! :shout:

Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:37 am
All Star Poster

Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:46 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

quality would be the only thing keeping it low, but with singer at the helm, theyll do fine.

plus, id argue that superman is the most popular fictional character in history as well. everyone knows what the S is, whether they like him or not.

Yeah, the character certainly helped Superman III and Superman IV, eh?

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

i would replace popular with famous.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Captain Muha wrote:

Yeah, the character certainly helped Superman III and Superman IV, eh?

those two don't count. :nono: they were never made or seen. ;)

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:37 pm
You must have big rats

Captain Muha wrote:

Exactly. I would say Superman is at least just as famous as Spider-Man. But Spidey is more popular, IMO.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:38 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:
Captain Muha wrote:

Exactly. I would say Superman is at least just as famous as Spider-Man. But Spidey is more popular, IMO.

superman is more famous. period.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:38 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

You can hardly claim that. I don't know anyone who hasn't heard of either of the two, so how can you determine this?

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

bABA wrote:

You can hardly claim that. I don't know anyone who hasn't heard of either of the two, so how can you determine this?

"because it's FUCKING Superman!" :tongue:

:hahaha:

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Dr. Lecter wrote:
bABA wrote:

"because it's FUCKING Superman!" :tongue:

:hahaha:

:thumbsup:

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:49 pm
Commander and Chef

lecter .. its simple. it has a lot to do with just his name .... from the time you're a young kid and you try doing something, people look at you say .. haha ... what does he think he is?? Superman?? haha .. look at the superman ... when kids pretended to be heros through the ages, they took a sheet and and tied it around their neck. when they jumped or did anything, they put extend their hands out in the air. no one twists their wrists around to motion webs coming out, no one compeltely covers their face and no one calls another person spidey unless ofcourse they have a strange effinity to hanging from rocks.

Supes on the whole, over 70 years has been the more famous one. Spidey today, is more popular.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Yep :happy: the good old days when no one could stop you cause you're superman. :tongue: not even the next door bully.
i miss my superman undies. :biggrin:

Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:07 pm
The Original

With good marketing and some good and spectacular Action in it I believe it can make 280 Domestic plus 320 Int =600 WW
Something in my pants is telling me that. But I see that as the top of the possibilities and only then when they really deliever something in the upcoming Trailers. Singers name will also help.

Supes franchise is not dead as Batman was and its already some time after the ugly parts 3 and 4. That might help.

I start to believe.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

Its simple logic. Superman is all and all a bigger superhero than Spiderman. If Superman comes out with great quality, great reviews, great marketing/trailer and buzz etc., basicly everything Spiderman had going for it, theres no reason why Superman can't reach his levels. I don't think Spiderman is any more appealing, in fact if anything I'd say Superman is. So theres no reason why he can't do 300 mil and 400 mil, maybe 500 mil if he explodes like hell.

But if the movie ends up like that teaser...noooooo. 180 mil total maybe if they make it like that.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 138  Next