Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 New music / What do you think? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: New music / What do you think?
New Avril!

Hard to believe Let Go will be 20 years old next year!

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Glad to see Avril doing pop-punk again, but Travis Barker is so overexposed right now. I feel like he's been on every other song I've heard this year. :funny:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:08 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Been listening to the new Black Veil Brides album (The Phantom Tomorrow) this week. Probably my favorite by them since Wretched and Divine (one of my favorite albums of last decade). There isn't really one track I love, but I do enjoy the full album.

Have you been at any of their shows, Flava'd?

Favorite track is Shadows Rise (or maybe Born Again):

Interestingly, and there's probably a story that connect the two songs, it reminds me a lot of one of my favorites from Wretched and Divine, Shadow Die.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

:wub2: :wub2:

Might be my favorite since some on her 2013 self-titled album. Can a song like this find *a little* chart success in today's market?

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:50 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

This sounds like a hit. Feels weird to say in January, but it might end up being the 2022 Summer Jam.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:28 pm
The Kramer

Dare To Love Me sounds like a Taylor ghost write.

Also, in a total coincidence, it is my favorite song on Avril's album. :ninja:

Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:54 am
The Kramer

My new girl.

Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

New album in May!

Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:36 pm
The Kramer

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

Thu May 12, 2022 8:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Not sure about it yet. Vocals are too low/muffled, I think. I'll listen to it a bit more over the weekend. Some are speculating they may drop the album TOMORROW, so that'd be awesome.

Thu May 12, 2022 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

New MCR song is extra double meh.

Hopefully Kendrick and Black Keys and Florence come through. Big day for new albums!

Fri May 13, 2022 2:47 am
Hold the door!

Harry's House is great. Hopefully he can debut the whole album on the hot 100 and get several top 10 hits from it

Fri May 20, 2022 11:02 am
Devil's Advocate

It's pretty solid though I wish Harry kept with the wannabe Ryan Adams style he was doing on the first album

Fri May 20, 2022 1:24 pm
Devil's Advocate

Feeling the new Florence+The Machine a lot more than their last album

Sat May 28, 2022 7:09 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

*Emotional*

Avril released a new cover of "Breakway" for the 20th anniversary of her debut album, Let Go. She wrote the song (in part) for her debut album, but the label didn't think it fit her image, so it was given to Kelly Clarkson in 2004.

Not to get too cheesy, but I listened to this song almost the entire four hour drive (after packing my car with all I had/could fit for one trip) I made after moving out of my parent's house, so it's a special song.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It's crazy that Breakaway was meant for Avril and Since U Been Gone was meant for Hilary Duff. What would Kelly's career look like without those two? I highly doubt she gets to do the super dark My December album without two major hits to back up her vision.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:45 pm
Devil's Advocate

Solid rebrand. I guess if Billie Eilish is just going to release boring ballads about being famous, it's ok if some of these other girls rip off her sound.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:17 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Wasn't really aware she had a music career outside of Disney.

New Panic! at the Disco. Really digging this. Hopeful the album is closer to Death of a Bachelor (my favorite Panic! album) than Pray for the Wicked (already been 4 years since that one... like, what?) based on the lead track.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:12 pm
Devil's Advocate

Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:21 am
The Kramer

:wub2:

Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:37 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Confession: I, sometimes, find Disney Channel (or I guess Disney+ now) movie songs catchy and fun to listen to.

This one though, "Ain't No Doubt About It" (from Zombies 3), is one of the best, or at least something I'd add to a playlist. I don't expect it to be a hit on the charts or anything (though it is trending), but it legit sounds like a modern pop song you could hear on the radio or something. Check it out if interested.

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

While she needs to release less ballads, I like this one

Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next