Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Weekend Acutals 
King Albert!

Maverikk wrote:
Libs wrote:
It's also possible the *three* sneak previews it had last weekend may have hurt it this weekend.

I mean, I can understand one sneak preview (maybe two), but three is overkill.

Considering I already saw it, this might've shaved a good $1-2M off its gross.

That's very possible, too. Hopefully, WOM will help it out some, because it is really good. I think it will do well on home video with rentals and sales , in any case, but I do wish more good movies like this wouldn't be passed over by the masses when they are at theaters, while plenty of garbage rakes it in. That's just telling the studios that quality isn't a priority.

I think its going to have great wom, and will only drop 40% next weekend, which is pretty good considering. This one is going to have long legs, especially when all the big action movies come out in two weeks, it'll be the big counter-programming movie for anyone not looking to see bats, jedis, or galaxy hitchhikers.

Nah, it will drop lower than that. I mean, next weekend only opens one wide release, and it is not a comedy. So expect low declines from all movies.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Nah, it will drop lower than that. I mean, next weekend only opens one wide release, and it is not a comedy. So expect low declines from all movies.

I really hope so. The box office in the past few weeks ( and in 2005 in general ), is becoming more and more uninteresting. The last decent weekend, IMO, was the weekend where Constantine opened versus the second weekend of Hitch. Excluding Hitch, Diary Of A Mad Black Woman, Are We There Yet?, Coach Carter and the Pacifier ( to some extent, as i always expected it reach 100 m ), i think all the movies released this year underperformed.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2