Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Drake approval rating 

How do you feel about Drake?
He's great! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like a few of his songs but wouldn't call myself fan 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
I don't have much of an opinion on him one way or the other 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Don't really like him, but doesn't bother me 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
He's flat out terrible 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8

Drake approval rating 
Devil's Advocate

Post Drake approval rating
How do you feel about Aubrey after a decade of wild success and a train that doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon?

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:02 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Drake approval rating
Don't really like him but doesn't bother me

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:12 pm
The Kramer

I highly dislike him in general. His “last name ever, first name greatest” attitude and pop-rap style has set the whole genre back in my opinion.… but every now and then he does put out a jam. Not sure which of the five options that would fit

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:28 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I highly dislike him in general. His “last name ever, first name greatest” attitude and pop-rap style has set the whole genre back in my opinion.… but every now and then he does put out a jam. Not sure which of the five options that would fit

This is it

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Don't really like him but doesn't bother me

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:30 pm
The Kramer

But it does bother me lol. His influence has created so many songs that I don’t like yet have to hear all the time. Without Drake there’s no Post Malone, J-Cole, Lil Baby, etc… We could have had an entire generation inspired by Kendrick, but instead they’ve taken the path of Drake.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:49 pm
Devil's Advocate

I find his music to be somewhere between terrible and "will be the soundtrack torturing me in hell" and has had bad influence on the rap genre imo.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

But it does bother me lol. His influence has created so many songs that I don’t like yet have to hear all the time. With Drake there’s no Post Malone, J-Cole, Lil Baby, etc… We could have had an entire generation inspired by Kendrick, but instead they’ve taken the path of Drake.

I know you're not a fan but J Cole shouldn't be in that Lil Yachy type group for both time period and reasons and being a "classic" lyric driven rapper. I do think his first albums were his best and chasing after the popularity of the current style of beats might have hurt him. I think he and Kendrick Lamar are good choices for the 2010s rap flagbearers for people who don't like Drake.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:12 pm
Hold the door!

He sucks but most of his music is inoffensive at least

Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:25 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
But it does bother me lol. His influence has created so many songs that I don’t like yet have to hear all the time. With Drake there’s no Post Malone, J-Cole, Lil Baby, etc… We could have had an entire generation inspired by Kendrick, but instead they’ve taken the path of Drake.

I know you're not a fan but J Cole shouldn't be in that Lil Yachy type group for both time period and reasons and being a "classic" lyric driven rapper. I do think his first albums were his best and chasing after the popularity of the current style of beats might have hurt him. I think he and Kendrick Lamar are good choices for the 2010s rap flagbearers for people who don't like Drake.
I may be overly judgmental of face tattoos, but he’s never made a song that I like either so I figured he fit in with the rest.

For the past decade, excluding Kanye’s wild ups and downs, I’d go..

1) Kendrick Lamar
2) Killer Mike and El P (Run The Jewels)
3) Vince Staples

4) Schoolboy Q
5) Cardi B
6) Travis Scott

The last three aren’t at the same level of the first three, and Travis Scott might even fit into the bad group I mentioned before (though I think adding the space-age sound to the pop-rap has been a huge benefit ala Lil Uzi Verts excellent Eternal Atake album), but all of them consistently put out good songs.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:22 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

He was okay from 2001-2007 or so.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I think he has a lot of good tracks. Take Care is a great record. This last one was underwhelming though.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]