Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Most overrated bands of all time 
rustiphica

Terminator1997 wrote:
nirvana is the most overrated band of all time. they are just an average band made out to be something great just because cobain killed himself.

fucking stupid..

It's true :lol: They're nothing special. Soundgarden deserved to be put at the top spot of the seattle scene over Nirvana.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:04 pm

It's all a matter of opinion dahling :wink:

SOme music has an undeniable influence and place in history. :wink:

Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:36 am
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
I never thought that Floyd were really bad or anything, but they are just not THAT good and nowhere near the best band of all time.

blasphemy

They made one of the greatest records of all time, and some of the greatest rock songs out there.

By far not :)

Pink Floyd as oen of the greatest rock bands ever is really not up for debate.

I love it how in this thread calling Nirvana overrated is stupid, but Floyd overrate...c'monthefuckon.

Their are classic bands I am not a big fan of, but I can still apreciate their greatness.

Floyd is easily in the top ten bands to have ever existed on the planet, Dark Side of the Moon alone gets them that. Through in Wish You Were, The Wall...

How can you listen to Shine on You Crazy Diamonds and Wish You Were Here, two of teh bset songs ever and call them overrated?

*listens to them, calls them overrated*

First of all, two good songs, doesn't make a band the best of all time.

Second of all, is it a proven scientific fact that these songs are the best ever...or is it just the majority's opinion. Because I tend to think the latter.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:42 pm
Profile WWW

Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
I never thought that Floyd were really bad or anything, but they are just not THAT good and nowhere near the best band of all time.

blasphemy

They made one of the greatest records of all time, and some of the greatest rock songs out there.

I love it how in this thread calling Nirvana overrated is stupid, but Floyd overrate...c'monthefuckon.

Their are classic bands I am not a big fan of, but I can still apreciate their greatness.

Floyd is easily in the top ten bands to have ever existed on the planet, Dark Side of the Moon alone gets them that. Through in Wish You Were, The Wall...

How can you listen to Shine on You Crazy Diamonds and Wish You Were Here, two of teh bset songs ever and call them overrated?

Second of all, is it a proven scientific fact that these songs are the best ever...or is it just the majority's opinion. Because I tend to think the latter.

Its not just two good songs, Pink Floyd is responsible for some of the best rock albums ever, which I listed. but you know hat is just to rock songs :roll:

Yes, its the opinion of the majority, of music fans, or music critics..and hta tfact hat over time that opinion has not changed. It is one thing to be popular for a week, another for year, and still another for 30 years.

There are bands that peopel consider great (like Nirvana) that I am not a big fan of, i don't run around call theming crap and denying the influence they had on music.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:14 pm
The Producer

Lecter, if you think Pink Floyd is overrated and only got two classic songs, please shut up.

PF is simply one of the most influential bands of all time.
Next to the Beatles, Led Zeppelin and U2. To name some of the all time greatest.

There are not a lot of albums in history that could beat classic albums like 'The Dark Side of the Moon', 'Wish You Were Here', 'The Wall', 'Meddle' and 'The Final Cut'.

Go to go.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:42 pm
rustiphica

Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

blasphemy

Even if you don't like them you can't deny the impact they had on music. I don't like Elvis but I respect what he's done for the music industry.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:47 pm
Cream of the Crop

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

blasphemy

Even if you don't like them you can't deny the impact they had on music. I don't like Elvis but I respect what he's done for the music industry.

What have they done for the music industry?

CREATED PROG ROCK!??? :Sleep:

Yeah thats wonderful... :shock:

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

CREATED PROG ROCK!??? :2up: :Sleep:

Weren't they one of the first to ever do a concept album?

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:22 pm
Cream of the Crop

lovemerox wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

blasphemy

It's all a matter of opinion dahling :wink:

But if you look at the numbers beg to differ you :wink:

Are you

SAYING

That high sales= quality band??

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Are you

SAYING

That high sales= quality band??

when music actually mattered (30-40 years ago) yes. But now numbers mean shit all about quality.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:25 pm
Cream of the Crop

Ahmed Johnson wrote:

:-k

Are referring to Dark Side Of The Moon? :razz:

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

rusty wrote:
Ahmed Johnson wrote:

:-k

Are referring to Dark Side Of The Moon? :razz:

well isn't dark side a concept album :-k

*ps* love the new smilies.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:32 pm
now we know

That a general statement that is just bs, pop music is really a well defined genre, is jstu music that is popular...so you are syaing as soon as people like something it sucks.

There is a particular music that people like on that grand of a scale to call "pop" music, that is the music i dislike. APART from the odd music i do like.

If you think thats odd, isnt that what this thread is all about? thinking something is over-rated because you dislike it presonally.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:25 pm
Profile WWW

Ripper wrote:
That a general statement that is just bs, pop music is really a well defined genre, is jstu music that is popular...so you are syaing as soon as people like something it sucks.

