Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Favorite Christmas Music? (Pop Songs, Carols, Hymns, etc.) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Favorite Christmas Music? (Pop Songs, Carols, Hymns, etc.)
I really love Christmas music. From the many hundred year old carols to many of the pop songs of today, original or otherwise, I listen to them all through November and December (and at random times throughout the year.)

My favorites, perhaps unsurprisingly, are the rock/metal arrangements/covers of many of the older songs/carols (a perfect mix of genres), but I'll also listen to Mariah Carey or any number of other pop stars. And, of course, the more comedic side of things like Nanowar of Steel.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Favorite Christmas Music? (Pop Songs, Carols, Hymns, etc
I like hymns cuz of the meaningful lyrics. The secular stuff is fine but it wears on me quicker.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:01 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Feel free to post them, especially if they're covers or different arrangements/styles than the traditional.

I'll be sharing loads of my favorites for the next few weeks.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I love the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Some of their full shows are on YouTube (at least from last year). Terrific shows, I'd love to see one in person.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:14 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

If you enjoy Trans-Siberian Orchestra, you may also enjoy my next songs.

They aren't Christmas songs, really, but I often listen to the album around Christmas, so I'll share a few of my favorite tracks of Holopainen's "The Life and Times of Scrooge".

(Beautifully sung Gaelic in the first track.)

Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:38 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:01 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Blasphemy! It is pretty good, very clever, and well-edited though.

And you know... I love All I Want For Christmas Is You, but I've never come across a cover or other version that I've really liked. It doesn't fit well with metal or rock arrangements (none that I've heard), straight covers are anything but and are lacking, and acoustic covers are bland.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Newly added song to the favorite Xmas songs list. Dan Vasc comes through with an excellent cover of Angels We Have Heard On High this year.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Love it.

Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Very good!

Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I heard this song on the radio and I wish the lyrics were a little bit better, cause I like the concept as a new staple type of song:

Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:18 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Can't believe it's that time of year again! Will begin sharing more later this week.

Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

wow, i hate it!

Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:14 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

wow you hate a christmas song? war on christmas much?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:41 am
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
wow you hate a christmas song? war on christmas much?

I don't hate the song, I hate that Christmas is 2 months long in the modern era.

Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]