There is a particular music that people like on that grand of a scale to call "pop" music, that is the music i dislike. APART from the odd music i do like.

If you think thats odd, isnt that what this thread is all about? thinking something is over-rated because you dislike it presonally.

but pop music isn;t really a genre that has one can define in the same way youc an deifne rock, rap, etc..it jsut means opular...statiosn that play po music play Britney Spears, Nickleback and Eminem, because they are all popular. When people say po pthey might mean Brithery Spears at all, but pop stations play whaever is selling, over and over again.

So when someone says they don't like pop what I want is somethign more specific, since that tells me nothing except they had what is popular and played all the time...which to certian degree I udnerstand anythign that is overplayed gets irksome. But to hate all pop is in essence hating anything the masses like, and that can appear a bit elitest, like god forbid I like something they play on the radio.

Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:55 pm
now we know

Algren wrote:
Ripper wrote:

but pop music isn;t really a genre that has one can define in the same way youc an deifne rock, rap, etc..it jsut means opular...statiosn that play po music play Britney Spears, Nickleback and Eminem, because they are all popular. When people say po pthey might mean Brithery Spears at all, but pop stations play whaever is selling, over and over again.

So when someone says they don't like pop what I want is somethign more specific, since that tells me nothing except they had what is popular and played all the time...which to certian degree I udnerstand anythign that is overplayed gets irksome. But to hate all pop is in essence hating anything the masses like, and that can appear a bit elitest, like god forbid I like something they play on the radio.

Youre getting mixed up, in th first place i never said i didnt like 'pop', i said it was over-rated, thats all, which it is, in the literal meaning, as it means its popular, therefore it must be over-rated.

But, as you insist, i dont like and think these are over-rated:

Britney Spears, Eminem, Christina Aguliera, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Atomic Kitten, Sean Paul, Dr Dre, 50 Cent, Mary J Blige, Ronan Keating...see where im going? :wink:

I do like:

Girls Aloud, Robbie Williams and Savage Garden.

:)

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

raditz147 wrote:
Rusty, I have a feeling your gonna be mad at me, but I think Van Halen is one of the most overrated bands ever. Eddie Van Halen being the most overrated member of Van Halen

DEATH TO YOU!

I know Eddie Van Halen is overrated as a guitarist but you gotta remember that Van Halen is pure party rock. They don't have deep songs like other rock titans but they have songs that you can grow a mullet too and just rock out. Van Halen as a whole is not overrated!

Eddie is the main reason I don't like Van Halen. When people say that he is the greatest guitarists or even one of the greatest, it makes me really mad. Maybe I don't like them because when I hear them it reminds me of Eddie and how overrated he is. Another reason is, where I live, the only good classic rock radio station plays Van Halen WAY too much. If you were to listen to 10 songs on that station atleast 4 of them would be Van Halen.

Radditz: "My secret? Well let's just say that every serious fighter starts their day
with Cheerios."

Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Lecter, if you think Pink Floyd is overrated and only got two classic songs, please shut up.

PF is simply one of the most influential bands of all time.
Next to the Beatles, Led Zeppelin and U2. To name some of the all time greatest.

There are not a lot of albums in history that could beat classic albums like 'The Dark Side of the Moon', 'Wish You Were Here', 'The Wall', 'Meddle' and 'The Final Cut'.

Go to go.

I shall shut up because I think that Pink Floyd is overrated? Oh sorry, Mister God, I forgot that what you say goes... :roll:

Just like for movies, there is no definition of "good" in songs as well. You cannot prove that one specific band is great by just saying that most people think it is good. That's just dumb.

The Beatles and Led Zeppelin, I like. U2 never been a fan of, but they have good songs.

Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

blasphemy

Its not just two good songs, Pink Floyd is responsible for some of the best rock albums ever, which I listed. but you know hat is just to rock songs :roll:

Yes, its the opinion of the majority, of music fans, or music critics..and hta tfact hat over time that opinion has not changed. It is one thing to be popular for a week, another for year, and still another for 30 years.

There are bands that peopel consider great (like Nirvana) that I am not a big fan of, i don't run around call theming crap and denying the influence they had on music.

So what is so wrong with me not liking them? :???: I think that it is an okay, not bad, by far not an amazing band. Why does it matter what music critics or people say. Music critics are people like you and me and those are just their opinions. I can promise you, you'll find music critics who don't like Pink Floyd.

As for the influence, where exactly did I deny it? Then again, Britney Spears had an influence too. I remember this horrific wave of female singers trying to copy her over years (even Aguilera started out like that). So, considering this "impact", does it make her good? I don't think so...

Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

sorry dear, but im on arthur's side this time. i think pink floyd is waaay overrated. :(

Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
rustiphica

sorry dear, but im on arthur's side this time. i think pink floyd is waaay overrated. :(

pretty hard to take you seriously when you got two humping smilies :wink:

Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:29 am
Teenage Dream

Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3